PDA

View Full Version : TVG Interview. in a 1/2 hour

Suff
08-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Between the 8 and 9th race at Saratoga...in about 45 minutes..

I'm doing a Live interview with Greg Wolf on TVG. All about Paceadvantage and the Pace advantage saratoga getaway 2003. I've handicapped the race and he's asking me for the winner.

Show time.

Suff
08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
I smell an EMMY!

Pace Cap'n
08-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Suff

Caught your segment--you were great!

If I was a TVG host, I'd be on my toes--have they made you an offer yet?

Great plugs for the board, too.

Looking forward to making the trip next year.

Steve

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 07:36 PM
As long as there was no power failure or screw up at home, I will be able to post the interview for everyone to see later tonight. I don't get off work for another hour or so

PurplePower
08-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Great Ralph. I didn't get to my office at the track in time to see the interview. My cable co. doesn't carry TVG YET!!!! They gonna get tired of me calling every day, I hope.

cj
08-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
As long as there was no power failure or screw up at home, I will be able to post the interview for everyone to see later tonight. I don't get off work for another hour or so

Awesome Ralph, I didn't get to see it, can't wait!

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 10:51 PM
The High Quality Version of the Interview with Sufferindowns can be obtained from the location below.

Do not try to play this version from the server. Right Click on the link and choose "save as" save it locally. Then play it back.

A smaller version will be right up, as soon as I can upload it.

http://www.justralph.com

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 11:15 PM
The Low Quality Version of the Interview with Suff is up now.

It is a small download of only a meg or so. It is a little blurry but the audio is fine. I recommend the high quality version, but not everybody at once please. If it is downloading slow for you, consider coming back later. Thanks !

Somebody post and let me know if you get it alright.......

PurplePower
08-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks Ralph. Soon as I get home to my cable (and sound card) I will take a look. Got cable here but no sound card on this puter.

Zaf
08-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Ralph,

Just downloaded & watched the High Bandwidth version. Came out very well. Good job Ralph !! Thanks !!

And Great Job Suff !!!

ZAFONIC

Speed Figure
08-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks JR, That was a great interview Suff!! I wish i could come out and see you guys! :(

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 11:57 PM
http://www.justralph.com/pace_tvg.jpg

http://www.justralph.com/suff_w_caton_greg.jpg

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2003, 02:52 AM
I'm floored....speechless actually....

Fantastic!!! Thank you SO MUCH Suff and Ralph, Ralph and Suff for putting this all together on TVG.

That was great! And suff did a great job.

I was so, so busy today at work, that I could not take advantage of the gracious offer Suff made to me, giving me 1st crack at going on TVG...but, since the story was about the 'Toga party this weekend, and the 'Toga party is Suff's baby, I felt it was only right to let Suff be the official PA spokesman.

In any event, it all turned out great...can't wait for the weekend and the Travers!

==PA

Dave Schwartz
08-22-2003, 09:55 AM
I've got to put this guy in charge of my PR.

Dave

PurplePower
08-22-2003, 03:25 PM
I concur. We do a lot with TVG and I can tell you from experience that it is not just an easy phone call asking them to interview you online. We are one of their night time features when we have big QH stakes and we aren't always given that much telephone interview time. Congrats to Ralph, Suff and PA. After all PA, this all wouldn't be happening if you hadn't started this a long time ago and were willing to keep this board going. I am excited to be meeting all you guys. (And Ralph, I'm sure we'll cross paths somewhere in this racing world.)
Mac.

JustRalph
08-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I won't reveal all of my secrets, but it really didn't take much on my end. Thanks for the kind words.

Dave and Purple are on my short list with a few others who I want to visit someday. Purple, I have a brother in law in Houston who my wife has been buggin me to take her to visit. If I didn't hate the SOB so much you would have probably seen me by now. But someday I will give in (during the T-bred meet I am sure) and she can visit all she wants while I am at the track visiting Purple Power...................

Tom
08-22-2003, 08:43 PM
....Will Caton Brader be with Suff at the SPA this weekend???
Inquiring miods want to know! ;)

Show Me the Wire
08-22-2003, 10:31 PM
So will Doug.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

JustRalph
08-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Tom
....Will Caton Brader be with Suff at the SPA this weekend???
Inquiring miods want to know! ;)

TVG is not sending anyone to SAR this year. I checked with them a while back (I was trying to get live coverage of the Saratoga getaway) and they didn't give an explanation, just that it wasn't happening this year. ? ??

PurplePower
08-23-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Dave and Purple are on my short list with a few others who I want to visit someday. Purple, I have a brother in law in Houston who my wife has been buggin me to take her to visit. If I didn't hate the SOB so much you would have probably seen me by now. But someday I will give in (during the T-bred meet I am sure) and she can visit all she wants while I am at the track visiting Purple Power................... "Come on Down", Ralph.

VetScratch
08-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Well, Suff, as one of the least ardent admirers of you written posts, I have to admit that you did a masterful job on the air with TVG... you were as smooth as a talk-radio veteran, you had a pleasant voice, you sounded intelligent, and you were even cognizant of the interview timing considerations as the clock ticked down!

I listened to it twice... very impressed!

OK, so tell me how you pulled it off. Was that really you... or a Boston radio personality that you kidnapped? Are Bob and Ray still alive?

:) :)