PDA

View Full Version : Only 11's farewell conference..

only11
08-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Thank you for attending(all 3 of you)..
Well Dahoss has beaten me fair and square under his rules...Halfway thru this contest there was no way i was winning this contest simply because of the type of capper im..I cap races ,then 15 minutes before post i take a second and third glance.yesterday was the perfect example my best bet Budget was posted early with 15 minutes to post time i began to lean towards City Sneakers..still made my bet on Budget,but i had $40 win ticket on CS and the exacta,though my original bet lost i made over $500 in the race..HOLD ON I WILL GET TO YOUR QUESTION.
Example #2-every race day i glanced thru races looking for a GET ME OUT RACE.Yesterday my get me out race was arlington..$60 win on Memorial Maniac @ 8/1....
The 2 examples above is why i could never win a contest posting picks 2 hrs before post time...
Questions..THEN WHY AGREED TO THE RULES?
As a former athlete we think we could beat anyone at anything under any rules,my ego wasthe problem.
WHY AGREED TO LEAVING THE FORUM AFTER LOSING SINCE IT WASNT PART OF THE BET?
Look i could never convince anyone here about anything... everything i posted is bullshit according to the only 11 bash unit,,after awhile its tiring it isnt fun.I have spoken to a few members over the phone and i have to prove nothing to no one..
DID YOU EVER PLAY BASEBALL?
Yes for 8 years and 3 teams....im a very lucky man...
NOW THAT DAHOSS HAS BEATEN YOU WHATS YOUR OPINION ON DAHOSS?
I think DAhoss has been doing this a long time...i think hes good..dont think hes better then me.i have proven it on my selections threads
any other questions?
I would like to thank all the ONLY 11 fans(all 3) it was entertaining and fun,i have met a few friends ,there are good people on this forum,intelligent,hard working,family driven,and great handicappers,BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS BETTER TO BE A GOOD PERSON THEN A GOOD HANDICAPPER.ENJOY YOUR DAY AT THE RACES!

illinoisbred
08-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Only11- I'm no basher of you- but do you have time for one more question? The book has been an enjoyable read and I can't wait for the movie. Any word yet on who will be playing your part? Or better yet,who do you see playing DaHoss?

only11
08-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Only11- I'm no basher of you- but do you have time for one more question? The book has been an enjoyable read and I can't wait for the movie. Any word yet on who will be playing your part? Or better yet,who do you see playing DaHoss?
good question i would be played by desilu arnaz,and dahoss would be played by kevin spacey..

illinoisbred
08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Excellent choice for yourself if you're lucky enough to get him. Spacey,however seems too remote a character for DaHoss. I'm thinking of some combination of Charlton Heston and Robert DeNiro. He's gotta have some New Yorkish feel about him.

FenceBored
08-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, I have a question:
Where is only11 now?
Why did he leave us here all alone?

He challenged DaHoss in a horse picking contest.
He didn't win it, so pffft, he was gone.

vPfh-98RWwQ

Dahoss9698
08-22-2010, 11:42 AM
BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS BETTER TO BE A GOOD PERSON THEN A GOOD HANDICAPPER.ENJOY YOUR DAY AT THE RACES!

This is my favorite part of your embarrassing whines the last two days.

I hope you have time for one more question. In your opinion were the rules set up so that we each had the same chance of doing well? Because you keep insinuating that I was under some sort of advantage.

As long as you picked winners, you had a chance to win. You didn't and I did. What was so difficult? You handicap, put up your picks and then we watch them throughout the day. Again, the rules didn't handicap you. Your horrendous handicapping did.

speed
08-22-2010, 11:55 AM

I hope you have time for one more question. In your opinion were the rules set up so that we each had the same chance of doing well? Because you keep insinuating that I was under some sort of advantage.

As long as you picked winners, you had a chance to win. You didn't and I did. What was so difficult? You handicap, put up your picks and then we watch them throughout the day. Again, the rules didn't handicap you. Your horrendous handicapping did.

But his 93 MPH moving fastball will always be better than yours. :)

only11
08-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Good question ..as a capper you change your mind all the time meaning what you once liked may change thru the course of the day...

only11
08-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes, I have a question:
Where is only11 now?
Why did he leave us here all alone?

He challenged DaHoss in a horse picking contest.
He didn't win it, so pffft, he was gone.

vPfh-98RWwQ

fenced which one is you?

Dahoss9698
08-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Good question ..as a capper you change your mind all the time meaning what you once liked may change thru the course of the day...

You didn't answer. Do you think the rules gave me an advantage? Or were the rules the same for us both so we each had the same opportunity to do well, as long as we picked winners.

only11
08-22-2010, 12:25 PM
You didn't answer. Do you think the rules gave me an advantage? Or were the rules the same for us both so we each had the same opportunity to do well, as long as we picked winners.
the rules didnt give you advantage it gave me a disadvantage...this is over dahoss let it go...

Dahoss9698
08-22-2010, 12:27 PM
the rules didnt give you advantage it gave me a disadvantage...this is over dahoss let it go...

The only disadvantage you had was a horrible opinion and a superior opponent.

I guess for your sake it's a good thing I never posted on DRF. I would have embarrassed you in those contests as well.

speed
08-22-2010, 12:30 PM

ROLMMFAO

Let me thank you for making my day with this comment.

Greyfox
08-22-2010, 12:31 PM
QbN0g8-zbdY

FenceBored
08-22-2010, 12:43 PM
fenced which one is you?

None of them.

I had thought of using this one of you and DaHoss at your "bury the hatchet breakfast" this morning, but decided against it. No need to ask "who's the Daddy," that question has been more than answered.

PdVCYNYvZEg

only11
08-22-2010, 12:46 PM
QbN0g8-zbdY
Hey greyfox im sure i wont lose any sleep :lol: :lol: :lol:

speed
08-22-2010, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=only11] best bet Budget was posted early with 15 minutes to post time i began to lean towards City Sneakers..still made my bet on Budget,but i had $40 win ticket on CS and the exacta,though my original bet lost i made over $500 in the race..

Not that it matters but just so you know you made no wqhere near $500 on the race. Win bet and exacta returned around $550 i believe.

You wagered around $340 and got back around $550 roughly a $210 profit.
Great job but not really over $500 profit like you claimed. Of course if my rough numbers are correct.

Good Luck

speed
08-22-2010, 12:51 PM
None of them.

I had thought of using this one of you and DaHoss at your "bury the hatchet breakfast" this morning, but decided against it. No need to ask "who's the Daddy," that question has been more than answered.

PdVCYNYvZEg

Priceless

only11
08-22-2010, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=only11] best bet Budget was posted early with 15 minutes to post time i began to lean towards City Sneakers..still made my bet on Budget,but i had $40 win ticket on CS and the exacta,though my original bet lost i made over $500 in the race..

Not that it matters but just so you know you made no wqhere near $500 on the race. Win bet and exacta returned around $550 i believe.

Great job but not really over $500 profit like you claimed. Of course if my rough numbers are correct.

Good Luck
i knew that,but i dont count what i wagered,because thats money lost already..!like my $60 win on MM i add my investment to the profit...ITS BILLY BEANE BALL.

speed
08-22-2010, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=speed]
i knew that,but i dont count what i wagered,because thats money lost already..!like my $60 win on MM i add my investment to the profit...ITS BILLY BEANE BALL.

OH
LMAO
You must have gained your brillance while staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

only11
08-22-2010, 12:59 PM

Good Luck
Spped dont you get im having so much fun with this i m falling off my chair :lol: :lol: :lol: PA is your life not mine,now thats sad :(

speed
08-22-2010, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=speed]
Spped dont you get im having so much fun with this i m falling off my chair :lol: :lol: :lol: PA is your life not mine,now thats sad :(

Its obviousl. Except i rarely posted here till your experiment here.
By the way you wanna pick ur battles better.

Good Luck

Beachbabe
08-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Sheesh, I was kinda "late to the party". We were just getting to know each other Only (ya dont mind if I shorten your name to "only" do you; it saves time).

Going to miss your posts.
I mean, yesterday was a fun day. It was for me; I hope it was the same for you.
Best of luck, Only. Keep pumping that money into those pools.
If anything, you put "handicap" back into "handicapping".

only11
08-22-2010, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Beachbabe]Sheesh, I was kinda "late to the party". We were just getting to know each other Only (ya dont mind if I shorten your name to "only" do you; it saves time).

Going to miss your posts.
I mean, yesterday was a fun day. It was for me; I hope it was the same for you.
Best of luck, Only. Keep pumping that money into those pools.
If anything, you put "handicap" back into "handicapping".[/QUOTE
Finished cleaning the barn BABE?

only11
08-22-2010, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=only11]

Its obviousl. Except i rarely posted here till your experiment here.
By the way you wanna pick ur battles better.

Good Luck
whos the battle with?

speed
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=speed]
whos the battle with?

Unsoliciated advice for the future.

only11
08-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Speed my friend your trippin,

Cardus
08-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I wish that I were at your "press conference." I would have had a follow-up to your opinion that Hoss has been doing this for a long time.

Looking at his sign-on, it is possible that he has been "doing this" for about 15 years (and that might cover the period of his interest prior to handicapping, which would be a shorter duration).

I am not saying that you got your clock cleaned by a novice -- not that it matters much, because he is a good handicapper regardless of how long he has been handicapping -- but it is possible that you lost to someone whose involvement in the sport might be a lot less years than your response at your "press conference" indicates.

only11
08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
interesting...hmmmm!