PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's have a Poll!

Tom
08-25-2003, 07:58 PM
DRF went down at 9:15pm Sunday night for "a few hours."
Now, at 8:00pm Monday night, they are still not back.

Soooooooooooooooooooo, not to belabour the point, when do you think DRF will back full service, or should I say, back to providing the service that they have already sold some customers.
I anm going with Tuesday evening, after 6pm.

JustRalph
08-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Tom

I hate to say it, but "who cares" I don't buy a damn thing from them anymore.................they treat their customers like Sh#%

Tom
08-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Anyone know when they came back?

TonyK@HSH
08-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Tom,

First of all to answer your questions, I was able to download at about 9pm last night. So it seems they got back up between 8-9pm. they do not have a strong PP when it comes to upgrades etc. They have consistenly missed the goals.
But there is another problem. I download their PP's at a discounted rate through Public-handicapper.com. This is a DRf partner. As of tonight at 6:30pm the link from this site was not yet up. i really like the product but they have not been a stellar web site provider.

Good luck

Tony

Tom
08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Just a fun poll-Jay Leno-poke at DRF.
But the results - 9 of 19 don't care.....DRF should take a look at their image, if they haven' toutlawed mirrors over there! :rolleyes:

cj
08-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by TonyK@HSH
Tom,

But there is another problem. I download their PP's at a discounted rate through Public-handicapper.com. This is a DRf partner. As of tonight at 6:30pm the link from this site was not yet up...

Tony

Still down at 11:19PM CDT. I sent the following email to customer service with a subject of Public Handicapper PP special still down. I'll post the answer when they get around to replying.

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? I didn't pay $100 to download PPs when it was convenient for the Daily Racing Form.

cj
08-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Now I'm pissed! Here was the response:

Dear Valued Customer,

You did not purchase these from the DRF. You purchased these through
the Public Handicapper. To access your racecards you must go through
their web page.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please email us at
cservice@drf.com. Or, if you prefer, you may call one of our Customer
Service Representatives at 1-800-306-FORM (1-800-306-3676). Customer
Service Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7
days a week.

Thank you for contacting Daily Racing Form!

Tom L.
Daily Racing Form Customer Service

And my reply:
Sir,

First off, I know what I'm doing. Please don't try to BS me. I download these PPs from DRF. I have been a long time DRF customer and would expect better treatment. A real business would not give some generic answer and leave it to the customer to find a solution. I also seem to recall my credit card being billed by DRF, not by Public Handicapper.

I did go through their web page, and this is the link:

http://www.drf.com/promotions/ph_challenge2.html

Clearly, it starts with www.drf.com....

when I attempt to sign in, I get the following:

Not Found

The requested URL /members/web_pp_alltracks.check_logon was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.43 OpenSSL/0.9.6g JRun/4.0 Server at www.drf.com Port 80

Again, www.drf.com. How do I get my PPs?

Marc At DRF
08-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Regarding PublicHandicapper issue--

PH sent out a note informing all players that the PH link would be down for a few days (we've changed ISPs and launched our new databases this week); apparently some PH customers missed that note. Included in the note was that any PH players with DRF subs who are trying to access their PPs should simply contact me directly at mattenb@drf.com for access to their PPs.

So if you play PH, are trying to access PPs through PH, just contact me via e-mail.

cj
08-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Thanks Marc...

the frustrating thing is the people at Customer Service obviously had no clue what I was even talking about, then they send generic replies like the customer is screwing it up somehow.

Marc At DRF
08-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah, this time it was somewhat my fault. I told somebody about it who is involved with that dept, but I didn't request a directive be sent out...

Meanwhile, even after it was sent to them later, Cservice seemed to have a hard time grasping the issue, at least partly because many PH customers in the past used to struggle with the notion that the only place to log-in for their special PP deal was through the PH site. So I think they kind of assumed it was just the same issue.

cj
08-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Plug for DRF...

Despite issues I have from time to time, I still think they provide the best product and I wouldn't change for anything. I think that is why I get so frustrated, but I do love the product!

Tom
08-27-2003, 07:45 PM
...and the beat goes on dadadadadada
...and the beat goes on dadadadadada

(Trying to keep a staight face......but failing

:p

cj
09-01-2003, 01:01 PM
The beat is still going on...STILL can't get the PPs I paid for. This is some total BS. Been a week now.