PDA

View Full Version : So....How did "Little Andy" do with his $2,000 Pick 6 bankroll today?

Vinman
08-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Anyone care to give a blow by blow?

Cholly
08-19-2010, 09:56 PM
That's f*cking cold, vinman.

exiles
08-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Anybody how did he do?

Grits
08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Yes, some of us know how he did.

Aside from the answer to your question, though, is the observation, yet again, that this man has to put up with more @#$% than anyone in cyberland.:faint:

Vinman
08-19-2010, 10:22 PM
That's f*cking cold, vinman.

I meant "race by race".....no disrespect intended : )

BTW, I overheard a "freezing cold" comment by some old blockhead at my local simo outlet yesterday, the name of which I don't want associated with his comment. This guy yells out "down goes Frazier" when Pico Dinero and Rajiv fell during yesterday's 7th at the SPA. According to the chart, the horse got up after a few seconds and appeared to be relatively uninjured. Rajiv is okay. The blockhead is still a blockhead.

V.

westny
08-19-2010, 10:24 PM

Aside from the answer to your question, though, is the observation, yet again, that this man has to put up with more @#$% than anyone in cyberland.:faint:

:eek: ENVY!!!

jonnielu
08-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Anyone care to give a blow by blow?

Gee, now I'm wondering.

jdl

speed
08-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Gee, now I'm wondering.

jdl

When i saw this thread i bet a friend who also posts here that Jonnielu would chime in within the first 8 posts.

It was close, but how sweet it is.

Robert Fischer
08-20-2010, 12:09 AM
i'm getting double pleasure out of the irony of some reply to poignant TLG sarcasm (probably in pm to a well-respected capper) i made during a bouquet-(warm weather?)-meet along the lines of "... we're doing this good stuff and TLG is stuck handycapping TheVinman(horse):rolleyes:"

lol

my respect for TLG grows but i'm not sure of who vinman is but it humors me, so i like him too.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

bigmack
08-20-2010, 12:23 AM
How freakish is it the first Lego finishes; that's right, finishes 6-5-7-2 with such confidence to the contrary?

Forget freakish, it's one in a mill'n.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_19_10_21_18_22.jpg
Twitz

DeanT
08-20-2010, 12:27 AM
OK, I am guessing from the responses that he lost.

Since I have lost about 151,000 pick 6's I call it "normal"

But what happened? 3 of 6, 5 of 6? Bad beats? I did not follow it today.

PhantomOnTour
08-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Okay....anyone gonna tell us how he did? It may help this thread move along.

boogazie
08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Since no one was answering and I went and did some research.

Looks like it went like this:

Hit/Miss/Miss/Hit/Miss/Hit

The odds of the horses that he missed were roughly 3/1, 2/1 and 20/1.

only11
08-20-2010, 06:49 AM

Grits he puts up with alot of *&%$#,but he sures loves to dish it out.

The_Knight_Sky
08-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Grits he puts up with alot of *&%$#,but he sures loves to dish it out.

That's his "online persona".

I'm sure he's a swell guy in real life. ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/3148855331_ac44d58040.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_knight_sky/3148855331/)
The Blewitt and Serling show (http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_knight_sky/3148855331/) by The_Knight_Sky racing blog (http://www.flickr.com/people/the_knight_sky/), on Flickr

OTM Al
08-20-2010, 08:49 AM
That was a brutal card. There were only eight live tickets to the final race even with the free square and it was a carryover day. The group failed with two show parlays during the sequence, so we couldn't even get a top three finisher twice collectively. And I guarantee he had more than three of six on his tickets, just the last live one was that. Iknow for a fact the contestants had fun, did get some prizes, and have something to talk about for some time to come. So those of you casting stones are showing what kind of fools you really are.

bigmack
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I didn't see much casting of stones but....

Look, even someone as dialed-in as AS can throw in clunkers. Anyone worth their salt in this game knows how brutal it can be. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and even get a chuckle out of absurd things.

AS took a few stances today with confounding results. Ya have to see humor in the preposterous.

Paraiba: Finished 7th of 11

Queen Hazel: Finished 8th of 9

Jet Fever: Finished 9th of 11

tzipi
08-20-2010, 05:25 PM
That's his "online persona".

I'm sure he's a swell guy in real life. ;)

He's a great guy. I have met him a couple times at Aqueduct and Belmont and he always takes his time out to talk a bit when I say hello or ask a question.

the little guy
08-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I didn't see much casting of stones but....

Look, even someone as dialed-in as AS can throw in clunkers. Anyone worth their salt in this game knows how brutal it can be. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and even get a chuckle out of absurd things.

AS took a few stances today with confounding results. Ya have to see humor in the preposterous.

Paraiba: Finished 7th of 11

Queen Hazel: Finished 8th of 9

Jet Fever: Finished 9th of 11

Jet Fever was not my top choice nor a horse that I came anywhere close to " taking a stand " with.

You left out the 7:1 shot that I actually " took a stand " with in the finale that ran second to the favorite that I said was much the horse to beat.

I had three top choices win today, two second choices, and one third choice. It hasn't been a particularly good week but the ROI for my top choice is still somehow right around 2.00. I realize I'm no Only11 but a guy can dream.

only11
08-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Jet Fever was not my top choice nor a horse that I came anywhere close to " taking a stand " with.

You left out the 7:1 shot that I actually " took a stand " with in the finale that ran second to the favorite that I said was much the horse to beat.

I had three top choices win today, two second choices, and one third choice. It hasn't been a particularly good week but the ROI for my top choice is still somehow right around 2.00. I realize I'm no Only11 but a guy can dream.
Sounds like me...couldve wouldve shouldve,,and by the way TLG when i grow up i want to be like you...TLG i have learned alot from you and others...very few could be like me..

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Grits he puts up with alot of *&%$#,but he sures loves to dish it out.How does he love to dish it out? He hardly posts around here...

only11
08-20-2010, 06:38 PM
did you read his last sentence..i could only dream of being ONLY 11.,...i guess im the only one who thinks he has some wise ass remark for every post he disagrees with..

andymays
08-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Anyone who's played sizeable pick 6 tickets knows that there are days when you might only get one winner on the ticket let alone six. It isn't as easy as it sounds. I've always done best with smaller tickets. Just about every time I've played a bigger ticket (2k or 3k range) it's been a disaster. I'm not sure why but I think it's because I'm forced to take a stand on a smaller ticket instead of spreading.

bigmack
08-20-2010, 06:48 PM
the ROI for my top choice is still somehow right around 2.00
That's big and not an easy feat.

I ought not to have entered into this little clam bake as I was going off your Tweets. I take it using the term 'taking a stance' is something you object to?

For the record, I think you're the aces and find your insights colorful & entertaining.

Now, to further my level of annoyance I give you one of these... :cool:

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
did you read his last sentence..i could only dream of being ONLY 11.,...i guess im the only one who thinks he has some wise ass remark for every post he disagrees with..Duh!? After your reply #14, what do you expect?

How about something a little beyond this thread?

Plus you're the king of shit...you dish out your own brand of bullshit at every stop...if it weren't for dahoss, you would have been tossed out of here a long time ago (for about the 8th time I reckon).

If I were you, I'd pull back a bit...

the little guy
08-20-2010, 07:21 PM
That's big and not an easy feat.

I ought not to have entered into this little clam bake as I was going off your Tweets. I take it using the term 'taking a stance' is something you object to?

For the record, I think you're the aces and find your insights colorful & entertaining.

Now, to further my level of annoyance I give you one of these... :cool:

Thanks. I usually only Tweet picks that are decent prices.

This has been a mediocre week for me as far as top picks but all things considered I'm fairly happy with how things have gone. I wish the Pick-6 promotion had fallen on an easier day ( I think we would have hit it today, as the second winner was the only remotely tough one, and there is a reasonable chance it would have been a C with the others As ) or at least one where people could have stayed involved for more races.

I imagine we'll try again....hopefully sometime soon.

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Well.... according to his own reciting of his resume, I would think that he could come up with a Pick6 pretty much anytime. I thought his entire genius revolved around his tremendously well developed skill at picking the Pick6.

Certainly this series would have to be a complete fluke, like the $45.00 horse in the ninth, what kind of handicapper could possibly see that coming? I think NYRA oughta scrape up a few more dollars and run this promotion 10 more times, think of the crowds that would swarm around with Serling displaying his skills in such a manner.

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey up!! Wonder if this will turn into a TLG v Jonnielue P6 Challenge

wonatthewire1
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks. I usually only Tweet picks that are decent prices.

This has been a mediocre week for me as far as top picks but all things considered I'm fairly happy with how things have gone. I wish the Pick-6 promotion had fallen on an easier day ( I think we would have hit it today, as the second winner was the only remotely tough one, and there is a reasonable chance it would have been a C with the others As ) or at least one where people could have stayed involved for more races.

I imagine we'll try again....hopefully sometime soon.

I got to play a few this week and fortunately caught the $45 horse in the 9th Thursday. But normally don't get to play too many NY races (time of day while at work) but a couple of days out of the office this week...

What did you think of today's 5th race where just about every horse went off at 6-1? I passed it as a no advantage contest, but wondered if anyone else had a strong stand (or not) regarding the race > one of the few times when every runner was being bet but no one being a clear favorite.

the little guy
08-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey up!! Wonder if this will turn into a TLG v Jonnielue P6 Challenge

That would require me taking him off ignore....which will never happen.

tucker6
08-20-2010, 08:09 PM
The reason you have him on ignore can be seen by the unprovoked attacks on you in this thread. People like him will never realize that doing that type of thing says more about them then what the insult they are conveying says about you.

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 08:11 PM

:D

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 08:12 PM

Now that would be the mark of one that likes to dish it out, but is able to take very little.

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Now that would be the mark of one that likes to dish it out, but is able to take very little.

jdl

After reading 25+ pages in one thread today. I'm not sure your right there Jonnie

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 08:40 PM
After reading 25+ pages in one thread today. I'm not sure your right there Jonnie

No, he can't take it, he's got me on ignore because he can't shut me down with a few insults of his own. I didn't start the thread, and I wouldn't bother with him if he hadn't insulted me to no end in the past.

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I have no clue as to why Jonnie, but he may have somebody on ignore because he feels he is wasting his time and energy debating with them.

Some people do not want to take on board the otherside of an argument or listen to another opinion you know.

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 09:30 PM
BTW Jonnie

If you want an example of what i'm talking about, go to Clement Hirsch replay thread :D

bigmack
08-20-2010, 09:38 PM
I think NYRA oughta scrape up a few more dollars and run this promotion 10 more times, think of the crowds that would swarm around with Serling displaying his skills in such a manner.
Why do you insist on being a nudnik? AS has certainly earned his place within this sport and few work harder or possess half the vitality for love of game.

He could never be mistaken for taking himself overly serious and maintains a healthy, self-deprecating sense of humor.

He currently holds a near deuce roi on his top selections @ SAR.

I find it refreshing that he 'kicks-it' around here and would hate to see that jeopardized by you and whatever agenda you're out to prove.

Check your ego with your jacket when you log-in 'round these parts.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2010, 09:41 PM
jonni is simply jealous that nobody in the industry takes him seriously...

Look in the mirror my man jonnie(skiptomy)lu

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I have no clue as to why Jonnie, but he may have somebody on ignore because he feels he is wasting his time and energy debating with them.

Some people do not want to take on board the otherside of an argument or listen to another opinion you know.

Ignorance is bliss to a great many people. I just think that if you are around to announce how smart you are because you did this or that, you should also be around when you look like the average screwup too.

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Ignorance may be bliss Jonnie. Knowledge can be a curse though, in that you get jelousy rearing it's head and every Tom, Dick and Harry having a pop.

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 09:53 PM
jonni is simply jealous that nobody in the industry takes him seriously...

Look in the mirror my man jonnie(skiptomy)lu

Why would I care if the industry takes me seriously or not?

jdl

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Ignorance may be bliss Jonnie. Knowledge can be a curse though, in that you get jelousy rearing it's head and every Tom, Dick and Harry having a pop.

Jelousy over what?

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Jelousy over what?

jdl

Success, being in spotlight , things like that.

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Success, being in spotlight , things like that.

Okay, who has the knowledge, Tom, Dick, and Harry, or are they the ones that get jealous of someone having knowledge? And, is that the curse of knowledge that you speak of, that Tom, Dick, and Harry get jealous?

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Jonnie

I'm afraid to say, I can maybe see why Andy Serling has you on ignore.

jonnielu
08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Jonnie

I'm afraid to say, I can maybe see why Andy Serling has you on ignore.

Hey, I'm just trying to find out who's on first in your statement here.

jdl

Charlie D
08-20-2010, 10:30 PM
No one specific Jonnie, just general comments

I can only speak from observations and imho A Serling and rest of guys at NYRA seem ok to me.

Anyway, AS don't need my help from what i've seen , so i is done.

bigmack
08-20-2010, 11:06 PM

I haven't been up to speed on just who it is you is but how you're able to make that statement after reading some of what I just did, having the misfortune to spend 17 minutes at your site, is beyond me.

You're a walking, talking infomercial for a garden variety tout service, envious of any attention given to others. Particularly those that don't have to run around hawkin' a service that is clearly sub-par.

Nice, you being able to be forthright with your potential customers with this slice of idiocy:

Sorry, but horseracing just isn't that complicated. Anyone can win at this game

JustRalph
08-20-2010, 11:44 PM
, like the $45.00 horse in the ninth, what kind of handicapper could possibly see that comingjdl

There were at least 3 tickets on the horse in our tent at Saratoga

including one person who had the exacta ten times. So I guess, some could see it coming...........

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2010, 03:14 AM

jdlBecause you're trying to get someone in the industry to notice you and your product, are you not?

jonnielu
08-21-2010, 07:59 AM
There were at least 3 tickets on the horse in our tent at Saratoga

including one person who had the exacta ten times. So I guess, some could see it coming...........

So would that amount to a couple, or as many as a few?

jonnielu
08-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I haven't been up to speed on just who it is you is but how you're able to make that statement after reading some of what I just did, having the misfortune to spend 17 minutes at your site, is beyond me.

You're a walking, talking infomercial for a garden variety tout service, envious of any attention given to others. Particularly those that don't have to run around hawkin' a service that is clearly sub-par.

Nice, you being able to be forthright with your potential customers with this slice of idiocy:

I guess you have special clearence to call me an idiot, it doesn't appear to be based on your own genius. First, the number one complaint on this board with regard to me in connection with my ratings is that I will not make a selection, for you. You somehow think that I am operating a selection service.

As far as claims go, I claim that people can learn more about horse racing in a few months with my ratings, than they could by reading a roomful of books on handicapping. You somehow think that I am operating a selection service.

So, go ahead, call me an idiot because I'm doing something different than you are. I'll call you genius, because you obviously know everything there is to know.

jdl

jonnielu
08-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Because you're trying to get someone in the industry to notice you and your product, are you not?

In 2008, yes. And, due to my own failure to understand the big picture, I made a few final pitches at this time last year. Through these efforts, my ignorance was cured as I could then see that it would be highly unlikely that the industry would ever welcome my product. This is only true because the industry has noticed my product.

jdl

Tom
08-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Because you're trying to get someone in the industry to notice you and your product, are you not?

Does Patrick count? :D

rastajenk
08-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I think Patrick's nickname should be "The Industry."

</jerseyshoreoff>

Tom
08-21-2010, 11:05 AM
You know, I looked at Jonnie's method very closely a while back, and he explained some stuff to me off-forum.

I was impressed. The methodology made sense, and the way in interpreted the two sets of numbers together was really smart, I thought.
It made sense to me.

I just think the better way to promote it would be to promote it and stop putting down others. Stand on your merits.

jonnielu
08-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Does Patrick count? :D

Maybe you should ask Patrick if he's still standing in the same place.

jdl

bigmack
08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
As far as claims go, I claim that people can learn more about horse racing in a few months with my ratings, than they could by reading a roomful of books on handicapping. You somehow think that I am operating a selection service.
Within the industry you have your public handicappers; AS, Mountainman & the like. Software vendors Jeff Platt, Ken Massa, D. Schwartz, et al. Figures folk like cj, Sheets, Thoro-Graph and I guess you.

Nowhere do I see anyone using lines like:
Stop figuring the races, and start making consistent income from playing the consistencies that are known to the few. This Ebook can replace your paycheck... permanently.
Make $100/day.
Horseracing just isn't that complicated. Anyone can win at this game
Making such statements is not only dishonest it's hucksterism plain & simple.

I haven't a clue why anyone would want to get into a business selling info to this demographic. They're cheap and skeptical. But there is one thing I find insufferable and that's when I see people making bold claims that are patently false. Giving a player a fanciful impression of the nature of this game to sell a product is corrupt & sordid. And then to have the gall to come in here and try and ridicule AS when you adopt a business practice like that, is, for lack of a better term, idiotic.

rrbauer
08-21-2010, 04:07 PM
That was a brutal card. There were only eight live tickets to the final race even with the free square and it was a carryover day. The group failed with two show parlays during the sequence, so we couldn't even get a top three finisher twice collectively. And I guarantee he had more than three of six on his tickets, just the last live one was that. Iknow for a fact the contestants had fun, did get some prizes, and have something to talk about for some time to come. So those of you casting stones are showing what kind of fools you really are.

The "group" show parlay went down....gee that's a scoop. Don't they always? Why is it always the "fun" from the play that takes over and rationalizes the money loss?

castaway01
08-21-2010, 08:11 PM
The "group" show parlay went down....gee that's a scoop. Don't they always? Why is it always the "fun" from the play that takes over and rationalizes the money loss?

Well if the people involved had fun and weren't worried about losing the bucks they threw in, what business is it of yours? Wasn't that the simple point being made?

jonnielu
08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Within the industry you have your public handicappers; AS, Mountainman & the like. Software vendors Jeff Platt, Ken Massa, D. Schwartz, et al. Figures folk like cj, Sheets, Thoro-Graph and I guess you.

Nowhere do I see anyone using lines like:

Making such statements is not only dishonest it's hucksterism plain & simple.

I haven't a clue why anyone would want to get into a business selling info to this demographic. They're cheap and skeptical. But there is one thing I find insufferable and that's when I see people making bold claims that are patently false. Giving a player a fanciful impression of the nature of this game to sell a product is corrupt & sordid. And then to have the gall to come in here and try and ridicule AS when you adopt a business practice like that, is, for lack of a better term, idiotic.

Now you are going a little ways past good-natured name calling, and making statements that you can not show to be true. You have no idea of what I'm doing. Your limited understanding of this game is not a good basis for calling me a liar. Post some proof.

I can't tell you, and I don't care to make un-informed assumptions, why anyone else would want to get into a business selling info to this demographic. I choose to, first because I have a better, faster, cheaper product to sell, and second because it is probably the most difficult thing that I can do.

I fully understand that I could make an appeal to you based on what you want to hear, and what you know. But, there are certainly enough information sellers already doing that. I'd rather present the truth to you in the hope that maybe someday, you might consider it. To accomplish that, right now, all I have to do is let you follow the path you are on, while I continue to put the truth out in front of you.

jdl

jonnielu
08-21-2010, 08:50 PM
You know, I looked at Jonnie's method very closely a while back, and he explained some stuff to me off-forum.

I was impressed. The methodology made sense, and the way in interpreted the two sets of numbers together was really smart, I thought.
It made sense to me.

I just think the better way to promote it would be to promote it and stop putting down others. Stand on your merits.

jdl

Of course, Tom didn't mean here on PA as we all know free promotion is not permitted without approval of PA himself.

-- mod