PDA

View Full Version : Excepting Zenyatta the synthetics have produced nothing but mediocre racehorses

Foolish Pleasure
08-18-2010, 11:39 AM
and the fact that big horses are an attraction,

someone should actually notice and give a shit.

still no answer to the second best synth horse of all time and somehow promoting mediocrity in addition to allowing unsound horses to continue to race are progressive and beneficial to the sport.

DJofSD
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Long term, I believe plastic dirt will be a detriment to the breed.

Hundreds of years of improving the breed and now breeders will be selecting stock for producing winners for plastic dirt, both on track and in the shed. I guess the real world and what horses used to do no longer applies. It's all about money and to hell with the long term considerations.

Foolish Pleasure
08-18-2010, 11:51 AM
One of the more shocking things to me is the guys with the big money invested in the stallions don't seem to care that this new wave of surfaces has been perpetually depreciating the worth of their inventory.

46zilzal
08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Hundreds of years of improving the breed and now breeders will be selecting stock for producing winners for plastic dirt, both on track and in the shed. I guess the real world and what horses used to do no longer applies. It's all about money and to hell with the long term considerations.
The breed is far far away from any improvement and is in a tailspin muscloskeletally and breeding back to pharmaceutically covered up negative genetics is hardly the way in improve ANYTHING.

DJofSD
08-18-2010, 12:16 PM
The breed is far far away from any improvement and is in a tailspin muscloskeletally and breeding back to pharmaceutically covered up negative genetics is hardly the way in improve ANYTHING.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

breezing
08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Hundreds of years of improving the breed......
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, they've improved it all right :faint:

DJofSD
08-18-2010, 01:35 PM
I fail to see the humor in my original statement, so, I guess your laughing at me.

Oh well.

Robert Fischer
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I fail to see the humor in my original statement, so, I guess your laughing at me.

Oh well.

if you are speaking from a global perspective, then yes there has been some attempt to improve, or at least continue the strength of the breed.

in recent years in the United States, the breed has been all but genetically engineered to weaken. 6furlongs is the standard carded race. A mile or 1-1/16 is considered a test of ground. This shit is pathetic. If i want a 9 or 10 furlong race to bet on I have to mostly wait for stakes, and then when there isn't a single strong dominant favorite ruining the pools, they shorten the damn race to 8.5 furlongs :mad:

sorry, got carried away either i need my 2nd cup of coffee or start the scotch

Robert Fischer
08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Excepting Zenyatta the synthetics have produced nothing but mediocre racehorses

Please understand that synthetics are meant to be "SYNTHETIC TURF"

1.)
this is the fallacy of the california tracks

there is a mixed up effort on one hand to make the track "fast enough" time-wise, and to please the trainers and owners
stupid, stupid, stupid

synthetics should be a tiring heavy track with slow times.

dirt speedballs SHOULD SUCK
rateable horse with turf breeding SHOULD RULE

california seems to be constantly fighting this, and I'm not sure the track super isn't on the wrong side as well (i stopped caring to that level of detail and only bet strong bet-backs there now)

woodbine is an EXCELLENT synthetic track that consistently has top3 cards day-in-and-day-out

Keeneland tends to be done well, but is wavering at times (particularly baby sales speed juice sprint times)

2.) in "NATURE":rolleyes: only 3rd rate turf horse run on SYNTHETIC TURF.
however at most synth tracks an artificial purse structure skews this. - fine
the new era of high stakes synth racing is here. provided the powers that be, and the track supers, trainers/owners etc don't try to make it synthetic-dirt, then we have a great thing = TURF RACING THAT ATTRACTS DIRT RUNNERS(many whom are both speedballs and favorites and should fail miserably),AS WELL AS TURF RUNNERS AND ALLOWS CLASSY DIRT HORSES WITH VERSATILITY TO COMPETE AS WELL = good betting and racing.

edit- it isn't suposed to "produce" a damn thing, it's supposed to be an arena

depalma113
08-19-2010, 04:22 AM
and the fact that big horses are an attraction,

someone should actually notice and give a shit.

still no answer to the second best synth horse of all time and somehow promoting mediocrity in addition to allowing unsound horses to continue to race are progressive and beneficial to the sport.

Informed Decision

Fager Fan
08-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Please understand that synthetics are meant to be "SYNTHETIC TURF"

1.)
this is the fallacy of the california tracks

there is a mixed up effort on one hand to make the track "fast enough" time-wise, and to please the trainers and owners
stupid, stupid, stupid

synthetics should be a tiring heavy track with slow times.

dirt speedballs SHOULD SUCK
rateable horse with turf breeding SHOULD RULE

california seems to be constantly fighting this, and I'm not sure the track super isn't on the wrong side as well (i stopped caring to that level of detail and only bet strong bet-backs there now)

woodbine is an EXCELLENT synthetic track that consistently has top3 cards day-in-and-day-out

Keeneland tends to be done well, but is wavering at times (particularly baby sales speed juice sprint times)

2.) in "NATURE":rolleyes: only 3rd rate turf horse run on SYNTHETIC TURF.
however at most synth tracks an artificial purse structure skews this. - fine
the new era of high stakes synth racing is here. provided the powers that be, and the track supers, trainers/owners etc don't try to make it synthetic-dirt, then we have a great thing = TURF RACING THAT ATTRACTS DIRT RUNNERS(many whom are both speedballs and favorites and should fail miserably),AS WELL AS TURF RUNNERS AND ALLOWS CLASSY DIRT HORSES WITH VERSATILITY TO COMPETE AS WELL = good betting and racing.

edit- it isn't suposed to "produce" a damn thing, it's supposed to be an arena

Have you been keeping up with current events? The synth tracks haven't resulted in good betting and racing - it's been a disaster for California. We do produce horses to race on our surfaces so we would produce synth horses if they were to remain (but they're not). If synthetics are meant to be turf synth, then by God, remove the turf courses and put in synth. They were meant to replace dirt racing, hence why the dirt courses were replaced with the stuff. Canada, great course or not, never has and still doesn't produce horses who can compete with us outside of the occasional Dance Smartly.

lamboguy
08-19-2010, 07:25 AM
one of the major problems that have infiltrated this game.

i am finding that more and more people on this board are quite knowledgable about this game now.

not only do drugs ruin horses, they ruin the breed of people we have on this earth as well. to many women on anxiety pills, to many people taking pills for everything under the sun. life has never had any solutions to it, pills see to be the "easy way"

good luck i am heading to saratoga now, excellent observation

Hanover1
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
To address the guy that started the thread....considering great horses only come around every so often, are we not in a hurry to replace/duplicate another Zenyatta. And SoCal has had poly how long?
Agreed there is a multitude of issues at play, but for one of the few times here, I can easily understand, and stand by comments offered by Zilly on this one....

classhandicapper
08-19-2010, 02:26 PM

If Rail Trip handles dirt well I think he will prove to be every bit as good as Quality Road, Blame, and Musket Man if not better than all of them.

I could make a long list of other very good synthetic horses, but your bias against the surface and the general misunderstanding of how to measure the quality of those horses would cause us to disagree. So we'd waste as much time on that discussion as many of us have on Zenyatta.

Tom
08-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Informed Decision

I Want Revenge.
Looking at Lucky.

It's only been a couple-three seasons.