PDA

View Full Version : Jim Furyk Oversleeps by 5 mins. Gets DQd

Zippy Chippy
08-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Seems like a great guy and is a great talent, but boring as hell to watch. This week is first week of the playoffs (FEDEX CUP). I actually think the ruling is horrible. The tourney doesn't start til tomorrow but there is a new rule if you miss the Pro-AM you are DQd from the tourney.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38846975/ns/sports-golf/

DJofSD
08-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow, kind of rough though I wonder why he didn't use the hotel's wake up call service. For JF, it could be a very, very expensive mistake.

Tee
08-31-2010, 11:15 PM
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/pga-tour-about-face-pro-am-policy-39285/

"Any player missing his pro-am starting time will be subject to punishment under “conduct unbecoming a professional.” What that means is unclear, for the Tour does not discuss disciplinary action. The player will be required to finish the pro-am round and may be required to do additional sponsor activities."

"Anyone who misses his pro-am entirely is out of the tournament, unless he was excused."

bigmack
09-01-2010, 12:03 AM
I believe, Ba-Ba-Ba-Bing Crosby started the whole soiree of Pro-Am up the road in Del Mar. CEO's, celeb's & muckety mucks able to walk and swing with the pro's. :sleeping:

The concept is as silly as the advertising dollars spent in image advertising for corporate sponsors from arcane companies for golf tournaments for the simple reason the CEO likes to golf & wants his Co to to be seen while he's in the clubhouse of his local club.

Waste of loot, waste of time.

The Pro's put-up with it like an NFL'r signing auto's for fan appreciation day.

rastajenk
09-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Does every tournament have a pro-am? Seems like the so-called playoffs might be exempt from that kind of thing. But, as long as they go by their corporate sponsored names, I guess the bigwheels aren't going to miss their chance for golfing with the stars.

horses4courses
09-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Maybe he had gotten hold of Tiger's little black book?

That might delay you in the sack a while.......... ;)