PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Park: Five positives in Nick Canani barn

andymays
08-19-2010, 07:54 PM
http://drf.com/news/five-positives-nick-canani-barn

Excerpt:

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. - Nick Canani, second-leading trainer at Arlington Park with 45 wins this meet, and a private trainer for leading Chicago owner Frank Calabrese, has been hit with five more positive tests for the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug etodolac.

In a ruling issued Thursday, Arlington stewards handed Canani a 30-day suspension and fined him $2,000 for the medication violations.

illinoisbred
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Etodolac is supposedly not a performance-enhancing drug,although if a horse is experiencing pain,inflammation,or arthritic soreness one could argue it couldn't perform without it. Three of these 5 did win the races in which they tested positive.

Tom
08-19-2010, 08:54 PM
It's not like he doped them all! Sheeeze. Tough crowd. :rolleyes:

jelly
08-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Etodolac is supposedly not a performance-enhancing drug,although if a horse is experiencing pain,inflammation,or arthritic soreness one could argue it couldn't perform without it. Three of these 5 did win the races in which they tested positive.

"Used Etodolac" should be in the Past performance line.

Stillriledup
08-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Seems like calabrese doesn't have many standards when selecting trainers. Just make em go really fast and i'll look the other way.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Etodolac is supposedly not a performance-enhancing drug,although if a horse is experiencing pain,inflammation,or arthritic soreness one could argue it couldn't perform without it.A shame they sullied this man's good name for something that isn't even performance-enhancing... :lol: :rolleyes:

Seriously, either stop fining and suspending for stuff like this, or actually FINE and SUSPEND...not this petty slap on the wrist crap...$2k and a month's vacation???

Yeah, that will stop the big players... :faint:

bigmack
08-20-2010, 02:37 AM
It's not like he doped them all! Sheeeze. Tough crowd. :rolleyes:
:lol:

Capital point, T. From what I can tell it's more like 67ish%. What's the big deal?

Take a little slice outta your life and Google 'Calabrese'. Such a hoot to learn of this Des Plaines printing, grew up in Little Itly, son-of-a-Butch..r, not liking to be confoozed for the other 'Frankie Breeze'.

Chicago. Ya gotta love the time-honored tradition of a broad daylight take.

I think I read TigerDirect.com is having a hyperbolic chamber special for equines of 1000 lbs or less next week. 15% off! :ThmbUp:

Make your payments to:
Calabrese Chamber Technologies
PO BOX 8336
Rolling Ghettos IL 60069

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Frank-Calabrese-Sr.jpg

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Note to all...the above reply by BigMack is in reference to a completely different Frank Calabrese . . . definitely NOT the horse owner who employs Nick Canani as his trainer . . . :eek:

bigmack
08-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Note to all...the above reply by BigMack is in reference to a completely different Frank Calabrese . . . definitely NOT the horse owner who employs Nick Canani as his trainer . . . :eek:
Only the picture. Iffin' you loose the pic, every word applies to the FC in question.

'Course that TigerDirect/Rolling Ghettos thang was fanciful.

andymays
08-20-2010, 06:03 AM
He was framed. ;)

illinoisbred
08-20-2010, 06:05 AM
:lol:

Capital point, T. From what I can tell it's more like 67ish%. What's the big deal?

Take a little slice outta your life and Google 'Calabrese'. Such a hoot to learn of this Des Plaines printing, grew up in Little Itly, son-of-a-Butch..r, not liking to be confoozed for the other 'Frankie Breeze'.

Chicago. Ya gotta love the time-honored tradition of a broad daylight take.

I think I read TigerDirect.com is having a hyperbolic chamber special for equines of 1000 lbs or less next week. 15% off! :ThmbUp:

Make your payments to:
Calabrese Chamber Technologies
PO BOX 8336
Rolling Ghettos IL 60069

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Frank-Calabrese-Sr.jpg
Way too funny! Things are so rotten from top to bottom here you just gotta love it.

TEJAS KIDD
08-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Why doesnt someone who wagered on the runner up in these races sue the trainer for the money they should have won? Seems like it would be a slam dunk lawsuit.

therussmeister
08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
A slam dunk lawsuit, but not a slam dunk win.

Hoofless_Wonder
08-21-2010, 02:21 AM
At least the stewards ordered a purse re-distribution. I think that might limit a potential lawsuit from competing owners to "wagers lost".

The $2K fine is a complete crock of manure. Again, FAILURE of the IRB to properly police and promote the sport within the state. It's just sad.