PDA

View Full Version : IWR :-(

Zippy Chippy
08-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Really sentimentally wanted him to run good. Had a great trip just didn't fire. Looked unbelievably sluggish down the stretch do they plan to run him a lot more? Obviously not the same horse.

tbwinner
08-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I liked this horse coming back from its layoff too, but something isn't there. Not the same as it was an early 3YO.

Shelby
08-22-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm hoping that he'll settle down.....Joe Bravo said that he got a little excited in the gate because the horse next to him acted up. That coupled with the S L O W pace of that race made it difficult, in my opinion.

joanied
08-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I was sure disappointed in IWR...maybe Talamo could have done better with him...and I hope they get Talamo back on. I couldn't beleive how slow they ran, what's up with that...I think Shelby is right...he did act up a bit in the gate, broke slow, he was rank to catch up...but the worst is that, IMO, he just didn't fire at all in deep stretch. I'm sure Dutrow had him fit and ready...
I hope he comes out of this Ok, and we see the 'real' IWR in his next start. I am looking foward to seeing him in the gate in the Classic, but if he throws in another one like the Iselin, may as well forget about it.
Bummer.