PDA

View Full Version : Illegal San Joaquin County Racing Circuit Drugged Horses with Meth and Cocaine

Overlay
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/illegal-horse-racing-ring-081510

macguy
08-16-2010, 11:15 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/illegal-horse-racing-ring-081510

Even worse, the track was synthetic.

Hanover1
08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Imo this is the down dirty sleazy stuff in racing, but since it is not a track anyone in numbers wagers on, or does not involve a high profile trainer, we will not see 8 pages of comments. I wonder if any of the horses involved were worth 2k? Is this not even worse for the horses involved? No outcry since personal gambling dollars are not involved is how this spell out. Where are the "poor horse" folks now?

PhantomOnTour
08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Bad for the horses and jocks. I'm thinking the medical care at this track is nil.
Were these horses thoroughbreds? former racers? farm horses?

All involved will rightfully be dealt with. Funny, here in Louisiana the bush tracks are heralded as the birthplace of many great Cajun jocks; but the reality is that it is way more dangerous than racing at a sanctioned track... and who knows what went into those horses.

DeanT
08-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Imo this is the down dirty sleazy stuff in racing, but since it is not a track anyone in numbers wagers on, or does not involve a high profile trainer, we will not see 8 pages of comments. I wonder if any of the horses involved were worth 2k? Is this not even worse for the horses involved? No outcry since personal gambling dollars are not involved is how this spell out. Where are the "poor horse" folks now?

It's probably because it is low profile and we expect things like this to happen in the backwoods of the game, where things are unregulated and outside the mainstream. I doubt it has anything to do with "personal gambling dollars".

If it was a dog fighting ring with nobodies doing it, it would not be too publicized - that is a sad part of animal cruelty - but if Mike Vick is involved it is a whole other story.

rwwupl
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
It's probably because it is low profile and we expect things like this to happen in the backwoods of the game, where things are unregulated and outside the mainstream. I doubt it has anything to do with "personal gambling dollars".

If it was a dog fighting ring with nobodies doing it, it would not be too publicized - that is a sad part of animal cruelty - but if Mike Vick is involved it is a whole other story.

This type of thing has been going on for years in California. I remember there were many household names involved years ago in Victorville,California ... and those same people are some who advocate that they are for "everything for the horse".. nothing else matters...Hmmm...

No one would listen then,either. Maybe some people have woke up now.

InsideThePylons-MW
08-16-2010, 02:33 PM
I wonder if any of the horses involved were worth 2k?

The QH version of Zenyatta vs Rachel have happened at places like this before and I'm sure will happen again.

You get 2 owners each with a suitcase full of hundreds that want to bet they have the fastest horse in the world and this is where they go. They don't bring horses that are only worth 2K.

Hanover1
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
The QH version of Zenyatta vs Rachel have happened at places like this before and I'm sure will happen again.

You get 2 owners each with a suitcase full of hundreds that want to bet they have the fastest horse in the world and this is where they go. They don't bring horses that are only worth 2K.

I understand-however the 2k reference was to tie into another thread that decries the abuse of horses at that level, and the numerous pages of opinion vs what we have here. Finding it hard myself to distinguish between animal abuse and animal abuse myself.....yet since it is "unregulated" it goes unnoticed.....