PDA

View Full Version : Consistency

Trotman
08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
For all the followers of the Jugheads where do you find the most consistency with regards to winners. The condition levels or straight claimers. Just about everyone has an opinion on this.

kenwoodall2
08-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Sprints!

DeanT
08-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Sprints!
Georgian Downs has a sprint this weekend. 1/8th of a mile. Dont bet the inside posts :)

I like Maidens Trotman. Then claimers I guess.

Trotman
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Dean T On the WEG circuit I tend to find the claimers more consistent and I notice when they run short of conditions and combine anything can happen and usually does.

kenwoodall2
08-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Georgian Downs has a sprint this weekend. 1/8th of a mile. Dont bet the inside posts :)

I like Maidens Trotman. Then claimers I guess.
I did not see this was a Harness thread!
Who plays Trots and who plays Pace races?

botster
08-25-2010, 12:09 AM
I did not see this was a Harness thread!

Trots had always seemed to bring the better value for me. I should add that over the last ten years or so, I have found that claiming pacers anywhere from the 15 to 25 claiming tag range being very formful.This is becoming more of a curve for me as time passes.

I think many who have played for a few centuries will agree.The patterns we see with actual form and the results off these patterns will repeat with some consistancy.My dad has helped me a great deal in seeing these patterns with claiming pacers over these last ten years.

SchagFactorToWin
08-25-2010, 09:22 AM

The trotter's break rate limits the value of their bets. For the last 18 months, my pacer picks broke at a rate of 3.5%. Trotters broke at a 15.6% rate. I have stopped betting trotters and bet pacers only.

kenwoodall2
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
The trotter's break rate limits the value of their bets. For the last 18 months, my pacer picks broke at a rate of 3.5%. Trotters broke at a 15.6% rate. I have stopped betting trotters and bet pacers only.
I'm learning something! Now tell me how to tell which harness horses in the race will go wide and pass the early speed?

kenwoodall2
08-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm learning something! Now tell me how to tell which harness horses in the race will go wide and pass the early speed in the stretch?

markgoldie
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Trot races offer the opportunity for some very creative play in gimmicks. One simple example is this: You have a clear favorite trotter who makes the occasional break. First, look at the horse's finishes after having made a break. Some trotters can recover well and still put in a good effort. Others who break are totally out of the race. If you have such a favorite trotter who is totally out after breaking, you can play the race with him on top of your contenders, but then play the gimmick with him totally out. In other words, put him in the top position only and never any of the others. Similarly, if you have a favorite trotter who makes such breaks but who may be beaten legitimately by one contender, play him first and second with that contender only, but leave him out of the third position. And so there are some things you can do to "game" breaking types.

SchagFactorToWin
08-26-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm learning something! Now tell me how to tell which harness horses in the race will go wide and pass the early speed?
All those who run against my early speed bet! :lol:

SchagFactorToWin
08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
And so there are some things you can do to "game" breaking types.

But nothing that increases the ROI or profits more than passing on them, in my experience.