PDA

View Full Version : A new Sheriff is heading to Nfld

RaceTrackDaddy
08-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Just heard as of August 20th, Tony Hall will be doing double duty as he will be driving at the Meadows during the day and race at night at the home of the flying turns at Northfield. Seems Dan Charlino will have some company up there.

Wonder if they will take turns driving up and back?
Tony Hall came from Northfield prior to racing at the Meadows so it should be a fun rest of the year!

sonnyp
08-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Just heard as of August 20th, Tony Hall will be doing double duty as he will be driving at the Meadows during the day and race at night at the home of the flying turns at Northfield. Seems Dan Charlino will have some company up there.

Wonder if they will take turns driving up and back?
Tony Hall came from Northfield prior to racing at the Meadows so it should be a fun rest of the year!

are they going for total heats won in a year ?? how far apart are those tracks ? i cant imagine the $$$$ would motivate them, neither place goes for that much .

RaceTrackDaddy
08-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Do not know about the heats but from the Meadows where the purses are high (Invite was $27k prior to the reduction due to state legislation for 2010 fiscal year) and Nfld which is low for their handle...

The distance usually took me about two hours and twenty minutes or so (129 miles) but I live 6 miles north of the Meadows...say 135 miles tops..plus now, the speed limit is higher than those days prior to simulcasting. We had to make the journey north to bet up there back then and limit was 55...They might need more time if they are hauling a loaded trailer with them.

markgoldie
08-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Merriman before his injury was making the trip on a regular basis. It's over 2 hrs. any way you cut it. The main benefit seems to me to be that the drivers drive better when they have all that activity, although Hall is subject to mental staleness. So I'm not sure how all this running around will affect him.

sonnyp
08-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Merriman before his injury was making the trip on a regular basis. It's over 2 hrs. any way you cut it. The main benefit seems to me to be that the drivers drive better when they have all that activity, although Hall is subject to mental staleness. So I'm not sure how all this running around will affect him.

cat manzi had a couple horses in my barn at a training ctr. in central new jersey when he was doing the freehold- meadowlands thing.

people have no idea, day in ...day out, 5 or 6 days a week, what it takes.

brutal, physical, demanding existence.

speed
08-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Just noticed you have the name of 1 of the all time trot drivers. Most underrated driver of trotters back in the 80's.

Brought back many great memories just now. Especially Gam Woa restaurant. No clue how to spell it though.

sonnyp
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Just noticed you have the name of 1 of the all time trot drivers. Most underrated driver of trotters back in the 80's.

Brought back many great memories just now. Especially Gam Woa restaurant. No clue how to spell it though.

the only guy that i can think of is "sonny patterson" ? is that the guy you were thinking of ?

yes, gam woa was the "apre- racing" gathering place for a lot of racetrackers. just accross the street on "old country road". great memories !!

speed
08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
the only guy that i can think of is "sonny patterson" ? is that the guy you were thinking of ?

yes, gam woa was the "apre- racing" gathering place for a lot of racetrackers. just accross the street on "old country road". great memories !!

Yup and Yup

RaceTrackDaddy
08-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Scorecard from Saturday's action

Dan Charlino: 4 wins, 2 place and 1 show
Tony Hall: 3 wins, 5 place and 2 show

Dan Charlino over Tony Hall in the exacta 3 times
Tony Hall over Dan Charlino in the exacta once.

Should be a lot of fun watching these guys go at it!.