PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Daily Doubles

bigeastbeast
08-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Why is it that no harness track-at least I don't think that there are any-has rolling daily doubles?Is track management insulting the intelligence of harness players by not offering it,figuring that we'll continue to bet the higher takeout exotics?

For my part,they could raise the takeout to higher than trifectas,exactas,etc.,and it would not affect me in the slightest.

Then why I am asking for them?

We'll,I'd like to employ Robert Rowe's old DD system for the second half of each double and follow those horses who lose.

Rowe's system basically was dividing the morning line into the double payoff and betting the lowest ratio.Al Illich covered it in detail in his books,known as The Secret Play.

InsideThePylons-MW
08-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Why is it that no harness track-at least I don't think that there are any-has rolling daily doubles?

Because the average pool at most tracks would be $280?

Zman179
08-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Historically speaking, rolling pick 3's handle more per race than rolling doubles. Considering that many pick 3 pools are small in harness (the average pick 3 pool at Monticello is around $1300), it would tell you that rolling doubles in the trotters would not generate pools in the four figures (except at the Meadowlands, and only on a Friday or Saturday night).

Harrington had a rolling double for a few years on their program. Other than the early and late doubles, the average DD pool would only be around $300.

So the reason is essentially what ITP said.

bigeastbeast
08-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks.That's what I thought.The average harness track isn't exactly Santa Anita.