JustRalph
08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hd8zIrnzuz

When Dems are being chased from Public meetings.........it can't be good

TheBid9
08-16-2010, 04:56 PM

It must truly be a chore, being a Democrat, in today's environment. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot!

ArlJim78
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
its a thug regime, what do you expect. their record is so atrocious that rather then defend it they filibuster the meeting and if you ask the wrong type of question they send in the hired muscle to intimidate you. pretty standard when they can't play the race card which is the preferred first option.

prospector
08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
i hope all the people in her district see that video..
somebody send it to hannity...
my question is why people would let themselves be intimated by that punk..geeez people stand up for yourselves..

boxcar
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM

It's beneath the dignity of the uling Class to stoop to answer the honest, straightforward questions of mere "plebes", (as if plebes have some inherent right to know what elected officials think and believe in the first place). :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
hierarchy for Democrat responses;

1) avoid the question
2) lies, strawmen, obfusaction
3) blame Bush
4) play the race card
5) send in the thugs

mostpost
08-16-2010, 06:23 PM
That guy is a punk. The guy with the camera. It appears that the meeting was for the purpose of discussing credit card reform. Yet this clown is trying to ask whether mandating health insurance is constitutional. He was there as a provocateur. nothing else. If he had been a progressive at a Republican meeting he would have been out on the street.

JustRalph
08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
That guy is a punk. The guy with the camera. It appears that the meeting was for the purpose of discussing credit card reform. Yet this clown is trying to ask whether mandating health insurance is constitutional. He was there as a provocateur. nothing else. If he had been a progressive at a Republican meeting he would have been out on the street.

and some how, some way, you find a way to defend this kind of thuggery

cj's dad
08-16-2010, 06:34 PM

And she's a douchebag !! She is being paid by the taxpayers and is open 24/7 to ALL QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS when she decides to appear in front of her constituents.

My God you're a foolish man !

mostpost
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
And she's a douchebag !! She is being paid by the taxpayers and is open 24/7 to ALL QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS when she decides to appear in front of her constituents.

My God you're a foolish man !
That would be fine if the questions were intelligent. But the stupid question about the constitutionality of mandating health insurance is designed to get an answer that the right can use to enflame their base. Normal people (read Democrats and smart independents) know there is nothing unconstitutional about it.

I notice that, as usual, you have included an insult with your comment. I guess that's what one does when one has no game. :confused:

boxcar
08-16-2010, 07:28 PM
That would be fine if the questions were intelligent. But the stupid question about the constitutionality of mandating health insurance is designed to get an answer that the right can use to enflame their base. Normal people (read Democrats and smart independents) know there is nothing unconstitutional about it.

I notice that, as usual, you have included an insult with your comment. I guess that's what one does when one has no game. :confused:

If Dems know, this why don't they answer the question in a straightforward manner? Pelosi never did, nor did this dingbat. Instead, they're "ashamed of the truth". They hide behind no answers and non-answers? Truthful people don't have to resort to such chicanery. But then...what would you know about Truth or truthful people or truth telling?

Boxcar

cj's dad
08-16-2010, 09:04 PM

I notice that, as usual, you have included an insult with your comment.

I guess that's what one does when one has no game. :confused:

much like when you referred to the photographer as a punk !!

JustRalph
08-16-2010, 09:08 PM

only in your perverted mind would anyone think the government can force me to buy something, and it would pass muster with our forefathers

Tom
08-16-2010, 09:13 PM
MY GOD, mostie, you can defend that behavior for asking a question?
You guys really are preparing to be little nazis, aren't you all?

mostpost
08-16-2010, 11:55 PM
MY GOD, mostie, you can defend that behavior for asking a question?
You guys really are preparing to be little nazis, aren't you all?
I am definitely not a nazi and I'm certainly not little. (Insert indignation icon here)

After looking at the video several times I am convinced the whole thing was a fraud. As was the Shirley Sherrod video as were the ACORN videos.

First of all, when the woman was talking to Bean (and rudely talking over her) you could hear the woman loudly and plainly. How is that possible? Unless she had a microphone on her. A microphone that was wirelessly connected to the video camera. Why would a random woman attending a town meeting be wired for sound? Unless she had an agenda.
Here is a second odd thing. In the first segment outside a woman said "He just stood over there like that." That woman sounded exactly like the woman commenting inside the hall. I believe it was the same woman. Yet, the woman outside had long hair. The person the so-called thug stood over had short hair. You can't even tell if it was a woman or a man.
Also if you are going to try to intimidate someone, why would you stand behind them and look over their shoulder? Would it not be more intimidating to stand in front of them?

It looked to me as if the so-called thug was looking at something the man in the seat was showing him.
Also, we don't know how long he hovered. They froze the video after three seconds.
A FRAUD

ElKabong
08-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Hello to all new posters. Please review all posts and see if you can identify the retired Mail Sorter in the thread.

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Hello to all new posters. Please review all posts and see if you can identify the retired Mail Sorter in the thread.

LMAO I almost fell out of my chair!!!! :lol:

mostpost
08-17-2010, 12:09 AM
LMAO I almost fell out of my chair!!!! :lol:
I eagerly await your proving me wrong. For the first time. :lol: :lol:

mostpost
08-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Not just a Mail Sorter. A window clerk. A dispatch clerk. A Bulk Mail Clerk. An onsite Bulk Mail Technician. If it could be done at the post office, I could do it.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I give away the answer to your riddle? :blush:

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 12:17 AM
I eagerly await your proving me wrong. For the first time. :lol: :lol:

Huh?? lmao...wait I am still laughing.

Ok, so the MANY times your numbers that you claim as fact...(such as the rig workers and potential losses of jobs based on the moratorium), don't count??

How about the GDP numbers which you said were fact...and again shown to be wrong?? Not those either???

How about the times when you just refused to come back with a response as it being pointless?? Not those either??

Ok well, let me know next time you have some irrefutable facts?? lmao ...

P.S before you go off talking about all those fraudulent videos of ACORN etc etc....you might wish to look at all of the court rulings against acorn. LOL

But we still love your facts, if for nothing more then entertainment value lol

ElKabong
08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
gotta give her this much...she ran as quick as her chunky ankles allowed

ElKabong
08-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Not just a Mail Sorter. A window clerk. A dispatch clerk. A Bulk Mail Clerk. An onsite Bulk Mail Technician. If it could be done at the post office, I could do it.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I give away the answer to your riddle? :blush:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mostpost
08-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Huh?? lmao...wait I am still laughing.

Ok, so the MANY times your numbers that you claim as fact...(such as the rig workers and potential losses of jobs based on the moratorium), don't count??

How about the GDP numbers which you said were fact...and again shown to be wrong?? Not those either???

How about the times when you just refused to come back with a response as it being pointless?? Not those either??

Ok well, let me know next time you have some irrefutable facts?? lmao ...

P.S before you go off talking about all those fraudulent videos of ACORN etc etc....you might wish to look at all of the court rulings against acorn. LOL

But we still love your facts, if for nothing more then entertainment value lol

As for the numbers on the rig workers and jobs lost that was opinion which I can't prove, but neither have you proven your numbers.
The GDP numbers are numbers I linked to from official government sources. They are accurate. If you find they are not prove it.
If I post that healthy grass is green and provide 100 photos to prove it, and you say no it's not, yes I feel it is pointless to continue the discussion.

mostpost
08-17-2010, 12:46 AM

What court rulings. I just googled "Acorn Court Rulings." After ten pages all I could come up with were stories on the Constitutionality, or lack thereof in regards to Congress defunding ACORN. Nothing about criminal acts by ACORN as an organization.
Even if such do exist, the videos are still fraudulent because they took selected and edited portions to portray a reality which did not exist.

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2010, 01:29 AM
A FRAUDYes. I agree. This entire administration + Congress is A FRAUD.

What an accurate description. Bravo.

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 01:35 AM
What court rulings. I just googled "Acorn Court Rulings." After ten pages all I could come up with were stories on the Constitutionality, or lack thereof in regards to Congress defunding ACORN. Nothing about criminal acts by ACORN as an organization.
Even if such do exist, the videos are still fraudulent because they took selected and edited portions to portray a reality which did not exist.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/aug/acorn-director-pleads-guilty

"director pleads guilty".....

There are more if you look.....Acorn has been found guilty and pleaded guilty more times then there are gallons of water in the oceans. So please...to defend them or even hold them in ANY positive light is an embarrassment to even you mosty.

But then again...seeing how you've been able to defend this administration at every turn...(even if in your own world), I guess it stands to reason. :faint:

hcap
08-17-2010, 06:11 AM
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/5331090-acorn-exonerated-by-brooklyn-district-attorney

ACORN Exonerated By Brooklyn District Attorney

Yesterday, the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office exonerated ACORN’s Brooklyn office of any criminal wrongdoing.

ACORN has been a right wing target for a while now. The conspiracy theories about the organization range from mildly ill-informed rumors to flat out crazy-talk.

Last year James O’Keefe and Hannah GilesHannah Giles, dressed as a pimp and prostitute, walked into the Brooklyn ACORN office with a hidden camera and obtained footage of ACORN employees helping them set up what appears to be a brothel.

{editor's note: ~~read the rest at the above unbiased link~~ :lol: ...hcap, what kind of source is THIS??? and no, I wouldn't have barged into your reply if you hadn't reproduced the entire text, which is a total NO NO here on PaceAdvantage}

TheBid9
08-17-2010, 07:22 AM
When you have to bring a "gorilla" with you, then you're pretty desperate. Like watching "Donna Corleone"!

mostpost
08-17-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/aug/acorn-director-pleads-guilty

"director pleads guilty".....

There are more if you look.....Acorn has been found guilty and pleaded guilty more times then there are gallons of water in the oceans. So please...to defend them or even hold them in ANY positive light is an embarrassment to even you mosty.

But then again...seeing how you've been able to defend this administration at every turn...(even if in your own world), I guess it stands to reason. :faint:
One ACORN employee in one state.
Here are all the items on ACORN at Judicial Watch. This is from the link you provided.
Press Releases
•Judicial Watch Obtains New FBI Documents Regarding ACORN Voter Fraud Investigation - June 9, 2010
•Judicial Watch Files Two New FOIA Lawsuits to Obtain Information on ACORN Scandals - September 30, 2009
•Judicial Watch Files Lawsuit against HUD to Obtain ACORN Documents - September 24, 2009
•Judicial Watch Obtains Obama Commerce Department Documents Detailing ACORN Partnership for 2010 Census - May 28, 2009
Litigation
•Judicial Watch v. Census Bureau (No. 09-901) - ACORN's involvement in the 2010 Census
•Judicial Watch v. Department of Housing and Urban Development (No. 09-1811) - ACORN grants
FOIA Documents
•FBI documents from their investigation of ACORN related voter fraud in Missouri
•Nationwide Map of ACORN Affiliates
•ACORN Documents From the Federal Election Commission
•Census Bureau documents regarding ACORN
•ACORN grants from the Corporation for National & Community Service
Related Documents
•"Is ACORN Intentionally Structured as a Criminal Enterprise?" - Staff Report, U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform - July 23, 2009
•Tom Fitton on FOXNews discussing ACORN and the 2010 Census (YouTube) - May 29, 2009
•Tom Fitton on Glenn Beck discussing ACORN and the 2010 Census (YouTube) - May 29, 2009
•Tom Fitton on CNN discussing alleged voter registration fraud (YouTube) - October 22, 2008
Blog Posts
•Employees File Complaints Against ACORN - September 8, 2009
•ACORN Employee Admits to Voter Fraud... - August 19, 2009
•ACORN Criminally Charged In Nevada - May 5, 2009
•Billions In Recovery Bill For Fraud-Infested ACORN - January 27, 2009
•Group Hires "Lazy Crack Heads" To Register Voters - October 8, 2008
Bookmark/Search this post with:

Lots of stuff about JW obtaining or requesting documents. Lots of accusations. One case where an employee took a plea bargain in exchange for aiding prosecutors. Don't know how much aid he was able to give since it is now one year later and even on JW (A notoriously partisan group) there is no news of further prosecutions.

But, let's get back to the topic of this thread. No one here has addressed the objections which I raised. All you did was deflect attention to a subject which as been addressed ad naseum.
Here is another question. Why didn't Eyeblast TV contact Congresswoman Bean or her office. Is that not what a news organization does; gets all sides of the story. Of course if you have an agenda, if you are more interested in propaganda than in truth, then you certainly don't want to get the other side.
Are you guys so desperate to have your side prevail that you will forego your integrity to make it happen?

Robert Goren
08-17-2010, 09:53 AM
You got to really wonder about people who take the word of a phone tapper. They rank right down there with computer hackers as some of the lowest forms of pond scum on the face of the earth. I understand how much some of you hate Obama, but surely you can come up something other the stuff coming this goof. If not, you don't have very good arguement.

lsbets
08-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Normal people (read Democrats and smart independents) know there is nothing unconstitutional about it.

Mandating that people be forced to engage in an economic activity that they might otherwise choose not to is tyranny. Liberty loving people understand that. Supporters of the thug regime in DC do not care at all about liberty and freedom and do not understand the concept. You my friend support an ideology that is the enemy of liberty and is not only unconstitutional but wholly and completely un-American.

bigmack
08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
hcap, mosty & goren at the ready to defend ACORN :lol:

Remind us all the good they've done. This little mission statement:

For 40 years ACORN has been the most effective national anti-poverty organization in the country. Since its founding in Arkansas ACORN has been criticized by business leaders, Democrats and Republicans for its direct action tactics and its populist anti-poverty agenda. It has long worked on the forefront to protect homebuyers from unjust foreclosures fueled by reckless lending practices and inadequate government regulation. In many cities and states, ACORN pioneered campaigns to increase workers wages and prevent unnecessary foreclosures by organizing homeowners and tenants, and pressuring lawmakers to enact laws protecting consumers from foreclosure scams. :eek:

As late as fall of 2009, while under severe attack and losing staff, ACORN and its sister organization ACORN Housing had helped prevent housing foreclosures for eight thousand homeowners by obtaining favorable mortgage changes. It rescinded sales, restored titles to owners, and negotiated new, affordable mortgages.

2 guesses - How many of those mortgages has since gone bad?

Cleared - Exonerated? What good have they ever been with the exception of some dopes sitting in an office on federally funded loot?

Wade Rathke, who founded ACORN in 1970, left his position as the organization’s chief organizer after an embezzlement scandal that occurred eight years ago surfaced last month involving his brother and the group’s finances. ACORN’s national board asked Rathke to step down from his position about a week ago. Rathke’s brother, Dale, embezzled almost $1 million from the community group but the crime was handled internally and not reported to the police, allegedly at the behest of Wade Rathke.
The founder of ACORN and his brother were scamming members of the organization for years!
According to the New York Times column on the story, the organization hid the fraud from the board as well as its members because it was afraid of giving groups who might feel this is unacceptable, you know… as in… MOST AMERICANS, ammunition to fire at ACORN.

mostpost
08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
2 guesses - How many of those mortgages has since gone bad?
I have no idea. Enlighten me. How many of those specific 8000 mortgages has gone bad since they were renegotiated by ACORN. Not an extrapolation from overall figures, but an actual specific count involving only the 8000.

JustRalph
08-17-2010, 12:24 PM
That ban was found to be Unconstitutional by a federal court.

Here you come again......swinging that dead perch! You forgot to mention something ............from August 15th, In case you are going to scream about the source......... here is a link from Huffington Post. I am sure you read that every day

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-atlas/federal-appeals-court-rev_b_682573.html

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/08/new-court-decision-congress-can-withhold-acorn-funding/

New Court Decision: Congress Can Withhold ACORN Funding

Looks like ACORN lost another round in court last week. New York’s 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals has reversed a lower court’s decision to re-instate Congressional funding of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) ruling that halting funding did not violate the group’s rights.

Congress finally cut off federal funding to ACORN after the controversy stirred by conservative activist James O’Keefe who videotapped various ACORN offices advising a prostitute to hide her profession in order to get federal housing funding. The “prostitute” was in truth an investigative reporter working with O’Keefe.

ACORN tried to sue James O’Keefe but its lawsuit was thrown out.

more at the link

bigmack
08-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I have no idea. Enlighten me. How many of those specific 8000 mortgages has gone bad since they were renegotiated by ACORN. Not an extrapolation from overall figures, but an actual specific count involving only the 8000.
http://gallery.hd.org/_tn/std/maths/math-Z-spec-formula-DHD.gif

I worked it from a probability given the level of competence at ACORN coupled with the likelihood of said mortgages going bad and came up with 7984. :eek:

I laugh when they describe themselves as an 'anti-poverty group'. Heck, I've been anti-poverty for years. All God's critters are anti-poverty. :jump:

Can you extrapolate the amount of loot they've received over the years and tell us what good it's done and how much it cost for each 'good' they achieved?

mostpost
08-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Here you come again......swinging that dead perch! You forgot to mention something ............from August 15th, In case you are going to scream about the source......... here is a link from Huffington Post. I am sure you read that every day

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-atlas/federal-appeals-court-rev_b_682573.html

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/08/new-court-decision-congress-can-withhold-acorn-funding/

New Court Decision: Congress Can Withhold ACORN Funding

Looks like ACORN lost another round in court last week. New York’s 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals has reversed a lower court’s decision to re-instate Congressional funding of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) ruling that halting funding did not violate the group’s rights.

Congress finally cut off federal funding to ACORN after the controversy stirred by conservative activist James O’Keefe who videotapped various ACORN offices advising a prostitute to hide her profession in order to get federal housing funding. The “prostitute” was in truth an investigative reporter working with O’Keefe.

ACORN tried to sue James O’Keefe but its lawsuit was thrown out.

more at the link
Thank you for the link to the Huffington Post story. Here are just some of the items that were included in the HP story that were ignored by Gateway Pundit. Items that can be verified through other sources.
Despite a slew of independent investigations exonerating ACORN of misdeeds, on Friday, the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals overturned federal court Judge Nina Gershon's decision that cutting off ACORN's funding punished ACORN without a trial.
These include investigations bye the District Attroney of Brooklyn, the Congressional Research Service, the Attorney General of California and an internal investigation conducted independently by Scott Harshbarger

In most of the offices visited by the right wing activists, with their hidden camera, the ACORN staff turned them away, asked them to leave and then reported them to the police. In one case the staff took one of the activists posing as a prostitute to a counseling service for young women threatened by their pimp.

I myself was not aware that ACORN had taken Hannah for counseling. I wonder what kind of person you have to be to lie about and try to destroy someone who is trying to help you.
Congress has lavishly funded many corporations that unlike ACORN committed or have been accused of committing serious felonies. Many defense contractors have been accused of or committed crimes. Drug companies have pled guilty to criminal fraud under the federal false claims act stealing billions from the taxpayers by ripping off Medicaid and Medicare yet Congress never passed a bill debarring them from federal contracts. Blackwater, a company that had five of its employees facing murder charges in a massacre of Iraqi civilians in 2007, had received a $217 million contract to provide security in Iraq. A former Halliburton subsidiary KBR had received $80 million in contract bonuses to provide electrical wiring in Iraq, which electrocuted 16 soldiers and two contractors. Northrop Grumman had to pay a $500 million fine for getting caught nine times for contract fraud. Congress insisted on defunding ACORN, but failed to seek the same treatment for companies like Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Blackwater, Pfizer, and Boeing - chronic corporate lawbreakers that receive billions in federal dollars. The hypocrisy has been striking. The Congress that defunded ACORN bailed out Goldman Sachs, AIG, J. P. Morgan and other financial services corporation that lacked transparency, committed unethical or illegal acts and engaged in practices that led to the crash of our financial system.
Both Republicans and Democrats are responsible here.

Banks, private mortgage companies, and payday lenders have fought ACORN's campaigns to strengthen government regulations on the financial services industry on behalf of consumers.

So, quite the reverse of ACORN encouraging unsafe loans, it has been trying to strengthen regulations.

Despite being cleared of any misdeeds by every independent and nonpartisan investigation including Congressional Research Service report (CRS), the Brooklyn District Attorney, the California Attorney General, as well as an apology by the New York Times public editor for getting the facts wrong, the weekend reporting by AP failed to mention ACORN's exoneration.

So, JustRalph, you take one statement from a long post by Hcap and try to assert that it invalidates the whole post. Even that one statement was accurate, although later events altered it. Future appeals may restore its verity.

ETA: I hereby declare victory in the matter of Melissa Bean and her so-called thug bodyguard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
08-17-2010, 03:08 PM
This is why you are clueless. The goal was not having them prosecuted. The goal was to make them ineffective. The de-funding was a gift from Congress and Okeefe and Breitbart celebrated that extra for days I am sure.

The fact they had to declare bankruptcy or go out of business in many locations was the victory

They will come back as some other group I am sure. But they sure were shut down and impeded for a couple of years. Which is all that counts.

skate
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
It must truly be a chore, being a Democrat, in today's environment. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot!

Nailed.

You can tell from the small amount of Dem. Posters who remain on this board,

they have problems coming to grip with what makes sense.

So in turn they 'keep hitting themselves' and don't seem to realize the situation.

they cant come from there to here, even with help.

And im starting to feel for them:eek:

mostpost
08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
This is why you are clueless. The goal was not having them prosecuted. The goal was to make them ineffective. The de-funding was a gift from Congress and Okeefe and Breitbart celebrated that extra for days I am sure.

The fact they had to declare bankruptcy or go out of business in many locations was the victory

They will come back as some other group I am sure. But they sure were shut down and impeded for a couple of years. Which is all that counts.
What kind of victory is a victory based on lies? It that is the only kind of victory you can achieve then you are lost already.

Show Me the Wire
08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
What kind of victory is a victory based on lies? It that is the only kind of victory you can achieve then you are lost already.

Ask Obama. Si se puede!

bigmack
08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Lighten-up, Francis.

172 Dems voted to cut funding.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4902378620_98fe4fa2ab.jpg

Here's a funny story. Bernard Frank was on the floor a half an hour before the vote and ran out shortly before so he wouldn't have to vote. Now was that 'light in loafers' on his part or wha? We all know Big Barn has always been ACORNY's biggest & bestest BOOster. :eek:

Rather than rewinding the tape of de-funding, can you tell us what good ACORN did, please? I really, really, wanna know. :p