PDA

View Full Version : printing w/Brisnet's PP Generator

snoadog
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
I am having trouble printing 2-sided pages with Brisnet's free PP Generator using the 1 file data DRFs. maybe it's printer drivers or Vista. Do others have this problem too?

PhantomOnTour
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Did not want to start a new thread on printing with PP Generator but I have an entirely different question about this (it may be elementary but here goes):

Is it possible to print the pp's from a remote printer (not part of my home set up)? My dirty lil secret is that I usually print at work with data saved on my flash drive since they have a big efficient printer that outcranks my pathetic HP model easily. Under the FILE heading(on PP Gen) there is no SAVE AS option or any way I can see that will send my doc (if that's the right term) to a portable drive that can then be printed elsewhere.

I am new to the PP Gen world and am still learning to navigate, filter etc....
Am I missing something? My home set up cannot handle the volume of printing I do(ink is expensive man!!!) and I may have to just acquire a better printer.

Thanks in advance...any help would be, well, helpful :)
-Conrad

dukeofperl
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Try something like this ...

1) install the pp generator software directly on the flash drive
2) copy the drf file to the flash drive
3) place flash drive in appropriate usb
4) open the drf (on the flash drive) with the pp generator (on the flash drive) using the computer's display
5) print

JustRalph
09-07-2010, 01:42 PM
print them to a pdf printer driver

bullzip pdf is one option I use

then just copy the Pdf files to the flash drive and print them at work

you can also open a pdf on damn near any computer in the world.....including an IPAD or other apple products

banacek
09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I am having trouble printing 2-sided pages with Brisnet's free PP Generator using the 1 file data DRFs. maybe it's printer drivers or Vista. Do others have this problem too?

Yes, I've had trouble 2-siding too with PP Generator...no matter which printer I've tried.

PhantomOnTour
09-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the helpful responses ya'll :ThmbUp: Think I will try the flash drive option first as that seems the simplest by far.