PDA

View Full Version : according to perloff

lamboguy
08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
jose espinozoa is an underated turf rider. i wonder how he rates his turf riding abilities, he is winning at an 8% clip on turf. how much more can they underate that poor guy?

i only say this because it comes out of perloffs mouth, i doubt wheather he gives his words any thoughts. and i also wonder what he thinks he is doing to someone listening to him about jose espinoza. they will be chasing that rider every single time he rides on turf in someones mind the rest of their lives.

if i was perloff i would just read the paper they give him from the back room with all those great picks and keep my mouth shut otherwise

exiles
08-21-2010, 07:16 PM
jose espinozoa is an underated turf rider. i wonder how he rates his turf riding abilities, he is winning at an 8% clip on turf. how much more can they underate that poor guy?

i only say this because it comes out of perloffs mouth, i doubt wheather he gives his words any thoughts. and i also wonder what he thinks he is doing to someone listening to him about jose espinoza. they will be chasing that rider every single time he rides on turf in someones mind the rest of their lives.

if i was perloff i would just read the paper they give him from the back room with all those great picks and keep my mouth shut otherwise

IMO he ESPINOZA shouldn't be allowed near a horse, never mind riding one watch him on #2 today in the 3d at the SPA.

lamboguy
08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
IMO he ESPINOZA shouldn't be allowed near a horse, never mind riding one watch him on #2 today in the 3d at the SPA.
i am glad someone understands. i swear to god, either perloff is a complete idiot, or he want to bust you out and get you to bet on that bum on the turf.

as you probably know, turf riding takes more skill than riding on the dirt. i had a friend that originally had marag on the horse and he got hurt, he went to bridgemohan and he wasn't allowed to ride the race. so he had choice between cohen and chavez, and my stupid friend used chavez. watch the 9th race in saratoga on thursday the number 4 horse and i promise you will know what a bad ride on turf is all about.

i don't need perloff evaluation of riders being underated either.

Rise Over Run
08-21-2010, 09:50 PM
If your friend goes with Cohen, he is only using a 7% jock on the turf. Since you are stuck on numbers, who is the dummy?

Jose Espinoza is what he is, but he is definitely a better jock on the turf than dirt. As for the Dirt Tack Demon race today, that horse obviously has issues with running a winning race and it really wouldn't matter who's on his back, he's not breaking his maiden anywhere but the big A.

atlasaxis
08-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Lambo you still haven't hit that mute button yet?? ;)

lamboguy
08-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Lambo you still haven't hit that mute button yet?? ;)he got me away from watching TVG, a friend of mine called me to tell me about his brilliance. actually there was another guy on agreeing with him. i really don't think they mean any harm, its just the way they come across they do sound pretty convincing!

Gapfire
08-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I
Jose Espinoza is what he is, but he is definitely a better jock on the turf than dirt.

I've got three years of stats that show Jose Espinoza winning 7% of his dirt races, and 5% of his turf starts. His average win odds are higher on the dirt as well.

I would say he is slightly better on dirt.

lamboguy
08-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I've got three years of stats that show Jose Espinoza winning 7% of his dirt races, and 5% of his turf starts. His average win odds are higher on the dirt as well.

I would say he is slightly better on dirt.maybe perloff happened to have mixed up his dirt with his turf stats. its easy to do i guess. to tell you the truth, if i had a horse to run in new york and couldn't get any other rider, it would send me a message that my horse simply does not belong in the race.

by the way, the alabama was one great great race even though i bet the horse that ran second:confused:

eastie
08-21-2010, 11:27 PM
you would think Durkin would know how to pronounce her name....i needed her too.