PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga on track help

massman
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I am heading for the Travers on Saturday. I won't be getting there till about 10:30 11:00. Can I bring folding chairs or beach chairs onto the track apron at the top of the stretch? Are they on a limited simo schedule on Travers Day? Thanks in advance for your help and any other suggestions as far as where to sit as I am going to bring a cooler with me.

thespaah
08-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I am heading for the Travers on Saturday. I won't be getting there till about 10:30 11:00. Can I bring folding chairs or beach chairs onto the track apron at the top of the stretch? Are they on a limited simo schedule on Travers Day? Thanks in advance for your help and any other suggestions as far as where to sit as I am going to bring a cooler with me.
Coolers and chairs are prohibited in the grandstand. These items are also prohibited on the grandstand apron.
Follow this link for the rules and regs at Saratoga...Scroll down to "Traditions/Courtesies/Rules"...http://nyra.com/Saratoga/GeneralInformation/GeneralInformation/GeneralInformation.shtml
Simulcasting Schedule.....link.....http://nyra.com/Saratoga/Broadcast/Simulcasting/Simulcasting.shtml.....several tracks are available on Travers Day. Scroll down to Sat 8/28.....
Gates open at 7 am on Travers Day. Be prepared for a large crowd, especially if the weather is nice. Forecast looks good.
If you are meeting people there, I HIGHLY recommend they save you a seat or a space. Top O' The Stretch is a popular area.
In all, if you've never experienced Travers Day at Saratoga, it can be fun. You and perhaps 40 to 50 thousand of your closest friends will be in attendance. PLease note, there will be plenty of people there who are once a year track goers and many more who've never been. Please be patient. And above all HAVE FUN and MAKE MONEY!!!

alhattab
08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
You can bring coolers on the apron. No glass in the coolers. The cooler info is consistent with the info in TheSpaaah's link. I didn't see in the link TheSpaaah provided anything about chairs. With time you're arriving I think you'll find a patch of land in the backyard somewhere- toward the gate nearest I-87 by the horsepath the most likely area

thespaah
08-26-2010, 12:24 AM
You can bring coolers on the apron. No glass in the coolers. The cooler info is consistent with the info in TheSpaaah's link. I didn't see in the link TheSpaaah provided anything about chairs. With time you're arriving I think you'll find a patch of land in the backyard somewhere- toward the gate nearest I-87 by the horsepath the most likely areaYeah...There's no mention of chairs.
He's getting there late. Hopefully someone is saving him a spot where he wants to go.
Travers Day we get up real early. Make sure we get there at 7 am,. Reserve a picnic table out back and head back. We go down around 10:30 and settle in.
Thing is, coolers are not allowed in the grandstand. In order to get to the apron, you have to go thru the grandstand to get there.

alhattab
08-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Yeah...There's no mention of chairs.
He's getting there late. Hopefully someone is saving him a spot where he wants to go.
Travers Day we get up real early. Make sure we get there at 7 am,. Reserve a picnic table out back and head back. We go down around 10:30 and settle in.
Thing is, coolers are not allowed in the grandstand. In order to get to the apron, you have to go thru the grandstand to get there.

I just got back from the track Thurs a.m. There is a sign on building facing the apron that says "coolers are not permitted anywhere in the building- walkway to backyard" which I guess is the designated pathway to carry the coolers. It's right near where there is that wall separating the grandstand from clubhouse on the ground level.

I'm surprised you can get a table even if you get there @ 7:00. My m.o. is to get there between 9:30 and 10:00 w/chairs and a portable table- we can usually get a nice patch of land somewhere at that hour.

Anyway, enjoy! Should be a great day with great weather- a nice change from last year.