PDA

View Full Version : Fort Erie Monday

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Rainy and gooey so many races go to the first horse out front and they stay there. In the first that honor will go to the :3: :5: with :6: close by and the over bet :1: trying to get there-should be a part of the exotic but probably not better than third.

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 01:34 PM
well not that gooey for what may be a good price.$399.40..Randomness alive and well

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
2nd :4: :5: go to the front with :3: ? and :4: coming later

that three is a big in and outer so the late move, weak as it is will come from :2:

Obviously that 4 can do either

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 02:00 PM
2nd :4: :5: go to the front with :3: ? and :4: coming later

that three is a big in and outer so the late move, weak as it is will come from :2:

Obviously that 4 can do either
the 4 just proved that 4/6/3/2 at the wire

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
3rd :4: :5: :1: :3:

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 02:26 PM
3rd :4: :5: :1: :3:
5/2/4/6

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 03:12 PM
5th amongst :9: :10: :2:

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
9/3/8/7

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 03:36 PM
9/3/8/7

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry to see a Queen's Plate third running for a tag here but if that one is anywhere close to right the :2: Allezandro towers over this field and the :6: is a mighty longshot along with the :9:

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry to see a Queen's Plate third running for a tag here but if that one is anywhere close to right the :2: Allezandro towers over this field and the :6: is a mighty longshot along with the :9:
Happy days are here again!!!

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 04:49 PM
wow one of the longest ones ever!

anglemaster
08-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Congrats on the big hit.
I was watching today (fort erie) what is with that announcer and all of that yelling and screaming. ??

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Congrats on the big hit.
I was watching today (fort erie) what is with that announcer and all of that yelling and screaming. ??
new kid on the block

anglemaster
08-23-2010, 05:35 PM
veryANNOYING all of THAT SHOUTING. :) :)

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
veryANNOYING all of THAT SHOUTING. :) :)
Fort Erie got a three year extension in order to "turn itself around" and a bunch of BOTTOM LINE MBA types took on the challenge....Of course they fellows have little to no experience with horses racing. See the connection????

anglemaster
08-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I have to disagree with you in regards to the management. They have got Rick Cowan (former head man with woodbine) and John Whitson as racing secretary (also former big shot with woodbine). They are trying very hard there, but..... the economy is terrible.

46zilzal
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I have to disagree with you in regards to the management. They have got Rick Cowan (former head man with woodbine) and John Whitson as racing secretary (also former big shot with woodbine). They are trying very hard there, but..... the economy is terrible.

I was not aware of the specifics ONLY aware of the folks behind them.. That is good to hear.

appistappis
08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm there every monday and tuesday.....its dying a slow death.

MONEY
08-24-2010, 12:41 AM
I was at Sam Houston early today and wanted to make some bets on races at Fort Erie.
At 20 minutes to the 1st race the people at Fort Erie had still not sent the betting program out. I had things to do, so I had to leave the track without betting any Fort Erie races.
I did not have any trouble betting on the other tracks.

money

anglemaster
08-24-2010, 08:33 AM
I have noticed that previously. They are very slow to get out the info. They use to be bad in starting the A/V. I have also e-mailed them a few times with questions, and never got a response. Agreed it (fort erie ) is dying a very slow death. Hard to believe that it can last two more years.

lamboguy
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm there every monday and tuesday.....its dying a slow death.
ft erie is one my favorite tracks. it is a beautifl area with gorgeous women running around. unfortunately its no different than any other race track in north america, the game lacks growth in interest. the problems are industry wide. just because a few places are putting up big numbers doesn't that there is nothing wrong and its going to be alright to turn their heads on the strggleing places. it will eventually hit them too. for years and years racetracks have fought each other and never had common ground that they have stood on. this is the result of this. there are not enough people supporting the game now to act like babies.

anglemaster
08-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Lambo, I agree with the "death" of the game. IMHO Fort Erie's demise is quickened because of the very poor economy , one only has to look at Buffalo to verify this. Lambo where are these women you speak of. :) :)

MONEY
08-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Racing does not advertise.
How many people know that in Fort Erie's 8th race yesterday they could have won over $11,000 for a 20 cent bet. There were also many big payoffs all over the country.
Most people only think about horse racing when the Kentucky Derby comes around. After the Derby, racing does not enter their minds until the next Derby.
Unless the horse racing people begin to advertise and mainstream horse racing, most of the race tracks will die.

money

anglemaster
08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
MONEY , it is too bad that you are not able to see the Woodbine Entertainment group "promote" the sport.
Firstly on their betting platform they always display recent big prices all over North America. It goes something like " did you know that the pick four at what ever track paid 16k for a dollar bet.

They also have a TV show on one of our cable sport networks on Mondays and Wednesdays. They call it bet night and are promoting racing to newbies. I think they have contest and such and even put 24 dollars into an account if you join up. They are really trying hard..

46zilzal
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM
MONEY , it is too bad that you are not able to see the Woodbine Entertainment group "promote" the sport.
Firstly on their betting platform they always display recent big prices all over North America. It goes something like " did you know that the pick four at what ever track paid 16k for a dollar bet.

They also have a TV show on one of our cable sport networks on Mondays and Wednesdays. They call it bet night and are promoting racing to newbies. I think they have contest and such and even put 24 dollars into an account if you join up. They are really trying hard..
I tell everyone that parimutuelly a Tuesday afternoon maiden claimer at the Fort is not different than a wager on the K Derby and that smaller venues pay better and SOME have listened to me over the years.

WITHOUT A DOUBT I was talking to Jim Bannon last Wednesday right after his live ON TRACK show and it is great for new fans to follow. Woodbine sells the right product; THE GAME not some malarkey to get the fans out there.

anglemaster
08-24-2010, 11:51 AM
At least Woodbine is trying on the horse racing end, not like some racino's which appear to could care less about the racing product. I have heard that Woodbine has increased their Wednesday night handle from around 1.2-1.3 million at the start of the season to almost 2 million. I do know that they offer a guaranteed pic 4 (I think 75k) and I am sure that helps, but I think the newbie experiment is working out. I watched it a bit last night from Mohawk and apparently they went out of their studios to "nab" somebody on the street and bet $20 accross on a horse of his choice. They(commentators ) also explain in great detail all of the betting options and how to read a program. Really good stuff.

appistappis
08-24-2010, 09:49 PM
the reason they will last three more years is that a consortium leased the track from the owners for $1 and thru gov't help thye came up with enough money for three years...but they do nothing to help the every day bettor, my $654 tri today at delaware got me $620 at the fort.