PDA

View Full Version : Post Time

RaceTrackDaddy
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
One problem I am having with more harness tracks than I care to mention is their belief that Post Times are not important.

It all started with Northfield a few years ago as they kept pushing back the starting time of the post parade to where it is now 0 minutes to post. Other tracks are now following suit. The Meadows brings out their horses at 3 minutes to post and start the race around 8 to 10 minutes after the post parade.

Yonkers has joined the "Tracks that have no idea what Post Time definition is" group. It is one thing that I feel will drive me away from betting to another venue. I do believe that tracks that adhere to the post time on average should be rewarded with my money and those that do not, will not.

I long for the old days when Post Time meant the acutual time the race was scheduled to be contested. Tracks that do not know the meaning of Post Time are just the tip of the Ice Berg.

What other factors in racing are they incorrect in their thinking?
Honesty? Integrity? Drug Testing? Race fixing?

my_nameaintearl
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
One problem I am having with more harness tracks than I care to mention is their belief that Post Times are not important.

It all started with Northfield a few years ago as they kept pushing back the starting time of the post parade to where it is now 0 minutes to post. Other tracks are now following suit. The Meadows brings out their horses at 3 minutes to post and start the race around 8 to 10 minutes after the post parade.

Yonkers has joined the "Tracks that have no idea what Post Time definition is" group. It is one thing that I feel will drive me away from betting to another venue. I do believe that tracks that adhere to the post time on average should be rewarded with my money and those that do not, will not.

I long for the old days when Post Time meant the acutual time the race was scheduled to be contested. Tracks that do not know the meaning of Post Time are just the tip of the Ice Berg.

What other factors in racing are they incorrect in their thinking?
Honesty? Integrity? Drug Testing? Race fixing?

Yonkers is by far the worst 0MTP in the winter means 5 minutes until the horses get on the track. In the summer 0MTP means about 4 minutes if your lucky.

titans1127
08-17-2010, 12:09 AM
From what I've heard Yonkers started doing it because NYCOTB was not showing their races on TV as first priority when it was up against a thoroughbred race with the same post time. That coupled with the extra 200,000-300,000 extra in handle every night is why they haven't stopped doing it. To me when I'm at home watching I don't mind so much since I can always go do something else in the mean time. When I go to Yonkers I hate standing around doing nothing or just leaning along the fence.

Ray2000
08-17-2010, 06:11 AM
The Yonkers post time is another example of track management's treatment of customers. They might as well hire some goon to walk thru the crowd and slap you in the face. If they want to send the NYCOTB a phony-baloney post time then do it but provide your paying customers with another clock showing estimated time to start of race. This correct time should also be available on the TV signal (since the tote signal has to have the phony time) but I could watch that at my ADW video.