PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO REMOVE YOUR BRAIN?

teddy
08-18-2010, 12:56 PM
HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT ONE TYPE OF WAGER OR THIER SPOT PLAYS BUT LOST MORE BACK ON OTHER PLAYS. SOUNDS LIKE AN EASY ANSWER TO JUST ONLY PLAY THE ONES THAT ARE ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL. ITS NOT. I NEED TO FIND AWAY TO AUTOMATE MY WAGERS AND HAVE THEM IN BY NOON AND THEN PREVENT MY BRAIN FROM MAKING MORE WAGERS THAT DAY THAT ARE NOT MY SPOT PLAYS, HUNCH BETS, CRAP FROM TVG TELLING ME HOW HOTA HORSE IS. THE ACTION BETS ARE KILLING ME. I AM CONSIDERING TURNING MY ACCTS OVER TO A THIRD PARTY TO PLACE THEM AND NOT LET ME HAVE ACCESS...AFTER 1PM. I THINK IF I JUST BET 2 TO SHOW A RACE IT WILL NOT HELP EITHER.

46zilzal
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
If you want to remove your brain from wagers you will have a tough road ahead. EACH race is a different puzzle that requires brain power to differentiate!

JBmadera
08-18-2010, 01:07 PM
sounds like you're saying "how do I remove emotions from handicapping/wagering" - first off, listening to the touts on tvg is probably not a great idea. I do all my handicapping on my own, then use twinspires coniditional wagering to ensure my bets get down at odds which are acceptable

i think in one of beyers books he talked about "action bets", imho action bets are too expensive in todays tough wagering environment.

gl!

jb

teddy
08-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Its totally the action bets that kill my roi. They are worse than cigarettes.

skate
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Jbs

you gots the answer right before your eyes, pull the plug on the TV, NOW!

good question also.

The more you win, the tougher it gets to answer.

The rest is up to You.

46zilzal
08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
NEVER listen to anyone but yourself

JohnGalt1
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT ONE TYPE OF WAGER OR THIER SPOT PLAYS BUT LOST MORE BACK ON OTHER PLAYS. SOUNDS LIKE AN EASY ANSWER TO JUST ONLY PLAY THE ONES THAT ARE ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL. ITS NOT. I NEED TO FIND AWAY TO AUTOMATE MY WAGERS AND HAVE THEM IN BY NOON AND THEN PREVENT MY BRAIN FROM MAKING MORE WAGERS THAT DAY THAT ARE NOT MY SPOT PLAYS, HUNCH BETS, CRAP FROM TVG TELLING ME HOW HOTA HORSE IS. THE ACTION BETS ARE KILLING ME. I AM CONSIDERING TURNING MY ACCTS OVER TO A THIRD PARTY TO PLACE THEM AND NOT LET ME HAVE ACCESS...AFTER 1PM. I THINK IF I JUST BET 2 TO SHOW A RACE IT WILL NOT HELP EITHER.

I removed my brain after trying to read your all caps message.

skate
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Rand was not a stuffed shirt;)

46zilzal
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Rand was not a stuffed shirt;)
hieroglyphics are alive and well ......just follow this poster.

classhandicapper
08-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Have you tried a bottle of JTS Brown? ;)

skate
08-19-2010, 03:25 PM
hieroglyphics are alive and well ......just follow this poster.

um, i dont get what you've said, that is, how do you apply this (your) post?:)

Oh no, it's not the ZILLY POLICE thing is it? Ok ok...:rolleyes:

Dave Schwartz
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
NEVER listen to anyone but yourself

So, tell me, 46. Why should we listen to you? And, logically, why, then do you bother to post?

46zilzal
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
So, tell me, 46. Why should we listen to you? And, logically, why, then do you bother to post?
.............and I have always wondered why people worship guns. Is it some phallic replacement therapy?

never understood how a killing device could have reverence.

SMOO
08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I removed my brain after trying to read your all caps message.

BUT MAYBE HE WANTS YOU TO DO THAT

:lol:

teddy
08-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I successfully removed my brain for 2 days and showed an 8% profit on show bets. I made no other bets but show and only on my spot plays. That was on 2k of wagers too. As usual, I win when i remove my brain.

completebill
08-19-2010, 06:40 PM

You have quite obviously supplied your own answers. If I understand your quandry, you seek to learn how to stop from making "action" bets, tips, etc., AFTER you have placed your early bets for the day, in which you apparently have confidence.

HOW do you stop?? I am NOT trying to be a smart-ass here---you just STOP. If you are unable to stop, you are dealing with a true compulsion, and have several choices: 1) Give control of your money to a trusted 3d party, let them make the bets, and somehow assure that you have absolutely no access to betting money that day;

2) Quit gambling--Gamblers Anonymous may be helpful to you;

3) Since the Gamblers anonymous approach pretty much requires complete "abstinence" (cessation of ALL betting), if you truly believe you can be profitable on those early bets, but are unable to keep making those destructive later bets, maybe individual therapy might help you.

I am not trying to be facetious. It sound like you are admitting to a problem in compulsive betting. If you can't find a way to control it (see suggestions, above), you might just have to quit!---------Good Luck!

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2010, 06:49 PM
.............and I have always wondered why people worship guns. Is it some phallic replacement therapy?

never understood how a killing device could have reverence.Seriously...it might be best if you just stopped posting here...you are clearly whacked...

Pell Mell
08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Seriously...it might be best if you just stopped posting here...you are clearly whacked...

I think he was basically told the same thing by his shrink.:lol: