PDA

View Full Version : what a deal...$200

prospector
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
my fridge was dying..so i bought a new one on sale and used my vet discount..total cost $450
imagine my surprise when they told me since i got any energy eff. model
i was eligible for a rebate from the state..i just sent in the paperwork for $200 back....for a product i had to buy anyway..in no way did the rebate affect me buying the new fridge, yet i get a rebate...thank you
yes, i'm taking the money..:jump::jump:

horses4courses
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
See what a little government spending can do from time to time? ;)

Tom
08-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Calling mostie........can you 'splain this to us? :D

JustRalph
08-24-2010, 02:14 PM
You're Welcome from all the other tax payers that paid for that rebate

Check the story below..........Ohio Screwed this up by outsourcing the rebate program and handed a huge chunk of money to another country
your tax dollars at work.............

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2010/08/ohio_appliance_rebate_programs.html

"Patt-McDaniel and other Department of Development employees discovered that Parago was using an offshore facility only after an Ohioan asked the person on the other end of the rebate hotline where he was located and was told: "El Salvador."

skate
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
:lol:

BlueShoe
08-25-2010, 04:53 PM
i just sent in the paperwork for $200 back....for a product i had to buy anyway..in no way did the rebate affect me buying the new fridge, yet i get a rebate...thank you
yes, i'm taking the money..:jump::jump:
As soon as you get the check and cash it, head across the river right straight to the Riverside race book with the 2 c's. You will surely have a prosperous day.:ThmbUp: You have been granted a gift from the Racing Gods, and these things do not happen often, and must be taken advantage of at once. :cool:

bigmack
08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
When does this administration roll-out the fun stuff? You know, money for nothin' and chicks for free.

Wait, they've got the money for nothin' covered.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_25_10_14_00_41.png

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_25_10_14_00_11.png

prospector
08-25-2010, 07:50 PM
As soon as you get the check and cash it, head across the river right straight to the Riverside race book with the 2 c's. You will surely have a prosperous day.:ThmbUp: You have been granted a gift from the Racing Gods, and these things do not happen often, and must be taken advantage of at once. :cool:
i go there every day..love it..can use slot card on horse racing..haven't bought a meal in 1 1/2 years...great comp system..

Tom
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
When does this administration roll-out the fun stuff? You know, money for nothin' and chicks for free.

_RojRPQq2-Q

6VnTOloMS38

Tom
08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Kh6nJuPd3SM&feature=related

Tom
08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
The hits continue, spotting the hits that that hit the spot, from our stacks of wax, right here on the center aisle of your radio dial, WBO and that ain't no bull.

_c10O9IR1rs&feature=related

Tom
08-25-2010, 09:38 PM
dlmmVuxTHSA&feature=related

JustRalph
08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Good Stuff Tom......... :lol:

That guy does a pretty good TN Ernie Ford

All we need is a Martha White Commercial to go with it........
http://www.marthawhite.com/assets/about/ernieFord.gif

OzFWHh2iMaU

BlueShoe
08-25-2010, 11:36 PM
i go there every day..love it..can use slot card on horse racing..haven't bought a meal in 1 1/2 years...great comp system.. I will be there this coming Sunday thru Wednesday, have a 3 night room comp that I could not turn down. Weather forecast for Sunday is for a "chilly" 95 and windy, so will not roast driving in early in the morning. The RS has been my favorite book since they moved upstairs from what is now the poker room. However, on the last two visits, last December and March, the service and efficiency seemed to have slipped a little. Locals that I spoke to have also had the same impression. One thing that really ticked off everyone, local or visitor, is that you can no longer use comp dollars to purchase Forms, cash only please. Oh well, with what I have on the books, could eat every meal there for zero if i wished, although prefer to hoard a bit and use the comp dollars sparingly.