PDA

View Full Version : He's The Real Deal!

Pell Mell
08-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Excerpt: "I am so disappointed. I’m also angry that there are those who are so uninformed and intimidated by these people that they are willing to allow this. We need to remember that Islam is not a religion, but a totalitarian way of life with a religious component. Yet we protect the entire thing under the first amendment. Stop and think about it. Islam is a legal system, a political system, a financial system, a dress code, a moral code, and a social structure, yet we protect it as a first amendment issue. That’s our fundamental mistake. The second thing is, people have no understanding of Islam’s history or its basic tenets. Islam’s objective in America is to replace our Constitution with Sharia law."

Of course I'm sure Mosty and his ilk will explain how this guy is wrong because they have been there and done that.

http://townhall.com/columnists/WThomasSmithJr/2010/08/23/fmr_lt_general_boykin_islam’s_primary_objective_is _conquest/page/2

ArlJim78
08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
This guy Boykin is a clear thinking person who has a very good firsthand grasp of the situation. In this country though we are inundated with fuzzy thinkers and armies of the willfully ignorant.

The old saying is true, All that is necessary for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.

Let's Roll
08-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Excellent article, Thank You !!

HUSKER55
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
go to wikipedia and lookup muslim brotherhood

newtothegame
08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
this was discussed briefly in the "mosque" thread after Hcap provided info that suggested this IMAM is just trying to make the world a better place more or less.
Same about the Greek church not being rebuilt...Slewis and I had a relatively informative discussion on it...but in the end...the orthodox church doesnt have the clout or money backing them that the muslims have.

Sad state of affairs in this country these days!

boxcar
08-23-2010, 11:12 PM
go to wikipedia and lookup muslim brotherhood

BINGO!!!!

Boxcar

newtothegame
08-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Political Cartoons and Funnies

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/kn082010dAPC20100819044527.jpg

hcap
08-24-2010, 06:58 AM
This guy Boykin is a clear thinking person who has a very good firsthand grasp of the situation. In this country though we are inundated with fuzzy thinkers and armies of the willfully ignorant.

.Yeah the same guy who said...

"Well, you know what?" Boykin continued. "I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol. Our spiritual enemy,will only be defeated if we come against them in the name of Jesus."

"He has described himself as a warrior in the kingdom of God and invited others to join with him in fighting for the United States through repentance, prayer and the exercise of faith in God.

"He has praised the leadership of President Bush, whom he extolled as 'a man who prays in the Oval Office.' ... 'George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States,' Boykin told an Oregon congregation. 'He was appointed by God."

.................................................. ..................

Maybe his name should be "Bonkers" instead of Boykin??

ArlJim78
08-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes exactly, the same guy. He understands what Islam is and he understands very well the situation with the war.

I thought we were supposed to be tolerant and respectful of people of faith in this country? Isn't that the position you guys are taking with regard to the mosque? Oh right, that's only if you're Muslim. Practicing Christians are all bonkers. gotcha.

hcap
08-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Jim,

You are the clear winner in this debate. Your god is tougher and meaner.

Probably has a AM Talk Radio show too.

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Cap, please explain something.

Why do you wish to change the country you grew up in? The one that gave you what you have and the right to speak as you do.

Why would you subject your children and grandchildren to living in an uncertain environment when you know that what you had was the best the world ever offered?

What is the great injustice that has been visited upon you that would cause you to want our country, as it has been all these years, to be dismantled?

Just curious.

woodtoo
08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Jim,

You are the clear winner in this debate. Your god is tougher and meaner.

Probably has a AM Talk Radio show too.

don't tell me,your a left wing mooslim too :eek:

hcap
08-24-2010, 09:42 AM
don't tell me,your a left wing mooslim too :eek:Kneejerk ISLAMOPHOBIA makes people misspell too

Let's Roll
08-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Why do you wish to change the country you grew up in? The one that gave you what you have and the right to speak as you do.

Why would you subject your children and grandchildren to living in an uncertain environment when you know that what you had was the best the world ever offered?

What is the great injustice that has been visited upon you that would cause you to want our country, as it has been all these years, to be dismantled?

Just curious.
I am curious as well.

hcap
08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
You gentlemen obviously have a bigger, tougher, meaner god than I do. Boyken is a loonie. As most of you.

'George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States,' Boykin told an Oregon congregation. 'He was appointed by God."
That is the same man you think has got a handle on the situation?

ArlJim78
08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Your fascination with his religious views misses the point. What difference does his statement about George Bush being appointed by God make? You and I may disagree with that, that's because we live in a society that tolerates different religious views. However you cannot quibble with his assessment of the war in Afghanistan or Islam because it is spot on.
He's a man who understands what it means to live in a country that is 70% Christian (democratic and freedom to worship or not) versus living in a country that is 70% Islamic (brutal totalitarianism).

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
You gentlemen obviously have a bigger, tougher, meaner god than I do. Boyken is a loonie. As most of you.

That is the same man you think has got a handle on the situation?

Just what has God or religion have to do with the question I posed to you? You always manage to drag some irrelevant bullshit into the game to try to create a diversion. Were' way ahead of you. You could never be a boxer because you telegraph every punch.:lol:

cj's dad
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
That you asked Hcap this 2 hours and 20 minutes ago and he has yet to answer. Whats up Cap ?? At a loss for a good explanation to a very valid question ?

Just curious.

hcap
08-24-2010, 10:58 AM
The question is a bunch of crap.
Similar to "do you still beat your wife?

boxcar
08-24-2010, 11:09 AM
The question is a bunch of crap.

No. The person to whom it was asked is! You're just like any other dumbed down, brainwashed, mind-numbed robotic liberal when it comes to discussing real issues or addressing deeper questions. You have no answers. You are what you are and you can't even defend why you are that way. You can't tell us why you hate the greatest country on this planet and like BO want to fundamentally change its values, what America is and what she has stood for since her founding.

Boxcar

jognlope
08-24-2010, 02:14 PM
What would you have done last year instead of:

Stimulus money to stimulate the economy (tax cuts were in place still and weren't working):

Health care bill to bring down premiums and institute fair practices and equalize availability of health care:

Native Texan III
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
"Islam is a legal system, a political system, a financial system, a dress code, a moral code, and a social structure, yet we protect it as a first amendment issue. That’s our fundamental mistake."

Next stop the Amish?:

"The rules of the church — the Ordnung (/wiki/Ordnung) — must be observed by every member. These rules cover most aspects of day-to-day living, and include prohibitions or limitations on the use of power-line electricity, telephones and automobiles, as well as regulations on clothing. Many Amish church members may not buy insurance or accept government assistance such as Social Security (/wiki/Social_Security_(United_States)). As Anabaptists (/wiki/Anabaptist), Amish church members practice nonresistance (/wiki/Nonresistance) and will not perform any type of military service. Members who do not conform to these expectations and who cannot be convinced to repent (/wiki/Repentance) are excommunicated. In addition to excommunication, members may be shunned (/wiki/Shunning) — a practice that limits social contacts to shame the wayward member into returning to the church. During adolescence (rumspringa (/wiki/Rumspringa) or "running around" in some communities), nonconforming behavior that would result in the shunning of an adult who had made the permanent commitment of baptism may meet with a degree of forbearance.[7] (#cite_note-6)
Amish church groups seek to maintain a degree of separation from the non-Amish world. There is generally a heavy emphasis on church and family relationships. They typically operate their own one-room schools (/wiki/One-room_school) and discontinue formal education at grade eight. They value rural life, manual labor and humility. Due to intermarriage, or inbreeding, among this relatively small original population (/wiki/Founder_effect), some groups have increased incidences of certain inheritable conditions"

mostpost
08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
That you asked Hcap this 2 hours and 20 minutes ago and he has yet to answer. Whats up Cap ?? At a loss for a good explanation to a very valid question ?
I agree with hcap that it is a bogus question. It asssumes a lot of things that can't be assumed. Just to refresh our memories:
Originally Posted by Pell Mell

Just curious.

Note: I am speaking for me, not for 'cap.
I don't want to change the country I grew up in. I want to change the country I'm living in now. When I was growing up, my father had one job. My mother did not work. I mean she did not have a paying job. She did plenty of work. Yet, my father was able to support a family of four in comfortable style. Other fathers in our neighborhood were able to do the same.
We are all familiar with the incident in which a woman told George W. Bush that she was working three jobs to provide her family with the basic necessities. In an answer eerily reminiscent of Marie Antoinette Bush replied. "That's wonderful...that's the American Way." What a tool. :bang: :bang:
Why should a worker have to work three jobs to provide for her family, while someone else gets a multi-million dollar bonus for taking a job away from that same worker?
Why should an executive get a huge bonus for figuring out how to steal the pensions of his employees?

The uncertain environment is the one we are living in now. A person does not know from one minute to the next if he has a job or if it has been outsourced to India or Mexico or China or wherever. A person does not know if he has healthcare or if when he shows up at the hospital to have his appendix removed he will have to go into debt to pay for the operation. A person does not know if he will have a pension or if he will be fired six months short of retirement and left with nothing.

The uncertain environment is one in which coal miners die because mining companies are more concerned with production than human lives and government fails to hold them to account.

The uncertain environment is one in which people lose their homes because financial institutions speculate on unsafe securities and government fails to hold them to account.

Quite the opposite from trying to dismantle the country, we are trying to restore it. To restore it to a time when business prospered, but also where workers shared in that prosperity. We are working to restore the large and prosperous middle class that is the only sure foundation for prosperity for everyone.

ArlJim78
08-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Are the Amish at war with western society?

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I haven't heard of the Amish killing anyone for leaving the faith or trying to establish a set of laws for others to abide by. I spent a lot of time in Amish country and they make trouble for nobody. In fact, when those Amish kids were killed in school they actually fargave the killer. Your talking apples and oranges.

mostpost
08-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Are the Amish at war with western society?
Can we be sure there's not a suitcase nuke under those pies they sell at the county fairs?

rastajenk
08-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Quite the opposite from trying to dismantle the country, we are trying to restore it. To restore it to a time when business prospered, but also where workers shared in that prosperity. We are working to restore the large and prosperous middle class that is the only sure foundation for prosperity for everyone That sounds like something conservatives are often, mistakenly, accused of: picking a time in the past when everything seemed peachy keen and trying to hold on to it. Ward and June Cleaver, with the Beav and his big brother Wally. How quaint.

newtothegame
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Can we be sure there's not a suitcase nuke under those pies they sell at the county fairs?

RACIST!!!

mostpost
08-24-2010, 05:48 PM
That sounds like something conservatives are often, mistakenly, accused of: picking a time in the past when everything seemed peachy keen and trying to hold on to it. Ward and June Cleaver, with the Beav and his big brother Wally. How quaint.
Sometimes you have to go back to go forward. Thanks to unions, democrats and progressives, we were on the superhighway to prosperity. Then we let Reagan and the Bushes drive. They didn't know how to read the map and we ended up lost in the forest. We need to get back to the highway.

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
I agree with hcap that it is a bogus question. It asssumes a lot of things that can't be assumed. Just to refresh our memories:

Note: I am speaking for me, not for 'cap.
I don't want to change the country I grew up in. I want to change the country I'm living in now. When I was growing up, my father had one job. My mother did not work. I mean she did not have a paying job. She did plenty of work. Yet, my father was able to support a family of four in comfortable style. Other fathers in our neighborhood were able to do the same.
We are all familiar with the incident in which a woman told George W. Bush that she was working three jobs to provide her family with the basic necessities. In an answer eerily reminiscent of Marie Antoinette Bush replied. "That's wonderful...that's the American Way." What a tool. :bang: :bang:
Why should a worker have to work three jobs to provide for her family, while someone else gets a multi-million dollar bonus for taking a job away from that same worker?
Why should an executive get a huge bonus for figuring out how to steal the pensions of his employees?

The uncertain environment is the one we are living in now. A person does not know from one minute to the next if he has a job or if it has been outsourced to India or Mexico or China or wherever. A person does not know if he has healthcare or if when he shows up at the hospital to have his appendix removed he will have to go into debt to pay for the operation. A person does not know if he will have a pension or if he will be fired six months short of retirement and left with nothing.

The uncertain environment is one in which coal miners die because mining companies are more concerned with production than human lives and government fails to hold them to account.

The uncertain environment is one in which people lose their homes because financial institutions speculate on unsafe securities and government fails to hold them to account.

Quite the opposite from trying to dismantle the country, we are trying to restore it. To restore it to a time when business prospered, but also where workers shared in that prosperity. We are working to restore the large and prosperous middle class that is the only sure foundation for prosperity for everyone.

Mosty, what you and cap fail to realize is that we all want most of what you have mentioned. A lot of the problems arise because we differ in how we would like to approach the problems that exist.
When you were growing up there was no political correctness nor people from other countries coming here and demanding that we show them special privileges. The gvt. wasn't interfering in every aspect of your life. And yes, WORKERS should share in the prosperity but not a bunch of deadbeats running around with their hands out.

There wasn't a bunch of special interest groups lurking around every corner. We had migrant workers that came legally, made their money and went back home. They didn't want to take over the country and they didn't piss on our flag.

We had presidents that put the US first and foremost. Even Roosevelt stood tall, although he made a mistake by not listening to Churchill about Russia. I also considered Bush to be a terrible president and I was totally against the Iraq and Afgan wars. Bush however, didn't insult our allies or cater to our sworn enemies.

You mistake IMHO is that you fail to recognize who your enemies really are and I can assure you it's not us.

As far as the way this country was, I grew up during the Great Depression and saw what people went through and this is a picnic in comparison.

I had several uncles killed in World War 2 and I served in Korea. We now have a president who has no sense of who we are or were. He doesn't seem to appreciate what a sacrifice was made by our people to get where we were and would now have us kiss the ass of the world.

newtothegame
08-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Mosty, what you and cap fail to realize is that we all want most of what you have mentioned. A lot of the problems arise because we differ in how we would like to approach the problems that exist.
When you were growing up there was no political correctness nor people from other countries coming here and demanding that we show them special privileges. The gvt. wasn't interfering in every aspect of your life. And yes, WORKERS should share in the prosperity but not a bunch of deadbeats running around with their hands out.

There wasn't a bunch of special interest groups lurking around every corner. We had migrant workers that came legally, made their money and went back home. They didn't want to take over the country and they didn't piss on our flag.

We had presidents that put the US first and foremost. Even Roosevelt stood tall, although he made a mistake by not listening to Churchill about Russia. I also considered Bush to be a terrible president and I was totally against the Iraq and Afgan wars. Bush however, didn't insult our allies or cater to our sworn enemies.

You mistake IMHO is that you fail to recognize who your enemies really are and I can assure you it's not us.

As far as the way this country was, I grew up during the Great Depression and saw what people went through and this is a picnic in comparison.

I had several uncles killed in World War 2 and I served in Korea. We now have a president who has no sense of who we are or were. He doesn't seem to appreciate what a sacrifice was made by our people to get where we were and would now have us kiss the ass of the world.

There you go making sense Pell.....It will go un noticed by the left.

TJDave
08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Islam’s objective in America is to replace our Constitution with Sharia law."

Since Muslims number less than 1% of the U.S. population just exactly how would they accomplish this?

Are they gonna breed their way into it? :rolleyes:

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 06:34 PM
They're doing it in England. You better put your headlights on high beam so you can see a little further down the road.

TJDave
08-24-2010, 07:10 PM
They're doing it in England.

The Brits can modify their constitution by simple act of parliament. I'm asking how it could happen here.

Track Collector
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM

No more sure than you or any one of your neighbors wearing explosives and walking in to a crowd. (If you meant this as a joke, I did not find it funny.)

hcap
08-24-2010, 07:15 PM

Just curious.So because I think Boykin is a nut, I am some sort of anti-american traitor? Quite a leap.

You think Islamic extremists live under your bed. Meanwhile the vast majority of Muslims 1.57 billion people,or roughly one-fifth of the world population are not extreme terrorists. If they were there would be MANY MANY MANY more under your bed. Just like practitioners of anti-Semitism, you gentlemen and the Al Qada/Taliban types that are our real enemies, think alike in unthinking ways.

Boykin is a real kneejerker and lumps all of Islam into 1 monolithic block.The real danger is the young Islamic population easily swayed by extremist propaganda fueled by indiscriminate rage and hatred from both sides. These are the potential future 911 terrorists. Boykin et al feed into the terrorist picture of the west and justify in immature eyes the reality of "The Great Satan"

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 07:22 PM
So because I think Boykin is a nut, I am some sort of anti-american traitor? Quite a leap.

You think Islamic extremists live under your bed. Meanwhile the vast majority of Muslims 1.57 billion people,or roughly one-fifth of the world population are not extreme terrorists. If they were there would be MANY MANY MANY more under your bed. Just like practitioners of anti-Semitism, you gentlemen and the Al Qada/Taliban types that are our real enemies, think alike in unthinking ways.

Boykin is a real kneejerker and lumps all of Islam into 1 monolithic block.The real danger is the young Islamic population easily swayed by extremist propaganda fueled by indiscriminate rage and hatred from both sides. These are the potential future 911 terrorists. Boykin et al feed into the terrorist picture of the west and justify in immature eyes the reality of "The Great Satan"

So now I'm like the Taliban! If I were you would be the first asshole on my to-do list.:mad:

hcap
08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
So now I'm like the Taliban! If I were you would be the first asshole on my to-do list.:mad:
Hey asshole you attacked me for disagreeing with you. Almost called me a traitor with your list of so-called "questions" The Taliban have been known to do similar things. Assholes in general tend to shit on others. I was pointing out that Boykin is lunatic fringe and I become anti-american? Screw you. I doubt seriously you can physically carry out your physical threat. Asshole tough guys on an internet BB tend to brag quite a bit

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 08:12 PM
You had better go back and read your posts.

#11 I asked a simple question.

#15 You state that I and others like me are loonies.

#36 I can't find where I called you an anti-american traitor but you said I was like the Taliban.

I quit! My father told me don't ever get in a pissing contest with a skunk.

PS- I assure you that you don't ever want to get in my face in person so don't give me that internet shit.

mostpost
08-24-2010, 08:34 PM
RACIST!!!
OK. I confess. I don't get it. :confused:

hcap
08-24-2010, 08:48 PM
You had better go back and read your posts.

#11 I asked a simple question.

And implied I was a traitor and anti-american. Your simple question was a loaded question

#15 You state that I and others like me are loonies.

Boyken is a loonie. As most of you.Is what I said Quite a bit different than anti-american

#36 I can't find where I called you an anti-american traitor but you said I was like the Taliban.

"What is the great injustice that has been visited upon you that would cause you to want our country, as it has been all these years, to be dismantled"? Sounds like I am going to destroy the country.Sympathize with those wishing to overthrow the gov. Definition of traitor

I quit! My father told me don't ever get in a pissing contest with a skunk.

PS- I assure you that you don't ever want to get in my face in person so don't give me that internet shit.More bragging? Hey pal I guess when you lose a debate you throw an infantile fit

Pell Mell
08-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Don't call me pal because I'm not pally with un-american pieces of shit.

I will say you have a unique way of twisting things around to suit your purpose but if you would care to come visit me I would be happy to meet with you and un twist your dumb ass.

mostpost
08-24-2010, 09:16 PM
The problem is that your solutions don't solve the problems. In fact your solutions intensify the problems.

There was no political correctness, so Mexicans could be called wetbacks and Blacks could be called.... well you know what blacks could be called. And people with mental disabillities could be called retards. I prefer it the way it is now. As for people demanding we show they special privilges, you mean handicapped access?

Yeah back then the only special interest groups represented large corporations. Exactly the people who were able to stand up for themselves.
Now, finally, we have groups that stand up for those who have no power.
Poor people organize to improve their lives. Despite what you and your pals think, these people organize not for free beer or smokes, but for opportunities.

Whether migrant workers came legally or illegally back in the day is open to debate. They did make money, lots of money, for their employers. For themselves, not so much.
Did you know that Republicans were vehemently opposed to LendLease and only supported our entry into the war after Peal Harbor?
As for Bush he was extremely dismissive of any country which he felt was unwilling to support our attack on Iraq. I spent a brief time in France in the summer of 2003 and there was strong feeling that Bush was being disrespectful.
If you equate posturing and blustering with not catering to our enemies, then I guess you can say Bush did not cater. If you are looking for solutions, they did not happen

I served in Korea too, but I'm sure your time was infinitely more difficult than mine. Thank you. :ThmbUp:

mostpost
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
There you go making sense Pell.....It will go un noticed by the left.
Wrong twice. One; he didn't make sense. Two; I noticed it. :D