PDA

View Full Version : rocket in deep pooh

46zilzal
08-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Indicted for lying to Congress?

sonnyp
08-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Indicted for lying to Congress?

it's congress that should be indicted for lying to the american people. everyone of the low life, lying, cheating bastards that holds a seat should be charged for the fraud they continue to purportrate. throw in the chief executive and then you'll have a worthy endeavor instead of this nonsence of chasing people like bonds and clemens for something no one cares about.

let them start to channel every dollar they steal toward sealing the border, addressing the economy, and dealing with the mess in the middle east.

stuff like this is insulting and insanity.

only11
08-19-2010, 05:44 PM
it's congress that should be indicted for lying to the american people. everyone of the low life, lying, cheating bastards that holds a seat should be charged for the fraud they continue to purportrate. throw in the chief executive and then you'll have a worthy endeavor instead of this nonsence of chasing people like bonds and clemens for something no one cares about.

let them start to channel every dollar they steal toward sealing the border, addressing the economy, and dealing with the mess in the middle east.

stuff like this is insulting and insanity.
Capone killed hundreds ..he went to prison for lying to congress about his taxes,great country we live in..

sonnyp
08-19-2010, 05:56 PM
i leave myself open to correction on this quote. i believe it was made by will rodgers or maybe mark twain.

something to the effect,"every man, woman and child is in jeopardy. congress is back in session".

bigmack
08-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Feds gonna crack this caper wide open. 'Bout time. :sleeping:

Folk out here humpin' for a living, making ends meet, paying taxes so some geek Fed sittin' in a cubicle can nail Clemens. Who gives a crap?

Take certain years and put asterisks next to the names of suspected players. Let each prove their innocence. :cool:

Otherwise, the astr'k remains.

We don't need no stinkin' Feds.

slewis
08-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Feds gonna crack this caper wide open. 'Bout time. :sleeping:

Folk out here humpin' for a living, making ends meet, paying taxes so some geek Fed sittin' in a cubicle can nail Clemens. Who gives a crap?

Take certain years and put asterisks next to the names of suspected players. Let each prove their innocence. :cool:

Otherwise, the astr'k remains.

We don't need no stinkin' Feds.

Mack....I'll respectfully disagree with you.

It's your line of thinking that is keeping horse racing in the drug filled quagmire it's in.

EVERYTIME the legislators want to take over the testing and prosecuting of cheating trainers, the executives in the racing industry scream "NO NO, we'll police our own sport"

If you know that when you cheat, you will subject yourself to not only suspension but possible criminal prosecution, it is an ABSOLUTE deterrent not to do so.... But when you get a slap on the wrist.... a 14 day "PAID vacation"....well, you draw the conclusion.

In professional sports, if an athlete knows he runs the risk of the above, plus other serious consequenses, he'd better think twice.

I recall Clemens's STARK demeanor, defiant, as if to say "how f-in dare you guys...I'm Roger Clemens". Well guess what....

He's not above the law.....and he's a liar and cheater. All he had to do is come clean or refuse to answer under instructions of Attorney.

Now don't get me wrong, with the state of the state...the last thing congress should probably be doing is poking into queries like this...but they did it...and Clemens lied....

It cannot be denied that there are lots of high school kids out there that know that he did it....A-Rod did it and others....and they'll stick a needle in their arms in a second at a shot at stardom....this is why Clemens and others need to be buried.

PhantomOnTour
08-20-2010, 12:33 AM
I would like the congressmen who brought this whole thing to Capitol Hill to poll their constituency and see how high this ranks on their list of important issues they want their elected officials to tackle. My guess is that 'Roger Clemens Stuck A Needle Of Badness In His Ass And Then Lied About It' would not rank very high...waste of time.

bigmack
08-20-2010, 12:46 AM
It cannot be denied that there are lots of high school kids out there that know that he did it....A-Rod did it and others....and they'll stick a needle in their arms in a second at a shot at stardom....this is why Clemens and others need to be buried.
Good case for why it just doesn't matter. It took place in a time in baseball that was experimenting with drugs like a 17 year old. Looks like it's over with advanced testing.

You made a case stating everyone suspects he did. Let's run with that as fans of the game and the want for intact record keeping and then file him in our brains and MLB accordingly.

Feds making an example of his little "Who me?" is silly.

He didn't go McGwire and load-up in mass quantities. He appears to have gone "BrylCream"

'Just a little dab'l do him' :p

swami13
08-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Gotta agree with Slewis.
It matters because he lied under oath and that kids do look up to and wanna be like these guys.

bigmack
08-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Gotta agree with Slewis.
It matters because he lied under oath and that kids do look up to and wanna be like these guys.
Oh yeah, that stands to reason.

Kid is 8 now. By the time this comes to trial he'll be 10-11.
(Not to mention he wasn't even in existence at the time of this infraction)

All the while the kid is wondering Roger who? and you & Slewie adhere to a solid - We need to do this for the kids. :rolleyes:

Let it go

only11
08-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Bonds is laughing his ass off.. :lol:

alytim
08-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Good case for why it just doesn't matter. It took place in a time in baseball that was experimenting with drugs like a 17 year old. Looks like it's over with advanced testing.

You made a case stating everyone suspects he did. Let's run with that as fans of the game and the want for intact record keeping and then file him in our brains and MLB accordingly.

Feds making an example of his little "Who me?" is silly.

He didn't go McGwire and load-up in mass quantities. He appears to have gone "BrylCream"

'Just a little dab'l do him' :p

Drugs are over in baseball because of advanced testing? Just like advaced testing has stopped drugs in horse racing. Where do you get your information?

swami13
08-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah, that stands to reason.

Kid is 8 now. By the time this comes to trial he'll be 10-11.
(Not to mention he wasn't even in existence at the time of this infraction)

All the while the kid is wondering Roger who? and you & Slewie adhere to a solid - We need to do this for the kids. :rolleyes:

Let it go

He Lied Under Oath, that's the main issue.

Bubbles
08-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm torn. On the one hand, this whole steroid issue is a waste of taxpayer money. Part of me thinks that it's only gone to Capitol Hill in the past because high-ranking officials in both MLB and government have owned teams (Selig with the Brewers, Bush with the Rangers), and with our country in as much disarray as it's in, do we really want to be using the tax money that's trickling in on this kind of thing?

On the other hand, of course, Roger Clemens has revealed himself to be a pompous ass who loves hearing the sound of his own voice. I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see him get what he deserves after lying under oath, if in fact the dots are connected and he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of doing just that. Nobody's above the law, and if he took steroids, lied about it, and continued doing so until he had an audience of elected officials in front of him, he deserves whatever he gets if found guilty.

Greyfox
08-21-2010, 12:59 AM
He Lied Under Oath, that's the main issue.

He's been "alleged" to have "Lied Under Oath."
Give the man his day in court.

bigmack
08-21-2010, 01:18 AM
That's one thing I was questioning back when he testified. Is this a set-up to see who is telling the truth?

Strong legal argument here:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_20_10_22_07_22.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/sports/baseball/21clemens.html?src=mv

riskman
08-21-2010, 02:10 AM
"One intriguing piece of evidence in the Clemens case was syringes that McNamee said he stored in his basement after using them to inject Clemens with drugs.

McNamee handed over the syringes and related drug paraphernalia to federal authorities shortly after Clemens began publicly disputing his account. The authorities tested them for the presence of performance-enhancing drugs and Clemens’s DNA. The New York Times reported last year that the tests revealed the presence of steroids. The Washington Post reported that authorities detected the presence of Clemens’s DNA."

The Feds have something on Clemens or are they just wasting the taxpayers money?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/sports/baseball/20clemens.html

only11
08-21-2010, 09:44 AM
for starters no name other then Canseco is mentioned MORE then Clemens in the mitchell report..
then Mr.Clemens says he has never discussed HGH or steroids with anyone...hhhmmmmm..
Duh! you lying SOB then you said you knew your wife took HGH for the SI photo shoot..Clemens is a compulsive liar throw his ass in prison for 22 months..

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Clemens is a compulsive liar throw his ass in prison for 22 months..Pretty ironic.

Rookies
08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Rocket is, and has always been, an arrogant ass, despite his Cy Young's with the Blue Jays.:rolleyes: Schandenfreude is coming home to roost here.

But, I don't disagree with those who say: " Is this the best Congress can do? Really ?" There are so many critical issues to be resolved and they are focused on this fool ? They can't even root out their own, on the take, crooks like say DeLay and Rangel, because of the insider trading club, so that THEY can be successfully prosecuted.

Sad and FUBARed.

cj's dad
08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Can Rafael Palmiero be far behind.

mountainman
09-01-2010, 08:13 PM
That's one thing I was questioning back when he testified. Is this a set-up to see who is telling the truth?

Strong legal argument here:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_20_10_22_07_22.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/sports/baseball/21clemens.html?src=mv

Good post. And legalities aside, shouldn't congress have better things to do?
These people just don't get it. America doesn't care whether some egomaniac gets caught lying to protect his legacy. Maybe we should, and maybe our apathy towards cheating is a sad comment on society. But i don't GIVE a hoot about HGH homers and even less about some strikeout king shooting steroids. And no sanctimonious sportswriter whose real agenda is to fill copy can MAKE me care. In fact, i wish they could get jacked up enough to hit MOONshots. Straight into frikking outer space. Now THAT would be entertaining.