PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna be there this weekend ?

cj's dad
08-16-2010, 09:14 PM
What PA members are planning on attending Thursday> Saturday ??

Need to know if I should bring boxing gloves or beer or both !!

Note to Zaf: If you are attending, please don't forget the Coors Light cooler that you took home to Canada !!

JustRalph
08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Ding!

Red Knave
08-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Double Ding!

Probably Friday, Saturday - Sunday for sure, probably the following Monday and Wednesday.

I thought you guys from Baltimore always travelled with boxing gloves and beer?? ;)

Tom
08-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Wed/Thursday

BillW
08-17-2010, 09:21 AM
:ThmbUp:

Grits
08-17-2010, 09:30 AM
What PA members are planning on attending Thursday> Saturday ??

Need to know if I should bring boxing gloves or beer or both !!

Note to Zaf: If you are attending, please don't forget the Coors Light cooler that you took home to Canada !!

Now, WHY ON EARTH would I wanna hit you? Consummate gentleman that you are.

Still, if I did, I'd need the help of a stun gun. A high voltage one. And you wouldn't get up.:lol: It'd be all over.:lol:

(Fighting? The Rodney King thing was so unfortunate, I'd hate to see it played out again underneath a tent on Saratoga property.)

I'll divide time between the tent, and a certain tree in the backyard, where I've spent my racing days for years.

Tom
08-17-2010, 10:24 AM
What's that old saying about the nuts don't fall far from the tree? :eek:;)

John
08-17-2010, 10:56 AM
David and I will be up on Friday. Charlie, can't make the trip. He is too sink on chemo treatments.

:) :) :)

Red Knave
08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Charlie, can't make the trip. He is too sick on chemo treatments.Sorry about the chemo but glad he's still above ground. Please wish him well from all of us.

Looking forward to seeing you guys, too.

SilverSow
08-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Looks like Thursday/Friday for Andrew & I the very least... with at least one evening at the Racino playing the lovely (and usually formful and sometimes rewarding) Evangeline Downs...

:)

I don't box the 1-2-3 at the trotters that much any more... LOLOLOL...

Dave

cj's dad
08-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Now, WHY ON EARTH would I wanna hit you? Consummate gentleman that you are.

Still, if I did, I'd need the help of a stun gun. A high voltage one. And you wouldn't get up.:lol: It'd be all over.:lol:

(Fighting? The Rodney King thing was so unfortunate, I'd hate to see it played out again underneath a tent on Saratoga property.)

I'll divide time between the tent, and a certain tree in the backyard, where I've spent my racing days for years.

You had better crank that baby up DG. I was hit once with 480 volts AC and lived to talk about it.

Grits
08-17-2010, 02:16 PM
You had better crank that baby up DG. I was hit once with 480 volts AC and lived to talk about it.

OH MAN! Leave it to me to forget . . . . I'm talking to the only gentleman I know whose entire life's work has been all things electrical!!

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, dg. :lol:

JustRalph
08-17-2010, 03:04 PM

what was her name?

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll be there this weekend...and I'll be bringing some grub and some beer with me on Saturday...same as last year...

JustRalph
08-17-2010, 04:13 PM
What is the story on grub. Should I load up my cooler with more than just drinks? What is available near the tent?

Bubbles
08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Which night do we think is the annual expedition to the trotters/simulcasts/watching Dad glue himself to the lone Evangeline Downs TV? Always a highlight using CJ's figures to bet on horses with three legs! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
What is the story on grub. Should I load up my cooler with more than just drinks? What is available near the tent?Here's what will be delivered on Saturday via Putnam Market:

SANDWICH WRAPS, PASTA SALAD & A DESSERT TRAY
roast turkey & american, roast beef & provolone,
ham & swiss, chicken salad, and fresh vegetables & provolone
along with pasta salad of the day, cookies and brownies.

I ordered enough for 15, so there should be plenty of food around post time of the first race on Saturday. They will also be bringing (4) Two-liter bottles of soda (2 coke, 1 diet coke, 1 sprite) plus I will be bringing a cooler full of beer and ice...

riskman
08-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Can someone please tell me what dates that PA will have the tables in the tent? Thanks

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Can someone please tell me what dates that PA will have the tables in the tent? ThanksGoing on all this week through Sunday...

Tom
08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Ralph, Carolina BBQ right outside the tents.

mmm mmm good.

Grits
08-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Ralph, Carolina BBQ right outside the tents.

mmm mmm good.

Tom, it may be Steve Byk's, can't help it--but whoever brokered him into selling this as BBQ, saw that New York fella coming a country mile!!

Tom
08-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Yes, but it IS the best BBQ within 100 feet of the tent! :rolleyes:

Now, if we're talking CHOWDER......

JustRalph
08-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Yes, but it IS the best BBQ within 100 feet of the tent! :rolleyes:

Now, if we're talking CHOWDER......

Exclusivity huh? He owns that hundred feet .......... :lol:

lamboguy
08-18-2010, 09:12 AM
does anyone know which tracks sartoga simulcast on thursday afternoon?

Figman
08-18-2010, 10:21 AM
http://www.nyra.com/Saratoga/Broadcast/Simulcasting/Simulcasting.shtml

lamboguy
08-18-2010, 12:17 PM
thank you very much. i will see you saratoga tomorrow if you guys allow me there!http://www.nyra.com/Saratoga/Broadcast/Simulcasting/Simulcasting.shtml

SilverSow
08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Which night do we think is the annual expedition to the trotters/simulcasts/watching Dad glue himself to the lone Evangeline Downs TV? Always a highlight using CJ's figures to bet on horses with three legs! :ThmbUp:

Humpf... plenty of Evangeline Downs TV's! LOL

Dave

andicap
08-19-2010, 12:47 AM
be there Thur-Sun with a mini-cooler of beer on Thur-Fri.

BillW
08-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Friday's the plan

Storm Cadet
08-19-2010, 11:01 AM
BillW Please give everybody my best and wish them all big payouts this year at SAR.

John
08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
BillW Please give everybody my best and wish them all big payouts this year at SAR.

There goes my big Tip of the day. Ron, you will be missed!!!

:) :) :)

BillW
08-19-2010, 04:05 PM

:ThmbUp:

Hope you can make it!

Storm Cadet
08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry guys...had a NASCAR meeting in NYC this AM. We are going to Canada next week and we have not tested outside the US and have encountered some logistical glitches we have to work out. I don't need ZAF bailing me out of some French Canadian incarceration pit! And Red'Knave is too darn far away sucking down Crown Royals to assist! :eek:

Post some pix of this years gathering...is Justin getting all my female fan action up there? :cool:

Rookies
08-21-2010, 10:30 PM
. I don't need ZAF bailing me out of some French Canadian incarceration pit!
:cool:

TRANSLATION:

The peelers in Montreal can distract even the best...;)