PDA

View Full Version : Travers Day at the Spa

Valuist
08-23-2003, 11:25 AM
All main track selections assuming a fast track

1st-# 2 ELYON--Dutrow having a great year and this one ran a winning race in last, making a big move and still was 9 lengths clear of 3rd. Limone Forte will still probably be overbet if its a fast track, due to that 92 Beyer he got in the slop.

2nd- # 10 BWANA CHARLIE--was 2nd in a good 6/21 CD field as he was 6 in front of Fongs Thong who won impressively at AP recently. This one had some road trouble in his last and still was 5 lengths clear of 4th.

3rd- # 7 WARLEIGH--as long as Abreeze, Play it Out, Phish and Kathir are in here, there should be a very fast pace to Warleigh to run down.

4th # 4 SUMMER SCENE--no rocket science needed here. Frankel 31% off 180 day layoffs. If this was 6f, I could make a strong case for Kuanyan, who is reunited with Bravo who rode him to 7 length Mdn win on June 11 at Mth, when she ran as fast as older filly NW2X.

5th-# 6 THEFULL CIRCLE--trying to beat Frankel with this one, who should've won last after racing 5 and 4 wide around the turns getting beat a 1/2 length. Frankel got beat yesterday at 1-5 so its possible. My longshot to sneak into the tris is Quiet Ruler who likes Sar, and was bothered by traffic and a soft pace in his last race.

6th--# 6 PRETTY WILD--hoping for a big day from Stanley Hough, who's only one win removed from the dreaded duck. Sleeper is Stone Canyon, who has caught either turf or slop in his last 3. He won his last fast track w/a decent number.

7th--# 14 EBONY BREEZE-liked her last win over a solid field at Crc. 6 of these fillies are also entered in a Mth stake so there will be some scratches.

8th-# 8 VESPERS--taking a shot with this one; horrible traffic in the 7/11 race; she should've won by 3-5 lengths. I will also include Sea of Showers in any Pic 3s and 4s since she is the horse to beat, and will be bet like it. I think of the other price shots, Quick Tip could definitely crash into the trifecta.

9th-# 3 WAR ZONE--he beat Trademark in the Poker and then Trademark came back and ran the huge # and is a bounce candidate. If the turf is firm, I think Tap the Admiral is a solid contender also. He's won his last 3 on firm turf.

10th--# 2 VALID VIDEO- going to further try to refute Quinn's graded stakes theory. I thought the Carry Back at Crc came up pretty tough. Everyone seems to think Zavata walks on the lead but I think VV is fast enough to keep him honest. Even if Zavata does clear, he'll be going fast enough that I think someone will catch him.

11th # 7 SKY MESA--I liked him even if Empire Maker and Funny Cide would've started. Nobody pushed Peace Rules in the Haskell yet Sky Mesa was still around close at the finish and 7 in front of FC. Today I think Strong Hope is faster out of the gate (and a legitimate threat to wire). I think he will ruin Peace Rules chances. Ten Most Wanted has been running huge every other race recently and today would be his turn to run big again. A win wouldn't surprise anyone

12th # 1 SOLAR MAN--like the post and the way he won his last. At GP in Feb, he was 3rd behind Moonshine Hall, who won a WO turf stakes this summer. Bond is 28% on the year. Pike Place Gold is interesting; he chased Gimmieawink in a Gr. 3 in his last and didn't finish too badly. I think he's a must include in this final leg of Pic 3s/4s.

Valuist
08-23-2003, 11:49 AM
Scratches just came out and Bwana Charlie is out of the 2nd race. I'll probably pass the race but I will watch Good Reward, and exceptionally well bred colt by Storm Cat out of the champion mare Heavenly Prize.

All 6 horses who were cross entered in the Mth stake scratched out of Sar's 7th race.

A couple horses who I didn't list as a top choice but I will use in Pic 3s are She's Zealous in the 7th, as there is definitely less pace in the race w/all the scratches, Snow Dance in the 8th, Patrol in the 9th, and Eye of the Tiger in the 10th.

Valuist
08-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Not a great day but Valid Video at least gave it a positive ROI. With the 2nd race scratch, here's the results

wagers: 11 wins 3 payoffs: $4.10 $5.00 $19.40 ROI $2.40