PDA

View Full Version : "HARD KNOCKS: Training Camp"

xfile
08-26-2010, 07:49 AM
"HARD KNOCKS: Training Camp" - Series on HBO features my NY Jets. Anyone following this? Episode 3 was on last night. Pretty interesting. What's amazing is that it was not that much different than training camp for me in high school back in the early to mid 80's. Football is a lot like our game here. Have a good plan and know what to do and the exercise itself takes care of the rest.

mountainman
08-26-2010, 06:09 PM
What business is it of Tony Dungy's how Rex Ryan talks to his team or chooses his words? I don't hear hostility from Ryan, just passion, drive, arrogance and humor.

xfile
08-26-2010, 06:35 PM
What business is it of Tony Dungy's how Rex Ryan talks to his team or chooses his words? I don't hear hostility from Ryan, just passion, drive, arrogance and humor.
Definitely. Rex is one of the best coaches. Football is a tough sport and the coaches should be tough to keep the players tough.

KingChas
08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Our high school coaches used the same language in the 70's.

Of course if todays high school coaches used that language they would be fired due to some parent complaining about "Political Correctness". :rolleyes:

PS;If you have video on demand and HBO you can watch Hard Knocks anytime you want.

bigmack
09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Not only has this show exposed the inside scoop of a professional sports team being much like summer band camp with expletives, but they suck. They sucked playing Baltimore tonight, they sucked in Pre-School and hearing Ryan say "Go out there and play like a Jet" is now close to being interpreted as "Play like Munson"

http://sidesalad.net/archives/BillMurrayInKingpin.JPG

mountainman
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Ryan is right: They ARE the (f****ng) New York Jets. And that's the problem.

mountainman
09-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Mark Sanchez is the other problem. Sophomore jinx?? And where was the big freshman year??????

KingChas
09-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Mark Sanchez is the other problem. Sophomore jinx?? And where was the big freshman year??????

If Rex Ryan keeps firing up the next opponent with his bulletin board comments.
Sanchez won't last all season.