PDA

View Full Version : Islen

Tom
08-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I Want Revenge......done or what?

Emptier than my wallet at Saratoga at the top of the stretch.

andymays
08-21-2010, 06:04 PM
IWR = Done.

sonnyp
08-21-2010, 06:59 PM
once they get hurt like he did......they're never the same.

neither are we.

GaryG
08-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I thought that race was ripe for a longshot but I went with Sir Whimsey.

bisket
08-21-2010, 08:22 PM
it takes a couple years for a horse to come back from this injury. if they have the fortitude to keep going it may payoff next year? honestly, they should really only run him short.

The_Knight_Sky
08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
once they get hurt like he did......they're never the same.

neither are we.

Does this mean you're looking forward to playing against hype horses
like The Pamplemousse and Rail Trip when they return ?

If you are I would not hold it against you.
For every Blind Luck, there are two who will not reproduced their Cali-form.

Mineshaft
08-21-2010, 11:43 PM
stick a fork in him...

JustRalph
08-22-2010, 03:48 AM

and mine...............that was a rough few days

Tom
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
At least the eggs were good.

classhandicapper
08-22-2010, 11:14 AM

Whenever the calendar turns, you never know if you are going to get back the same horse. But when injuries are involved the probabilities clearly worsen. I gave Dutrow a little extra chance to turn him (if you know what I mean), but he looks done to me.

JustRalph
08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
At least the eggs were good.

Thank Goodness for the simple pleasures! And having breakfast with you was a pleasure my friend :ThmbUp:

joanied
08-22-2010, 03:01 PM
I would like to rerad whatever Dutrow has to say about IWR's poor showing...haven't seen anything yet, so if anyone else has seen any quotes from Dutrow, please post a link...I was in hopes the colt would come back strong...and no doubt, Dutrow had him fit & ready...might not be any excuses, but he did get upset in the gate when the horse next to him acted up, his break was poor, then he geared up and got a little rank...and the pace was so slow....but, it just looked like he didn't even try at the top of the stretch...still, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (and hope his coming back from that injury isn't taking it's toll) and give him another shot...and I'd sure like to see Talamo get back on him...anyone know whan Talamo gets back to riding?

Bullet Plane
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
This race was a very slow run affair. The Beyer Par for this race according to the American Racing Manual should be about a 110 - this was a 99. The pace was also very slow- haven't seen a number for it yet.

plainolebill
08-22-2010, 11:08 PM
They should probably adjust the Beyer pars downward, there's not many horses in the US capable of running 110 over a distance of ground.

lamboguy
08-22-2010, 11:14 PM
I would like to rerad whatever Dutrow has to say about IWR's poor showing...haven't seen anything yet, so if anyone else has seen any quotes from Dutrow, please post a link...I was in hopes the colt would come back strong...and no doubt, Dutrow had him fit & ready...might not be any excuses, but he did get upset in the gate when the horse next to him acted up, his break was poor, then he geared up and got a little rank...and the pace was so slow....but, it just looked like he didn't even try at the top of the stretch...still, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (and hope his coming back from that injury isn't taking it's toll) and give him another shot...and I'd sure like to see Talamo get back on him...anyone know whan Talamo gets back to riding?oh yeah, TALAMO will get that horse to go! i got plenty of bad ones too, i should look into TALAMO.