PDA

View Full Version : Gio Ponti is pointed to...

Jasonm921
08-26-2010, 11:45 PM
The Breeder's Cup Turf Mile (drf.com). I don't agree but what do I know.

Robert Fischer
08-27-2010, 01:49 AM
should be a hell of a race this year.

gm10
08-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Goldi
Paco
Makfi
Gio
Canford Cliffs?

wow

NTamm1215
08-27-2010, 08:49 AM
This is a terrific decision. One of the best races, if not the best, he's ever run was in the Kilroe last year. The chance of there being a strong pace and his quarter-mile burst being setup perfectly is excellent. They were kind of in "no man's land" with this year's Cup because GP needs a lot of help to go 12 furlongs and dirt is too big of a question mark.

NT

Cardus
08-27-2010, 01:45 PM
This is a terrific decision. One of the best races, if not the best, he's ever run was in the Kilroe last year. The chance of there being a strong pace and his quarter-mile burst being setup perfectly is excellent. They were kind of in "no man's land" with this year's Cup because GP needs a lot of help to go 12 furlongs and dirt is too big of a question mark.

NT

Agree entirely.

tucker6
08-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I think it's a great race for him. He should do well, but that's not a prediction.

nearco
08-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Better off in the Classic. He's not an out an out miler, and it looks like there'll be some monsters in the Mile this year if all of Canford Cliffs, Paco Boy, Goldikova, Sydney's Candy etc show up. His best distance is 10f and with a pedigree like his, Storm Cat/Mr P on top of Alydar, there's no reason not to give the dirt a shot for 2.5 times the purse.

tucker6
08-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Better off in the Classic. He's not an out an out miler, and it looks like there'll be some monsters in the Mile this year if all of Canford Cliffs, Paco Boy, Goldikova, Sydney's Candy etc show up. His best distance is 10f and with a pedigree like his, Storm Cat/Mr P on top of Alydar, there's no reason not to give the dirt a shot for 2.5 times the purse.GP appears to like the grass more than the dirt, with or without the extra coin. I can't see him winning the Classic under any circumstances this year, and I like Gio Ponti.