PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blasts Neo-Cons

NJ Stinks
08-24-2010, 02:10 AM
This guy may not get everything right but he is far better than most. What follows is an excerpt of an article written by Ron Paul that was pasted from Ron Paul's website:

Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots: Stop Your Demagogy About The NYC Mosque! (http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-08-20/ron-paul-sunshine-patriots-stop-your-demagogy-about-the-nyc-mosque/)

excerpt:

Just think of what might (not) have happened if the whole issue had been ignored and the national debate stuck with war, peace, and prosperity. There certainly would have been a lot less emotionalism on both sides. The fact that so much attention has been given the mosque debate, raises the question of just why and driven by whom?

In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it.

They never miss a chance to use hatred toward Muslims to rally support for the ill conceived preventative wars. A select quote from soldiers from in Afghanistan and Iraq expressing concern over the mosque is pure propaganda and an affront to their bravery and sacrifice.

The claim is that we are in the Middle East to protect our liberties is misleading. To continue this charade, millions of Muslims are indicted and we are obligated to rescue them from their religious and political leaders. And, we’re supposed to believe that abusing our liberties here at home and pursuing unconstitutional wars overseas will solve our problems.

The entire article is at the link below:

http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-08-20/ron-paul-sunshine-patriots-stop-your-demagogy-about-the-nyc-mosque/

newtothegame
08-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Political Cartoons and Funnies

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz081910dAPR20100819044534.jpg

ArlJim78
08-24-2010, 07:45 AM
So in the lunatic world of Ron Paul, Harry Reid, Howard Dean, the 9/11 survivor families and 70 percent of the nation are all neo-conservatives beating the drums of war?

It sounds to me like Paul is demagoging the mosque issue to push his anti war agenda. Now I think his war concerns are valid, but to conflate these two issues and to say that those opposed to the ground zero mosque do so because of a hatred Muslims and want more war in the Middle East shows once again why Mr Paul is a couple of fries short of a happy meal.

serp
08-24-2010, 08:50 AM
anti war agenda

Shouldn't we all have an anti war agenda? War is bad. We should question it's use.

I don't agree with a lot of things Ron Paul says but I will give him some credit. He's one of the few politicians that will answer a question with what he believes instead of what he thinks you want to hear. He really believes the thing he says and he has his actions behind them.

As for this particular issue he is completely right. Hate is being generated for political gain. We are being systematically divided so that votes are made by emotion and not on logic.

Many, many terrible things have happened in the name of christianity. That doesn't mean that those terrible incidents should represent that religion. How can one hold that standard for one religion but not others?

While the misguided hate is human nature, it is born from ignorance. The best way we can fight it is to somehow take your preconceptions out of it and see the facts without bias. This is very hard to do unfortunately.