PDA

View Full Version : Should bettors be inducted in the T Bred hall of fame?

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Jocks, Trainers and other people get inducted. Writers get inducted. Should a bettor be inducted? I guess maybe you can induct Andy Beyer at some point, but he would go in as a journalist or a speed figure guy or something like that, but he wouldnt go in specifically as a horseplayer.

Being able to beat the races is tougher than being a trainer, jockey or writer. There are less people who can do it. There are more jockeys than people who beat the races for a living, same with trainers and writers.

Bettors should get honored in the hall of fame. I guess you would have to prove somehow that you are a lifetime winner, i'm not sure how this would work.

tbwinner
08-14-2010, 03:02 AM
We keep the game running with our churn, so why the heck not!

Not sure how you'd do this though...

KingChas
08-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Only if they won enough to buy it.

InsideThePylons-MW
08-14-2010, 03:20 AM
If they can find a way to induct a bettor and charge him 26% of the Hall of Fame expenses that year, I'm sure it will happen in the near future.

trackrat59
08-14-2010, 09:09 AM
If they can find a way to induct a bettor and charge him 26% of the Hall of Fame expenses that year, I'm sure it will happen in the near future.

:lol:

Fager Fan
08-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Jocks, Trainers and other people get inducted. Writers get inducted. Should a bettor be inducted? I guess maybe you can induct Andy Beyer at some point, but he would go in as a journalist or a speed figure guy or something like that, but he wouldnt go in specifically as a horseplayer.

Being able to beat the races is tougher than being a trainer, jockey or writer. There are less people who can do it. There are more jockeys than people who beat the races for a living, same with trainers and writers.

Bettors should get honored in the hall of fame. I guess you would have to prove somehow that you are a lifetime winner, i'm not sure how this would work.

Writers aren't inducted. Only horses, trainers, and jockeys. Owners aren't inducted either.

Interesting question in the sense that I can't believe someone asked it. The answer of course is no.

jballscalls
08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Writers aren't inducted. Only horses, trainers, and jockeys. Owners aren't inducted either.

Interesting question in the sense that I can't believe someone asked it. The answer of course is no.

also racing the only sport that doesn't have their announcers in the hall of fame

OTM Al
08-14-2010, 10:20 AM

Total agreement. Besides, how could you ever have a criteria? Imean those tip sheet guys win every race so you think they should go in first?

Tom
08-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Winning players in the Hall of Fame?
No.

That's what bars are for.

joanied
08-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I also have to say no to inducting bettors:ThmbDown: I do beleive though, that owners/farms should be inducted and race callers would be good also, except that it would maybe have to be an every 5 years ballot...something like that...there aren't that many to have a ballot every year.

I also think it would be nice to recognize the grooms of the horses that make it in...in most cases, Hall of Fame horses will have had the same groom during their careers, so why not include him/her within the honor...a small engraved plaque with his/her name and a little information about the groom would be an honor they deserve.

Fingal
08-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Winning players in the Hall of Fame?
No.

That's what bars are for.

Along with internet forums.

TEJAS KIDD
08-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Here's a link to the closest a horseplayer will ever get to the Racing Hall of Fame.
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/handi_hall.cgi

Bruddah
08-14-2010, 01:34 PM
The sign clearly reads, "Don't want no stink'n bettors. They just generate the cash that makes the engine run but we don't want no stink'n bettors." ;)

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Bettors are the customers/fans, right? Does the Baseball Hall of Fame induct fans? I think the idea is absurd.

therussmeister
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM

I doubt there are more jockeys than winning bettors. Winning bettors just remain invisible.

ronsmac
08-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Andy Beyer should have been inducted years ago. He influenced thousands of players in the 70's and 80's that may have never become horse players .My father and two other people I know were the only people talking about trips in the late 70s early 80s before Andy's book the winning horseplayer helped make Trip handicapping Mainstream. His speed figure influence is obvious.

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 02:48 PM

Bob Lewis isnt in there?

I know that Stan Bergstein is a Harness HOFer and he's a writer or announcer or a jack of all trades kind of guy, is there no thoroughbred version of Stan in the T bred HOF?

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Bettors are the customers/fans, right? Does the Baseball Hall of Fame induct fans? I think the idea is absurd.

I get what you're saying, but, on the same time let me pose this question. Lets compare a writer vs a horseplayer. A writer is a guy who went to journalism school and when he graduated, he might have been thrust into the racing industry by accident. Maybe he didnt want to specifically cover racing, but it was a job and that's what he was assigned to do. He didnt' know anything about racing, but learned along the way. He sat in the press box and wrote stories about racing. He stayed there for 40 years and then retired. He's a guy who just accumulated many friends along the way and was very well respected. He never put 1 dollar thru the machines and his job, for the most part, wasn't all that hard. The baseball hall of fame inducts umpires btw.

Now, lets look at the horseplayer candidate. This is a person who graduated from the school of hard knocks, attended the racetrack every day as a kid and grew into someone who's betting hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars a year. He's a 'chess master' in the world of horse racing, he's purchased houses, cars and fancy dinners and he's done it on monies that he's won at the windows. Is there really a difference between the greatest horseplayer and Bobby Fischer in the chess world? I mean, both games are 'chess matches' pretty much and last i checked, Bobby Fischer is in the Chess HOF. Fisher is just a 'customer' of Chess, he didnt invent the game, he was just a player, he was just a guy who went to a department store and purchased a chess board, he was a customer of the chess world and found his way into their HOF by being great at their game.

thaskalos
08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Andy Beyer should be inducted into racing's HOF...because he has done more to promote this game, than any horse, trainer, or jockey can possibly do.

Horseracing insiders may think that Beyer panders to the horseplayer...and has had little effect on the "business" of horseracing itself...but they could not be more wrong.

By singlehandedly bringing speed handicapping to the mainstream...Beyer has educated legions of racing fans, and the "business" of horseracing has benefited enormously as a result.

Couple that with Beyer's infectious enthusiasm for the game...and he clearly becomes the game's ultimate ambassador.

Greyfox
08-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Is there really a difference between the greatest horseplayer and Bobby Fischer in the chess world? I mean, both games are 'chess matches' pretty much and last i checked, Bobby Fischer is in the Chess HOF. Fisher is just a 'customer' of Chess, he didnt invent the game, he was just a player, he was just a guy who went to a department store and purchased a chess board, he was a customer of the chess world and found his way into their HOF by being great at their game.

For starters Bobby Fischer is dead. R.I.P.
Secondly chess pieces didn't move by themselves. He moved them.
A horse race will run whether or not a particular player bets it.
A small section in the HOF for fan appreciation might be warranted....might.
Putting individual horse players in is ludicrous.

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
For starters Bobby Fischer is dead. R.I.P.
Secondly chess pieces didn't move by themselves. He moved them.
A horse race will run whether or not a particular player bets it.
A small section in the HOF for fan appreciation might be warranted....might.
Putting individual horse players in is ludicrous.

So only 'alive guys' are allowed in hall of fames? Babe Ruth is dead also.

No difference between moving the chess piece and moving a dollar thru the windows. You're still pushing an object. :jump:

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I get what you're saying, but, on the same time let me pose this question. Lets compare a writer vs a horseplayer. A writer is a guy who went to journalism school and when he graduated, he might have been thrust into the racing industry by accident. Maybe he didnt want to specifically cover racing, but it was a job and that's what he was assigned to do. He didnt' know anything about racing, but learned along the way. He sat in the press box and wrote stories about racing. He stayed there for 40 years and then retired. He's a guy who just accumulated many friends along the way and was very well respected. He never put 1 dollar thru the machines and his job, for the most part, wasn't all that hard. The baseball hall of fame inducts umpires btw.

Now, lets look at the horseplayer candidate. This is a person who graduated from the school of hard knocks, attended the racetrack every day as a kid and grew into someone who's betting hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars a year. He's a 'chess master' in the world of horse racing, he's purchased houses, cars and fancy dinners and he's done it on monies that he's won at the windows. Is there really a difference between the greatest horseplayer and Bobby Fischer in the chess world? I mean, both games are 'chess matches' pretty much and last i checked, Bobby Fischer is in the Chess HOF. Fisher is just a 'customer' of Chess, he didnt invent the game, he was just a player, he was just a guy who went to a department store and purchased a chess board, he was a customer of the chess world and found his way into their HOF by being great at their game.

So are writers/journalists in the Baseball Hall of Fame? Sorry, but I don't know.

Yes, there's a huge difference between a bettor and Bobby Fischer. You said it yourself - he was a "player." A bettor is an observer. Do you think a loyal Yankees (or pick your team) fan who hasn't missed a home game in 50 yrs should be inducted into the Baseball HOF?

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 03:15 PM
So are writers/journalists in the Baseball Hall of Fame? Sorry, but I don't know.

Yes, there's a huge difference between a bettor and Bobby Fischer. You said it yourself - he was a "player." A bettor is an observer. Do you think a loyal Yankees (or pick your team) fan who hasn't missed a home game in 50 yrs should be inducted into the Baseball HOF?

Yes. If you read Baseball HOF's wikipedia page, you'll read THIS paragraph:

The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is an American history museum and hall of fame, located at 25 Main Street in Cooperstown, New York, operated by private interests serving as the central point for the study of the history of baseball in the United States and beyond, the display of baseball-related artifacts and exhibits, and the honoring of persons who have excelled in playing, managing, and serving the sport. The Hall's motto is "Preserving History, Honoring Excellence, Connecting Generations".

They induct people who 'serve the sport'. You can make the case that the fan who attended every game for 50 years served the sport in some way.

Depends on what your definition of 'serving the sport' entails.

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes. If you read Baseball HOF's wikipedia page, you'll read THIS paragraph:

The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is an American history museum and hall of fame, located at 25 Main Street in Cooperstown, New York, operated by private interests serving as the central point for the study of the history of baseball in the United States and beyond, the display of baseball-related artifacts and exhibits, and the honoring of persons who have excelled in playing, managing, and serving the sport. The Hall's motto is "Preserving History, Honoring Excellence, Connecting Generations".

They induct people who 'serve the sport'. You can make the case that the fan who attended every game for 50 years served the sport in some way.

Depends on what your definition of 'serving the sport' entails.

So are journalist in the Baseball HOF? I read your snippet from Wikipedia, but I still wasn't clear on your "yes" (if it was referring to my journalist question).

If the Baseball HOF has actually inducted a journalist, then I think it's fair for horse racing to bestow the same honor on Andy Beyer. Sorry JDL.

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 03:21 PM
So are journalist in the Baseball HOF? I read your snippet from Wikipedia, but I still wasn't clear on your "yes" (if it was referring to my journalist question).

If the Baseball HOF has actually inducted a journalist, then I think it's fair for horse racing to bestow the same honor on Andy Beyer. Sorry JDL.

I know umpires are inducted, i'm not sure, i'd have to get the list of members of the baseball HOF to see who's in there and who is not. Maybe i'll do it later when i have more time.

thaskalos
08-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Yes, there's a huge difference between a bettor and Bobby Fischer. You said it yourself - he was a "player." A bettor is an observer. Do you think a loyal Yankees (or pick your team) fan who hasn't missed a home game in 50 yrs should be inducted into the Baseball HOF?I disagree that the horseplayer is just an observer. I think that he is an active participant...like the horse, the trainer and the jockey.

Horseracing is a GAMBLING game, not a spectator sport...and as such, its life is dependent on the "liquidity" that the horseplayer provides.

If there were a Stock Market Hall Of Hame...do you suppose that some top traders and investors might also be inducted...or would the HOF only include Brokers, Analysts, CEO's, Investment bankers and mutual fund managers?

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I disagree that the horseplayer is just an observer. I think that he is an active participant...like the horse, the trainer and the jockey.

Horseracing is a GAMBLING game, not a spectator sport...and as such, its life is dependent on the "liquidity" that the horseplayer provides.

If there were a Stock Market Hall Of Hame...do you suppose that some top traders and investors might also be inducted...or would the HOF only include Brokers, Analysts, CEO's, Investment bankers and mutual fund managers?

Exactly. Warren Buffett should be in some sort of hall of fame for greatness and he's just a 'bettor'.

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I disagree that the horseplayer is just an observer. I think that he is an active participant...like the horse, the trainer and the jockey.

Of course it would include top traders. They're active participants. Again, bettors are not active participants, imo. They're observers. The primary active participants in racing are the horses, trainers and jockeys. I think most posters here believe they're treated rather shabbily at the track (perhaps rightfully so), so they want to elevate themselves to a status that is unwarranted (I'm not saying this applies to you - I haven't read enough of your posts).

Edited to add: horses!

Tom
08-14-2010, 03:33 PM
What about including veterinarians?

Saratoga_Mike
08-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Exactly. Warren Buffett should be in some sort of hall of fame for greatness and he's just a 'bettor'.

At its core the stock market is about investing and trading. At his core, Mr. Buffett is an investor. Therefore, he would merit consideration for a Stock Market Hall of Fame. But let's say he had made 20 investments in software companies over time (he has not) as a completely passive investor, and everyone one them radically outperformed the mkt. Would you consider him for the Software Hall of Fame? I would not. Again, the main players in horse racing are the jockeys, trainers and the horses of course (sorry left them out on my last post!). Does that mean bettors are unimportant or irrelevant? Absolutely not.

csperberg
08-14-2010, 03:39 PM
i could maybe see a fan, not just on betting alone, being honored on a local level, we do that here at the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers_Fan_Hall_of_Fame

csperberg
08-14-2010, 03:48 PM

December 15, 1958
Sport First, Business Second
That's the way it must be if racing is to stay healthy, as the brilliant 1958 season has again convincingly proved
Whitney Tower
"Nevertheless, racing, the matured sport and the thriving business, has reached a treacherous crossroad; it could easily make a wrong turn, and will, unless there emerges very soon a more spontaneous sense of responsibility on the part of the people who run it.
Racing was a sport long before it ever became a business, and fortunately, thanks to the minority of sportsmen still operating in positions of influence, there is still sport left—but not enough. If business ever gets completely the upper hand, it will be a sad day for many of us, and perhaps also for the businessmen"
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1003263/index.htmFebruary

I guess we just unfortunately live in the wrong time since it's clear they took the wrong turn, considering this was 52 years ago they raised the red flag

highnote
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM
When I was on the HANA board I brought up the idea of having a HANA convention. I thought that we might have an awards banquet dinner where the HANA members elected a bettor to a Horseplayer Hall of Fame. I don't see any reason why a bettor has to be in a racing HOF. A Horsplayer HOF works just as well. In fact, maybe a Horseplayers HOF is even more prestigious because it means the great horseplayer is recognized by his/her peers.

Pittsburgh Phil would be the first person listed on my ballot.

Not sure if HANA is going to have an annual convention, but I still think the convention idea has merit as well as a Horseplayer HOF.

andymays
08-14-2010, 05:54 PM
When I was on the HANA board I brought up the idea of having a HANA convention. I thought that we might have an awards banquet dinner where the HANA members elected a bettor to a Horseplayer Hall of Fame. I don't see any reason why a bettor has to be in a racing HOF. A Horsplayer HOF works just as well. In fact, maybe a Horseplayers HOF is even more prestigious because it means the great horseplayer is recognized by his/her peers.

Pittsburgh Phil would be the first person listed on my ballot.

Not sure if HANA is going to have an annual convention, but I still think the convention idea has merit as well as a Horseplayer HOF.

That would certainly be an interesting convention. I'm sure everyone would get along real well. :)

Heck, I would probably be the only voice of reason there. :D That's if Indulto doesn't show up. ;) :D

The over under is 5 minutes before somebody throws something at someone. ;)

InsideThePylons-MW
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
The over under is 5 minutes before somebody throws something at someone. ;)

I'm taking the under for the limit.

Also taking a stab on grenade at +350 to be the first thing thrown.

andymays
08-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm taking the under for the limit.

Also taking a stab on grenade at +350 to be the first thing thrown.

Yes, and I'd like a table near a wall or in a corner so nobody can sneak up behind me with piano wire. ;)

Greyfox
08-14-2010, 08:30 PM
What about including veterinarians?

Good point. They can speed up a horse. Horse flies have done their bit too.
Why not them?

WinterTriangle
08-14-2010, 10:59 PM

That's why people buy his books. Becoming an expert in your field means you've developed credibility. Those of us who use his information to play the stock market receive dividends when we're right.

I also buy Toyotas, so am part of the monetary engine that supports them, but I don't pretend to have the ability to create the technology...that's what their engineers do. They deserve their awards for excellence in their industry. I didn't create the industry by buying into it.

I donate to my local youth sports teams for uniforms, transportation, etc. However, I don't feel entitled to an award for that. The players and coaches are doing the work as participants.

HOWEVER, any bettor is free to write a book, give seminars, and create a tip sheet. From what I can see, the industry itself, in any endeavor, creates awards. Perhaps bettors can bond together, centralize, and create something like an awards program for themselves if they feel particular talents should be recognized.

As far as I know, there's nothing stopping anybody from forming such a group? :) My feeling is that instead of complaining about being recognized, be proactive..... by creating an industry-related group, with dues, a board of directors, a campaign, a Misson Statement, paid advertising, a website, etc.

H.A.N.A. people went thru the trouble to create their own association because they felt it was needed. I admire them for doing that because I know it was a lot of work. :ThmbUp:

Problem with any group that doesn't *affliliate* is that they will always be standing alone. Parimutuel wagering is "individuals versus individuals", so there is no real industry group to represent them, more like everyone on their own. I think Swetyjohn has it right when he mentioned "peer group".

menifee
08-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Pittsburgh Phil and Andrew Jackson (also President) would certainly be the first nominees.

Stillriledup
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Pittsburgh Phil and Andrew Jackson (also President) would certainly be the first nominees.

Now we're talking.

Pitt Phil would most certainly be inducted into the gambling HOF.

First ballot no less.

Robert Goren
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I would respectfully decline any nomination to the bettor's HOF. :D

duncan04
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Now we're talking.

Pitt Phil would most certainly be inducted into the gambling HOF.

First ballot no less.

Guess after a year it had to be brought back to the forefront! lol

On Spec
08-12-2011, 01:57 AM
I would respectfully decline any nomination to the bettor's HOF. :D

If nominated, I will not run.

If elected, I will not serve.

Sorry, I don't own a tux and I'm not about to start now!

Robert Goren
08-12-2011, 07:53 AM
To paraphrase Mo Udall
"If nominated, I shall run to Canada. If elected, I shall fight extradition."
Udall actual used Mexico in 1983, but I can imagine anyone running to Mexico these days.

Stillriledup
04-21-2013, 02:28 PM
What would a bettor have to do to be inducted into racing's hall of fame for outstanding achievement?

If a bettor hypothetically won the big NTRA tournament 3 out of 5 years ( or some other spectacular feat) should that person get a plaque in "cooperstown"?

thaskalos
04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
What would a bettor have to do to be inducted into racing's hall of fame for outstanding achievement?

If a bettor hypothetically won the big NTRA tournament 3 out of 5 years ( or some other spectacular feat) should that person get a plaque in "cooperstown"?
If a bettor is seeking public recognition...he is better served if he looks elsewhere rather than at the race track.

Stillriledup
04-21-2013, 05:29 PM
If a bettor is seeking public recognition...he is better served if he looks elsewhere rather than at the race track.

Some bettors would LIKE to see some public recognition, but they're not necessarily seeking it. Same as trainers....some trainers just want to train, stay out of the spotlight, be around the horses, not talk to the media and whatnut...but, if that trainer does an incredible job throughout his or her career, they will be elected to the hall of fame, even if they dont want to be. They arent necessarily seeking the hall of fame, but if their performance warrants it, they really have no say in the matter.

Whenever you see anyone elected to their sports hall of fame, they are normally humbled, with tears in their eyes and all choked up at their induction speech, i would have to imagine that elite handicappers wouldnt mind being inducted and receiving a shrine in racing's HOF for outstanding achievement.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Any bettor elected to the HOF would most likely not be worthy...it's the guys in the shadows who SHUN the spotlight...those are the ones worthy of enshrinement...but we'll never know about them...and that's the way they'd want it...

Stillriledup
04-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Any bettor elected to the HOF would most likely not be worthy...it's the guys in the shadows who SHUN the spotlight...those are the ones worthy of enshrinement...but we'll never know about them...and that's the way they'd want it...

The big question is if bettors got inducted, guys who arent as good as the ones who are shunning the spotlight, would those guys who were hiding, come OUT of hiding and raise their hand and say "im better than this guy who just got elected and i can prove it"?

Part of what you're saying, essentially, is that anyone who 'sells' their picks or gives away their information is not as good as some other people who are hiding behind the scenes.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2013, 07:35 PM
What I'm saying is that for the most part (there will always be exceptions), your TRUE winning players will never be heard from...

Stillriledup
08-11-2013, 02:12 AM
What I'm saying is that for the most part (there will always be exceptions), your TRUE winning players will never be heard from...

But, and this is a big but, if there WAS a hall of fame for players and horseplayers got showered with adulation, got called hall of famers and were treated with the respect that HOF trainers and HOF jocks get, maybe they WOULD come out of the woodwork to collect their just due.

The letters HOF is good to have on your resume. I dont think too many horseplayers would shun if their bronze bust was enshrined in "cooperstown".

appistappis
08-12-2013, 12:05 AM
They should have a bad beat hall of fame....they could have a bronze statue out front with a guy on his knees, clutching a racing form, quietly weeping. I suppose they would need an awful big building to hold all the honoree's.

Robert Goren
08-12-2013, 12:25 AM
I suppose there could be one for the contest players.

thaskalos
08-12-2013, 02:26 AM
Of course players should be allowed in horse racing's HOF...why not? The players are as much a part of the game as the trainers and the jockeys...and we have a trio of horse players whose accomplishments practically demand HOF recognition.

George E. Smith (a.k.a. Pittsburgh Phil)

Richard Carter (a.k.a. Tom Ainslie)

Andrew Beyer

The fans of this game are not mere spectators, they are active participants...and these three gentlemen have been an inspiration to all of us.

Calvin Borel is in the Hall for his contributions to this game...and Andy Beyer is not?

Stillriledup
08-12-2013, 02:56 AM
Of course players should be allowed in horse racing's HOF...why not? The players are as much a part of the game as the trainers and the jockeys...and we have a trio of horse players whose accomplishments practically demand HOF recognition.

George E. Smith (a.k.a. Pittsburgh Phil)

Richard Carter (a.k.a. Tom Ainslie)

Andrew Beyer

The fans of this game are not mere spectators, they are active participants...and these three gentlemen have been an inspiration to all of us.

Calvin Borel is in the Hall for his contributions to this game...and Andy Beyer is not?

Also, Andy has put more money thru the windows than Calvin, so in that sense, Andy "contributes" to the game 15 or 20 cents worth per dollar he wagers. (before rebates of course!)

Stillriledup
08-12-2013, 02:58 AM
They should have a bad beat hall of fame....they could have a bronze statue out front with a guy on his knees, clutching a racing form, quietly weeping. I suppose they would need an awful big building to hold all the honoree's.

This is funny. :D

jerry-g
08-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Yesterday at Saratoga, in the ™JCMabee-G2, the Hat spoke and said
Tiz Flirtatious (S 1) was going to win. I knew then I was on the wrong
horse, Lady Shamrock. Whenever that guy speaks, lots of people do
listen. It was said he can simply look at a form and in no time pick a
winner. I think he deserves to be in the bettors HOF.

Hoofless_Wonder
08-12-2013, 11:18 AM
SRU, I love it when you're living up to your handle.

Not sure what Hall of Fame you're referring to here for the ponies, but the first thing that comes up on Google is the "Official National Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame".

http://www.racingmuseum.org/hall-of-fame/

They have a "Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor" which includes inductees for the last three year, and Andy Beyer isn't listed. :eek:

That ain't right.

I'm shocked owners aren't eligible. They get Eclipse's though, right?

notoutofpounds
08-17-2013, 04:41 PM
I nominate Pete Rose

He had that Cat Thief Exacta a bunch of times

It's in his book

That would make two Halls of Fame, neither of which is Baseball.

Stillriledup
08-17-2013, 05:00 PM
I nominate Pete Rose

He had that Cat Thief Exacta a bunch of times

It's in his book

That would make two Halls of Fame, neither of which is Baseball.

I nominate anyone who bet on the winner of the 8th race today at the Spa and had the exacta.....those people are HOFers in my book.

Valuist
08-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Zeljko Ranogajec is one of the biggest and most successful horse bettors in the world. He's already in a Hall of Fame.....the Blackjack Hall of Fame.