PDA

View Full Version : The Breeders' Stakes

OTM Al
08-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Let's return north of the border for today's feature race, the final leg of the Canadian Triple Crown. No crown on the line again this year and just like the US version, neither of the winners of the first race are entered, but what we do have is a full field of thirteen at a mile and a half on the turf. Tasty.

Stormy Lord (#5) will be the favorite and he deserves to be. He's been in fine form for the turf so far this year. His question is the distance and that is why I'm going to try to beat him.

Born to Act (#7) is an intriguing entry in only his fourth career start and third in this cycle. Both starts this year were in open listed stakes on the turf and he has been progressing. Not a surprise if he jumps up here. By Theatrical the further distance may be appreciated. Another interesting runner is Cognashene (#13). Though just facing winners for the first time, the move to turf has been a good one for him. However, if the morning line holds true, I want nothing to do with a horse facing winners for the first time which took five shots to break his maiden.

My choice here is the filly, Silent Whisper (#12). She is a daughter of Wando, last to pull off the Canadian triple. She's coming off beating her elders on a one other than in a dominating performance at ten furlongs and she's getting weight, if that matters to you. Stormy could try to go with her, but it looks like she will go to the front and I will be playing that she makes all to the line.

The play, the standard one, 12/5+7 exacta with a (5+12) box as a saver.

cj's dad
08-15-2010, 10:12 AM
I like the 3 you've zeroed in on Al.

For what I think could be a decent longshot play, I'm betting both the #'s 1 & 10 for $10 to win each and putting them 2nd to the #'s 5-7-12 in a $5 Ex/Pw and 3rd in a $1 tri/Pw with the 5-7-12-1st and 2nd.

Total cost = $62

OTM Al
08-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Don't think we did so good here.....