PDA

View Full Version : Sammy cancels final six QH races

PurplePower
08-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Strong storms with severe Lightening hit here about 8:30 just before runners for the fifth race went to the track. With someone on Mars still taking flash pictures of this track after an hour and a half, the danger to horses and jockeys and other racing personnel was to great to risk and racing was cancelled. We'll be back tomorrow night. (I know most on this board could care less, but it IS news.)

Whitehos
08-21-2003, 11:25 PM
I CARE, PURPLE

PurplePower
08-22-2003, 12:51 AM
Thanks Wh. I love Quarter Horse racing even though I have more money making success with Thoroughbreds. With the BC at Lone Star in 2004, Sammy picked up Lone Star's Quarter Horse meeting and Retama decided Sammy might as well have the San Antonio meeting as well. As a result after we finish TB's Apil 10 we come back in two weeks, April 23rd and go with the short tails every weekend until November 7th. I may forget how to type the word furlong if I'm not careful.

Tom
08-22-2003, 08:58 PM
I am getting into these guys now. Ken MAsa published a "method" to play these races, plus I get them on TVG at night, so why not?
I went to the AHQA or whatever webpage and they have a plethora of articles on Q Horse racing. Lots of good reading.
Purple, your site is in my top 10 favorites these days.

Will you be at SAR Thursday next week? I would love to meet you.

PurplePower
08-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I went to the AHQA or whatever webpage and they have a plethora of articles on Q Horse racing. Lots of good reading.
Purple, your site is in my top 10 favorites these days.
Will you be at SAR Thursday next week? I would love to meet you. Tom, I'd like to see the "man behind the monkey" as well. But I fly out of Albany about 6 AM Thursday morning so I can be back for a press conference that night at Sammy in which we will announce that we (oops -- wonder if I'm supposed to say anything before Thursday? hmmm ) (well, it's not like I'm the only one that knows ) - will be the site of the Challenge Championships next year. A "consolation" prize for us picking up both Retama's and Lone Star's QH dates so that we don't have but two weekend off from October 23rd this year until April 5 or so of 2005.

Tom
08-23-2003, 10:25 AM
ROTFLMAO!