PDA

View Full Version : Can A bias or Jock help the horse get the distance?

only11
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
With the PE around the corner,i pose the question can a bias or a good jockey help a horse get the distance?
The first thing i think of is Codero carrying Bold Forbes on his back the last 16th of a mile home in the belmont stakes...
Can a jockey like Borel help RA get the 1 1/4,IMO yes..Can a track bias help a horse get the distance?Yes..

A horse who was ask to go beyond distance limitations and for one reason or the other wins THAT DAY,can we then say THIS HORSE COULD OFFICIALLY GET THE DISTANCE?

Robert Goren
08-17-2010, 06:41 PM
A very good bias can do some really amazing things, but they are not all that common. I severely doubts about a jockey getting it without the stupidity of the jockeys in the race.

xfile
08-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Borel rides the rail as you know and that is the shortest distance around a racetrack.

Dan Montilion
08-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Any horse will get any distance given enough time.

BluegrassProf
08-17-2010, 08:17 PM
With the PE around the corner,i pose the question can a bias or a good jockey help a horse get the distance?
The first thing i think of is Codero carrying Bold Forbes on his back the last 16th of a mile home in the belmont stakes...
Can a jockey like Borel help RA get the 1 1/4,IMO yes..Can a track bias help a horse get the distance?Yes..

A horse who was ask to go beyond distance limitations and for one reason or the other wins THAT DAY,can we then say THIS HORSE COULD OFFICIALLY GET THE DISTANCE?Ah, classic: using the "transparent question" tactic to hide the not-so-subtle implication that she needs the help in the first place. Perhaps this should be applied to some of her rivals.

Keep up the good work. :ThmbUp:

Hanover1
08-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Keeping past horses in mind, and avoiding the tired debates of late, I only know that breeding and individual characteristics dictate distance limitations. These traits are hardy exclusive however......

letswastemoney
08-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Despite never winning at 10 furlongs, Medaglia D Oro didn't run bad races at the distance. In fact, most of his 10 furlong flops would crush today's competition.

I don't see how people can judge Rachel's distance limitations without having seen her run the distance.