PDA

View Full Version : formulator users

permenbg
08-19-2010, 05:59 PM
if any of the members of this forum are using daily raceing form formulator 4.1(or any ver) i could use some help. have you ever exported the data? have you exported to excel? i can get some of the data into excel , but it is all mixed up . can anyone tell me what i need to do to get it fixed so i can use it.

thanks.
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

raybo
08-21-2010, 07:26 AM
if any of the members of this forum are using daily raceing form formulator 4.1(or any ver) i could use some help. have you ever exported the data? have you exported to excel? i can get some of the data into excel , but it is all mixed up . can anyone tell me what i need to do to get it fixed so i can use it.

thanks.
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

Not enough info, unless you want responses from only Formulator users.

What format is the output of formulator? If it's a csv file then you need to know the "data format", of the fields, in order to import the data into Excel, and know what data is in which cells.

Also, there must not be more than 256 fields in the file, unless you are using Excel 2007. With pre-2007 you are limited to 256 fields (columns). It can be done, but not easily.

Tom
08-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't think you can export from the web version yet?
I do know exporting from the old version is very easy. PM me if you want and I can walk you through it. Just need to know how you want the export file to look - you have options.

I'll be around on line all day.

ikeika
08-21-2010, 10:29 PM
after exporting the race files, just add .csv to the end of each file and open them in excel. You can either have the files exported in their original version or in the more recent version both with or without column headers.