PDA

View Full Version : TVG makes me laugh

speed
08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Just watched Ken Rudolph checking his tickets from Saratoga.

Made me laugh, the on air talent is betting through the windows and not at TVG.com LOL

I know he has no computer likely but still had me laughing.

BillW
08-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Made me laugh, the on air talent is betting through the windows and not at TVG.com LOL

Tracks typically frown on using the internet to bet while on site.

speed
08-14-2010, 05:10 PM

I know, but made me laugh.

rrpic6
08-14-2010, 07:57 PM
I'll book his bets if there is some sort of conflict of interest. I could use a nice side income.

RR

Edward DeVere
08-15-2010, 01:13 AM

Does Steve Crist know about this?

Actor
08-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Why? It all goes into their handle. Are they afraid you'll bet on a race at some other track?

Fingal
08-15-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't know the exact percentages, but tracks make a bit more from a bet placed on track through the windows vs. getting a cut from the ADWs.

castaway01
08-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't know the exact percentages, but tracks make a bit more from a bet placed on track through the windows vs. getting a cut from the ADWs.

Yeah, like 20% vs. 3%...if that's "a bit more".

BillW
08-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah, like 20% vs. 3%...if that's "a bit more".

If you are betting on races at the track you are at it's not quite that big of an imbalance but they do make quite a bit more. In this particular case where Rudolph was sitting at Delmar, the track would have got nothing on a bet placed through an ADW on a Saratoga race. I'm sure TVG wouldn't want to show that lack of support for a track they are trying so hard to hype.

JustRalph
08-15-2010, 02:35 PM

I think it is much more than "a bit" either way......it's better for them.

Of course all things being equal, they have to wait at least 90 days to collect the money from the ADW

Marshall Bennett
08-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Bob Baedeker's been bounced in the first leg of his past two pick 6 tickets after spending hours promoting the tickets on Pick 6 Central . He's singled the 4 horse in the first leg today , he could easily go 3 for 3 .
This gives me laughs , it's a joke not to mention a complete waste of time .

PaceAdvantage
08-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Bob Baedeker's been bounced in the first leg of his past two pick 6 tickets after spending hours promoting the tickets on Pick 6 Central . He's singled the 4 horse in the first leg today , he could easily go 3 for 3 .
This gives me laughs , it's a joke not to mention a complete waste of time .So what? You act as if hitting the Pick 6 is a daily occurrence for most.

Marshall Bennett
08-16-2010, 12:00 PM
So what? You act as if hitting the Pick 6 is a daily occurrence for most.
Well, spending an hour discussing a pick 6 ticket that cost under $100 is a waste of time, at least for me it is.

InsideThePylons-MW
08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Yesterday after the last race at Del Mar Todd S. came with one of the greatest quotes ever.

Ron Ellis had the last 5 winners on the p-6 which were 4 favs and a 2nd choice. Todd was talking about what if Ellis had the 1st winner and he would have got back $3600.

Then he said "$3600? Ron Ellis doesn't play tickets to win $3600, he plays tickets to win $36,000!"

Meanwhile, the race he missed he singled a 3-5 and the p-6 would have probably paid $1000 or less if he would have won.

How can somebody say something so stupid while thinking they are smart with a straight face?

horses4courses
08-16-2010, 02:54 PM
This young lady brightens up a TV screen....... :cool:

Tends to be a distraction to my handicapping, but that's ok.......

speed
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
This young lady brightens up a TV screen....... :cool:

Tends to be a distraction to my handicapping, but that's ok.......

Absolutely

Stillriledup
08-16-2010, 03:18 PM

Clowns have been making people laugh for a long time now. Send in the clowns. Where are the clowns.

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Well, maybe next year.

KingChas
08-16-2010, 05:32 PM

In reality Ken has made great strides in his handicapping,he is still learning the game and he admits it,nothing wrong with that.
He does have a passion for the game,that some here seem to have lost.
Now pretty Michelle Yu picks the prettiest horse in the paddock.
Usually the longest shot on the board.
Eventually her pick will win and some here will call her a great TVG hostess.......... ;)

Stillriledup
08-16-2010, 09:14 PM
In reality Ken has made great strides in his handicapping,he is still learning the game and he admits it,nothing wrong with that.
Eventually her pick will win and some here will call her a great TVG hostess.......... ;)

TVG doesn't hire hard core players who have went thru the school of hard knocks and have done some good in this game from a betting standpoint, they're hiring journalists who speak well and know nothing about racing and they try and learn on the job.

I dont mind that. But, the one thing that's a bit annoying is that they don't really know the game all that well and yet they talk as if they know it. They talk the way an expert would talk even if there's not much substance there.

rrpic6
08-16-2010, 09:29 PM

Yu (not you) picked the #9 and #4 as paddock picks on the feature race at Emerald on Sunday. They ran 1st and 2nd at 9-1 and 17-1! I've seen her pick a 25-1 as her paddock pick at Evangeline. All this while still in the studio. Make fun of her at your own cost. She is deadly when live at the track. This girl works hard and knows her horse flesh. Its too bad old men can't accept this.

RR

rrpic6
08-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Michelle Yu just picked the 13-1 winner (dead heat), Go Forth North as her paddock pick in the feature race at Del Mar. Keep bashing her man...she rocks!

RR

exiles
08-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Michelle Yu just picked the 13-1 winner (dead heat), Go Forth North as her paddock pick in the feature race at Del Mar. Keep bashing her man...she rocks!

RR

Some girl at the 7/11 just had a $500 scratch off.!!!!

jelly
08-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Some girl at the 7/11 just had a $500 scratch off.!!!!

She rocks! She could easily work for TVG.

Beachbabe
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I think M Yu is a horse whisperer.....or is it hoarse whisperer.

rrpic6
08-21-2010, 06:15 AM
She rocks! She could easily work for TVG.

Another old man stuck in the big band era. Catch the train to watch Seabisquit run in the Hundred Grander later on today.

RR

speed
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Just fell off my bed listening to Ken Rudolph describe how jockey PVal stands up off a horse in effect taking weight off the horse. Making his weight less of an effect to the horse.

Anybody else hear this. Was i dreaming?

Who needs a comedy club when ya got Mr. Rudolph. :)

PhantomOnTour
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Just fell off my bed listening to Ken Rudolph describe how jockey PVal stands up off a horse in effect taking weight off the horse. Making his weight less of an effect to the horse.

Who needs a comedy club when ya got Mr. Rudolph. :)
He also just said that if the favorites have been winning then the majority of players are also winning money.....say what Ken?

PaceAdvantage
08-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Who needs a comedy club when ya got Mr. Rudolph. :)It probably goes to the theory of dead weight vs. live weight...live weight is much more advantageous...for the very reasons Mr. Rudulph (note correct spelling) was talking about...

speed
08-26-2010, 07:05 PM
It probably goes to the theory of dead weight vs. live weight...live weight is much more advantageous...
If you saw him saying it i doubt that was in his mind. With that said a jockey is never actually seated during a race as to be dead weight.

Thanks for the spelling correction.

I just reread ur post and it seems you did hear him say it.

Marshall Bennett
08-26-2010, 07:20 PM
So PVal clearly has an advantage over other jockeys . :D

turfnsport
08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I do find it ironic Giacomo Boy was talking about "dead weight"