PDA

View Full Version : Favorite PP?

MattB62
08-14-2010, 12:49 AM
What is your favorite PP style?

DRF-Traditional, EasyForm, Formulator?

Brisnet-Premium, Condensed, Ultimate, Quick Play?

Equibase-Trackmaster, Premium, etc.?

Right now, I'm learning the Tradiitonal DRF form while using the easy form quite a bit.

kenwoodall2
08-14-2010, 12:53 AM
I like custom DRF also.

letswastemoney
08-14-2010, 02:29 AM
There's not enough information in the EasyForm.

Sure, it has the beyer figures and some stats, but without the fractional times I don't see how you can make sense of what happened in the last race.

raybo
08-14-2010, 07:59 AM
What is your favorite PP style?

DRF-Traditional, EasyForm, Formulator?

Brisnet-Premium, Condensed, Ultimate, Quick Play?

Equibase-Trackmaster, Premium, etc.?

Right now, I'm learning the Tradiitonal DRF form while using the easy form quite a bit.

Of course, the answer to your question is one of personal preference. I personally prefer the DRF format. Why? Because, like many here who also started looking at PPs in the "dark ages", the DRF was the "Bible". And, the longer one uses whatever they started with, the more important it becomes that future formats resemble that original format. This is why, when I started designing handicapping spreadsheets, the first thing I did was design the final product, in other words, the final view needed to look like the DRF. Then I worked backwards in order to get the data in the right places.

Of course, most of us do evolve, check out someone else's work, see value in some of those other works, and wish to incorporate that new format into the existing "arsenal" of tools. Thus, the advent, by me of course, of the "AllData" Excel template which contains a traditional DRF formatted PP "view", albeit with Bris/TSN data, and also another view, similar to the DRF format but containing "Sartin" type velocity figures, and finally a "Summary" area containing a summary of the DRF view and also a summary of the "Sartin" view, and eventually to include a databasing function, for research.

One could, of course, add more views, which is the intent of my spreadsheet project. The user is free to make it whatever he/she wants or needs while leaving it open to future "evolution" by each individual user.

Robert Goren
08-14-2010, 08:05 AM
The great thing about bris is you can get it free if you bet at some ADWs.

RaceBookJoe
08-14-2010, 10:34 AM
38 years ago i started out with the DRF, a black pen and a red pen. The only change i have made is for some reason i stopped using the red pen. I have been thinking about going modern but just not sure which way to go. Formulator looks interesting, just not sure how in-depth i really want or need to make things. rbj

levinmpa
08-14-2010, 11:00 AM
No contest for me. Brisnet is #1.

Fingal
08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Of course, the answer to your question is one of personal preference

Definitely. As most people I started out with the traditional DRF, but then I migrated to the BRIS single file downloads. I can run them through a program, manipulate them through the filters on the Bris custom software & print out the pps the way I want. It's also a convenient layout for writing my figures.

duncan04
08-14-2010, 12:20 PM
When I go to the track its DRF. But really like Bris Ultimate PP's which i use when betting at home. Of course getting them free through Twinspires helps alot!!

Johnny V
08-14-2010, 12:29 PM
No contest for me. Brisnet is #1.
I agree.
For many years I used DRF virtually every day but switched over to Bris well over a year ago. I used the premium plus pp's and have just recently switched over to the ultimate pp's which I also like. The fact that my pp's are free for the tracks I bet on line are also a plus factor for me in using Bris.

therussmeister
08-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I like DRF because I find it easier to read, and I'm not sure why. If I could get BRIS formatted exactly like DRF I would.