PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Million Multi-Race Wagers

positive4th
08-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi guys, Arlington is offering a ONE DOLLAR PICK SIX for races 5-10, here's my shot at it, beginning in R5:

:2: :3: :13:
:1: :3: :4: :6: :9: :10: :12:
:2: :8:
:1:
:2: :9: :10:
:6:

Total Invested: $126

positive4th
08-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi guys, Arlington is offering a ONE DOLLAR PICK SIX for races 5-10, here's my shot at it, beginning in R5:

:2: :3: :13:

Total Invested: $126

I'll play the same entry as a $1 P5 beginning in R6, with 2 back-up tickets as follows:

Back-up #1 (210):

:3: :2: :4: :5: :7:

Backup #2 (210)
:2: :4: :5: :7: :8:

positive4th
08-21-2010, 03:16 PM
R5 - - Survive and advance is the name of the game this early, and the :2: was no miracle, but all tickets survive!

only11
08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
R5 - - Survive and advance is the name of the game this early, and the :2: was no miracle, but all tickets survive!
keep it going...

positive4th
08-21-2010, 03:32 PM
For the Pick 4, I'm going to spread out around Paddy O'Prado and Gio Ponti - - - trust me I love both enough to have prime win bets on them, but I want the P4 tickets to have a shot at really going big balloons, and beating those monsters is the only way I see that happening. If they both win, my longer exotics are in good shape, so it won't be a bad consolation. Anyways, here's the P4 (note the base units):

Main Ticket ($3 Base):

$18

Back-up #1 ($2 Base)

:1: :3: :4: :6: :7: :8:

$24

Back-up #2 ($1)

:2: :3: :4: :5: :7:

$30

Back up #3 ($1)

:2: :3: :4: :7: :8: :10:

$36

Total Invested: $108

positive4th
08-21-2010, 03:47 PM
R6 - - who????? I had like half that field covered and failed to grab the :7:

Oh well, on to the P4

Stevie Belmont
08-21-2010, 03:54 PM
The $300,000 Guaranteed Arlington Million Pick 3

Past Performances Below

The Secretariat - The Secretariat starts this Pick 3 sequence. It looks like Paddy O’Prado could be the lone single on this ticket for many today. I will be using two horses in this race. Paddy O’Prado is on the top of his game right now after sweeping the Colonial Turf Cup (GII) & Virginia Derby (GII) with with impressive moves off the pace. The other horse I will use is the Irish Bred Wigmore Hall. Wigmore Hall has been solid in all of his races this year in England, and is coming off a sharp win in the Newmarket Nights Champion Stakes at Newmarket on August 6, 2010. He loves the distance and will get Lasix for the first time. Wigmore Hall will get a class test today. The one horse I am not using, and could be a mistake is Working For Hops. He is in solid form as well, and should be the 2nd choice when the gate open. Hopefully Wigmore Hall will be able to handle the yielding turf conditions today.

The Beverly D – Rainbow View has been scratched. She would have been one of the major players in here if she had ran. I will use three horses in the Beverly D. Pachattack is shipping in from England to make her USA debut. She has been running very well in ungraded stakes races in England. See tried two Grade III events, but was a non factor. Biased is the other European import in the Beverly D. She has been against slightly better running in France than Pachattack. She ran 5 x3 in the Grad (II) Prix Corrida at Saint-Cloud in France. Biased also beat the boys in France. She offers plenty of value and is in solid form. She has also shown the ability to be an effective runner on soft turf courses. Treat Gently looks to be the one with the best chance to win today. The Juddmonte Farms homebred has really has put it all together in her last two starts. I expect her to stalk and pounce turning for home. The yielding turf course is a concern however. This might be the toughest leg of this Pick 3. Leaving off Ave could be a costly mistake. She won the EBF Ladies Evening Handicap last May in run-a-way on a turf course rated soft. I will find a way to cover if she is the right price.

The Arlington Million – Marsh Side is scratched. Gio Ponti is the morning line favorite and defending Arlington Million Champion looks fit and ready for another big try today. Gio Ponti makes his 3rd start off the layoff and is hands down the class if this field. Nonetheless I am going to use 5 horses in this year’s Arlington Million. Gio Ponti has won over a yielding course and ran 2nd on a course rated good in the Turf Classic (GI) last year to Interpatation at Belmont Park. The turf conditions in the Turf Classic (GI) that day were absolutely horrendous. And that played a major role in him not winning that day. The other American based horse I will use is Jonathan Sheppard’s Just As Well. Just As Well will me making his 5th start of the year. He was 2nd in last year’s Million to Gio Ponti. I expect him to give a solid performance this afternoon. He has been very close to winning a GI in recent years. Just As Well ran 3×6 in the Maker’s Mark Mile (GI) over yielding turf course at Keeneland April 2009. Today he will give it another shot. The other three horses I will use are all Euros. Debussy ships in from England. Debussy is Grade II winner who will come into this race making his 4th start of the year and gets Lasix. Tazeez will also come into this race in solid form and ready for a good effort. He ran right behind top rated European horse Twice Over in the Prince of Wales Stakes (GI). And the last Euro in The Arlington Million is Summit Surge. Summit Surge won the York Stakes (GII) last out on July 24, 2010. He will also be using Lasix for the first time today. Summit Surge races over a yielding course. He finished 5th in the Gladness Stakes in April of 2009. Gio Ponti no doubt will be tough today, although his let couple of races have been life or death. His last race was still an impressive win. he had to overcome dawdling fractions in the Man o’ War to beat Mission Approved. The four others mentioned will certainly help any Pick 3 ticket in the value department. The biggest question will be how much of a role the turf conditions will factor in today.

ThoroughbredZone’s Arlington Million Pick 3 play

1,4/1,7,9/2,4,6,9,10 For $1 Cost $30

Good Luck!

Turf Course Is Rated As Yielding This Afternoon

positive4th
08-21-2010, 04:02 PM
For the Pick 4, I'm going to spread out around Paddy O'Prado and Gio Ponti - - - trust me I love both enough to have prime win bets on them, but I want the P4 tickets to have a shot at really going big balloons, and beating those monsters is the only way I see that happening. If they both win, my longer exotics are in good shape, so it won't be a bad consolation. Anyways, here's the P4 (note the base units):

Main Ticket ($3 Base):

$18

Back-up #1 ($2 Base)

:1: :3: :4: :6: :7: :8:

$24