PDA

View Full Version : BO SUPPORTS THE MOSQUE

HUSKER55
08-13-2010, 09:36 PM
IT WAS ON TV TONIGHT. NO SURPRISE HERE. WE HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT AGAIN.

WHEN DOES THE REVOLUTION START?

ANSWER: NEVER WILL. AMERICA WILL FALL WITHOUT ONE SHOT BEING FIRED.

ArlJim78
08-13-2010, 09:43 PM
this should surprise nobody. the only surprise is that it took him so long to come out and support it publicly.
Nice little info drop on a Friday night as he leaves town for a couple more vacations.

JustRalph
08-13-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm surprise he is not offering funding

Relwob Owner
08-13-2010, 09:45 PM
this should surprise nobody. the only surprise is that it took him so long to come out and support it publicly.
Nice little info drop on a Friday night as he leaves town for a couple more vacations.

Dont post on this side of the board much

Nor firmly on the left or the right

The mosque being there is a disgrace

newtothegame
08-13-2010, 09:50 PM
You have to ask yourself at what point does political correctness cross too many lines? Or, is this political correctness? This guy (Bo) continue to support through words and actions muslims.

And before you all go on a tirade and call me racist, war mongering, anti-american etc etc :lol: , let me say I fully understand this country was built on religeous freedoms.

Let me also say, I have no problem with a muslim practicing his religion.

Nor do I have a problem with the many mosque built around this country.

I do have a serious problem with the radicalism in this religion as well as other religions.

And when it starts to infringe on another person's rights and freedoms...well then something has to give.

This site being proposed is wrong place at wrong time in my opinion.

Sometimes I get the feeling they want a internal war which is happening throughout the states right now. You have the government suing states....

People more divided now then ever...

The left encouraging racism almost like never before....

The president...well doing nothing of value in my opinion.....

Congress OPENLY stealing from its constituents....

Something has to give.......

ArlJim78
08-13-2010, 10:07 PM
this president gets behind any and all causes that challenge or diminish the strengths of the US, or appear to jab a finger in the eye of traditional American values. people are divided and demonized, corporations and the economy strangled, the military cut back severely. any issue that comes along with popular support of the people, president kick-ass is always there on the opposing side.

maybe now they'll again move to try KSM in NYC so that he might be able to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony for the fredom mosque.

HUSKER55
08-13-2010, 10:32 PM
ISLAM IS A RELIGON, AND IT IS A POLITICAL DOCTRINE.

THAT ALSO WAS IN THE NEWS CAST.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Dave Schwartz
08-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Gee, I am so surprised.

newtothegame
08-13-2010, 10:49 PM
ISLAM IS A RELIGON, AND IT IS A POLITICAL DOCTRINE.

THAT ALSO WAS IN THE NEWS CAST.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I don't disagree Husk.....

Problem is, we as americans are always trying to be politically correct" versus using a little common sense and doing whats right (based on the people).
The president had NO business in this matter. Just as he had no business in the Harvard professor, CT police matter. There are many issues in which is not in the presidents realm, that he continues to inject his two cents in.

We have N korea, Iran, and many other issues which he NEEDS to be on top of, yet seems to fall big time short on.

Maybe he will invite the Imam over for a beer?

I would love to see a STRIP club opened right next door if this goes through.

They want to smear it in our faces...well smear it right back!

Dave Schwartz
08-13-2010, 10:54 PM
My guess would be that, if built, it will have to be re-built shortly thereafter.

Tom
08-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Now he will have something else to bow to. The pig.

In about 8 days, we are going to have to decide what country we support - Israel or the USA - when they attack Iran and take out that reactor.
We know BO will come down on the side of the terrorists seeing how he IS one himself.

I choose Israel. They will doing our job while we suck up to the islamic menace. And then go on yet another 10 day vacation on the taxpayer's tab. At least Bush had the decency to go this his own ranch and minimize the costs. This pig and his pig of a wife have no respect for theAmerican people.

TJDave
08-13-2010, 11:19 PM
My guess would be that, if built, it will have to be re-built shortly thereafter.

It will be built only if the unions in NYC want it done. NOTHING is trucked, dug, wired, mixed, craned, welded or protected in that city unless the unions do it or allow it.

Tom
08-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Aren't the unions all big Obama people?

boxcar
08-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't disagree Husk.....

Problem is, we as americans are always trying to be politically correct" versus using a little common sense and doing whats right (based on the people).
The president had NO business in this matter. Just as he had no business in the Harvard professor, CT police matter. There are many issues in which is not in the presidents realm, that he continues to inject his two cents in.

We have N korea, Iran, and many other issues which he NEEDS to be on top of, yet seems to fall big time short on.

Maybe he will invite the Imam over for a beer?

I would love to see a STRIP club opened right next door if this goes through.

They want to smear it in our faces...well smear it right back!

BO will probably fly over to Iran to "cut the ribbon" when the Ruskies load those hot rods into the reactor.

Boxcar

newtothegame
08-14-2010, 12:00 AM
BO will probably fly over to Iran to "cut the ribbon" when the Ruskies load those hot rods into the reactor.

Boxcar

Wouldn't surprise me especially since he is buying military hardware (helicopters from Russia ) for Afghanistan.

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Aren't the unions all big Obama people?The unions themselves are, but there a great many of their members who will not cross that line and help lay stone one on that building.

I predict this never happens.

JustRalph
08-14-2010, 01:41 AM
the project is slated to cost a hundred million too

where the hell are they gonna get the money ?

HUSKER55
08-14-2010, 02:35 AM
THEY ARE CALLED PRINTING PRESSES

ArlJim78
08-14-2010, 06:37 AM
even some so-called moderate Muslims are against the NY mosque, thought that it was too confrontational.

kind of lets you know where on the scale our president is. as far as Muslims go he's on the radical confrontational side of the spectrum.

it's time to face reality, we have the first jihadist president. a sleeper cell president committed to destroying the country from within. just like his mentor Bill Ayers called for way back when. he doesn't govern, or lead or build bridges or act like he cares about the concerns of "certain" groups. he destroys and divides and always has the concerns of Islam front and center as his top priority. about other religions he couldn't care less.

TheBid9
08-14-2010, 08:45 AM
A total disgrace the things this president supports. Jughead Obama just keeps spitting in the face of the American citizen! It truly is beyond belief the lengths this guy will go to in order to divide the American public. What are we waiting for, the day when police enter the mosque, find the little Koran instruction room off to the side and whoa! there's Jughead, in the corner, taping a piece of C4 into a shoebox? I find it scary that so many people bought this guy's crap and turned over this country to him and his band of "flying monkeys"!!!

illinoisbred
08-14-2010, 09:02 AM
In no way does any sense of American Heritage, History,and Sensibility course through this guys veins.

TheBid9
08-14-2010, 10:26 AM
In no way does any sense of American Heritage, History,and Sensibility course through this guys veins.

AMEN!!!

cj's dad
08-14-2010, 10:50 AM
By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer Erica Werner, Associated Press Writer

"As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," Obama told an intently listening crowd gathered at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

"That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances," he said. "This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakable."

More here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ground_zero_mosque_obama

Tom
08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
The unions themselves are, but there a great many of their members who will not cross that line and help lay stone one on that building.

I predict this never happens.

I hope you are right. And if they do, let's hope thousands more line up with them. This is one picket I will support.

cj's dad
08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Even my sister is p---ed off about this and she's a left wing wacko.

Tom
08-14-2010, 10:56 AM
By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer Erica Werner, Associated Press Writer

"As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," Obama told an intently listening crowd gathered at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

"That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances," he said. "This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakable."

Compare that speech to one on whitehouse.gov - go there and goggle "Easter." Compare the content of the two speeches and then tell me ehat he thinks about Christianity. This man is a PIG.

Robert Goren
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
This was big mistake by the president. While there is probably not much that can be done to stop it, that doesn't mean he or anyone else should not renounce it publicly. It is an insult to the people who died there. While I don't know the motives of the people behind it, I can't believe that they don't know that it is rubbing salt in an open sore. If they are trying to promote understanding of Islam, this certainly not the way to do it.

Relwob Owner
08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Compare that speech to one on whitehouse.gov - go there and goggle "Easter." Compare the content of the two speeches and then tell me ehat he thinks about Christianity. This man is a PIG.

Him doing it is a disgrace....it is also scary because it displays an amazing lack of common sense by him and the staff around him....you would think they would be smart enough to advise him to maybe just take the middle road on it and deflect it, knowing that it would cause an uproar....then again, these are the same idiots that have him going on shows like The View and American Idol to show off how hip he is....what a bunch of dopes

cj's dad
08-14-2010, 11:33 AM
This was big mistake by the president. While there is probably not much that can be done to stop it, that doesn't mean he or anyone else should not renounce it publicly. It is an insult to the people who died there. While I don't know the motives of the people behind it, I can't believe that they don't know that it is rubbing salt in an open sore. If they are trying to promote understanding of Islam, this certainly not the way to do it.

Isn't it a bit strange that his AG can get an injunction stopping Arizona's new immigration law from taking effect but this administration cannot stop and does not want to stop this monument to terrorism from being built.

NJ Stinks
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Him doing it is a disgrace....it is also scary because it displays an amazing lack of common sense by him and the staff around him....you would think they would be smart enough to advise him to maybe just take the middle road on it and deflect it, knowing that it would cause an uproar....then again, these are the same idiots that have him going on shows like The View and American Idol to show off how hip he is....what a bunch of dopes

One thing I absolutely love about Obama is his total disregard for his critics. You don't want the mosque? You are missing the point says Barack. And then he tells you why you are missing the point. You still disagree with him? Fine. He's not waiting for you to come around.

I said this before and I'll say it again. Obama and GWB are exactly the same when it comes to dealing with their critics. They don't care if you disagree with them and let you know they just don't care.

After 8 years of being ignored by Bush, it's a pleasure to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

Relwob Owner
08-14-2010, 12:22 PM
One thing I absolutely love about Obama is his total disregard for his critics. You don't want the mosque? You are missing the point says Barack. And then he tells you why you are missing the point. You still disagree with him? Fine. He's not waiting for you to come around.

I said this before and I'll say it again. Obama and GWB are exactly the same when it comes to dealing with their critics. They don't care if you disagree with them and let you know they just don't care.

After 8 years of being ignored by Bush, it's a pleasure to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

I didnt care for Bush either....I must ask what disregarding his critics has to do with the Mosque decision? Also, doesnt it seems like his critics are and will continue to be the people who he is supposed to represent?

GaryG
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Well, Barry Hussein had a chance to stand up and be an American. No surprise that his muslim roots prevailed. This will cost him and his party even more come November. Plenty of New Yorkers who lost loved ones at that site will now have to pass by and look at a damn mosque....a big one.

riskman
08-14-2010, 01:40 PM
It will be built only if the unions in NYC want it done. NOTHING is trucked, dug, wired, mixed, craned, welded or protected in that city unless the unions do it or allow it.

This is a good point. Many union tradesmen are sitting idly by due to the downturn in the economy. Once the construction bids are finalized for the proposed Cordoba House – the Islamic equivalent of a YMCA – in New York City will the tradesmen refuse to work or will they go outside with non union labor. Interesting problem here.

bigmack
08-14-2010, 01:51 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_14_10_10_47_34.jpg

ArlJim78
08-14-2010, 02:25 PM
One thing I absolutely love about Obama is his total disregard for his critics.
So you really must love Chris Christie then.

rastajenk
08-14-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm stunned that Ms. Burlingame would be stunned. I guess she has to phrase it that way, but I would bet that she really wasn't a bit surprised. What else could one really expect from this POS POTUS?

jognlope
08-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Placement of that mosque in lower Mahattan, up on 34th and Broadway, by Lindy's on 45th, up in Washington Park, it's still going to be a fully operational mosque. So it's in lower Manhattan, don't understand why they had to choose that spot, but so if it goes up 30 blocks, it's still going to have the same services. Actually just having Mayor Bloomberg say what Obama said as far as gaurding religious freedom would have been enough. The mosque is a matter for NYC officials to deal with.

TheBid9
08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Every time Jughead opens his mouth, I can hear the anguished cries of another Democratic incumbent!

fast4522
08-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Filthy

cj's dad
08-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Is it ironic that of 39 posts in this thread regarding BO's support of building the terrorist funded mosque at ground zero only 2 - repeat 2 (see posts 30 and 37) - have even remotely given tacit approval to BO's ass kissing response to the Cordoba mosque. Where are the left wing loonies on this statement ?????

Wake up America -

BO is a POS masquerading as the Commander In Chief.

God Help Us !!!

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Him doing it is a disgrace....it is also scary because it displays an amazing lack of common sense by him and the staff around him....you would think they would be smart enough to advise him to maybe just take the middle road on it and deflect it, knowing that it would cause an uproar....then again, these are the same idiots that have him going on shows like The View and American Idol to show off how hip he is....what a bunch of dopesBush was on American Idol as well (via tape, just like Obama) during their charity episode...

Let's Roll
08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Is it ironic that of 39 posts in this thread regarding BO's support of building the terrorist funded mosque at ground zero only 2 - repeat 2 (see posts 30 and 37) - have even remotely given tacit approval to BO's ass kissing response to the Cordoba mosque. Where are the left wing loonies on this statement ?????

Wake up America -

BO is a POS masquerading as the Commander In Chief.

God Help Us !!!
The loonies are content to be bystanders. No need for them to debate,they can only lose ground. They can not defend the indefensable.

The loonies drink from a barrel of Kool Aid with no bottom,as long as Conservatives are upset they smugly go along with Obama,even at the risk of losing thier own Rights,Liberty and Freedom.This is the bargain they made to have a party in power.

Tom
08-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Howzzat again?

NJ Stinks
08-15-2010, 01:37 AM
So you really must love Chris Christie then.

Christie has some good ideas. Throwing horseracing out with the trash isn't one of them.

JustRalph
08-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Christie has some good ideas. Throwing horseracing out with the trash isn't one of them.

sure it is. If that's what is best for NJ then he should trash it. There are bigger things than just horse racing. It would be one more group of tracks on the way to cutting them in half. Which is what we need.........

highnote
08-15-2010, 02:42 AM
I thought I read somewhere that NYC's Mayor Bloomberg supports the mosque, too. Can someone confirm that?

Pace Cap'n
08-15-2010, 07:29 AM
I thought I read somewhere that NYC's Mayor Bloomberg supports the mosque, too. Can someone confirm that?

online.wsj.com/article/ (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703545604575407673221908474.html?K EYWORDS=mosque+and+ground+and+zero)

GaryG
08-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Backpedaling for all he is worth as democrat candidates cringe and attempt to distance themselves from him.

Panama City, Florida (CNN) -- President Barack Obama told CNN Saturday that in defending the right of Muslims to build a community center and mosque near ground zero in a speech on Friday night, he was "not commenting on the wisdom" of the project.
His comments were seen as step back from the support he appeared to give the controversial project during a White House dinner on Friday, though a spokesman for the administration quickly moved to clarify the president's remarks.

TheBid9
08-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Backpedaling for all he is worth as democrat candidates cringe and attempt to distance themselves from him.

Panama City, Florida (CNN) -- President Barack Obama told CNN Saturday that in defending the right of Muslims to build a community center and mosque near ground zero in a speech on Friday night, he was "not commenting on the wisdom" of the project.
His comments were seen as step back from the support he appeared to give the controversial project during a White House dinner on Friday, though a spokesman for the administration quickly moved to clarify the president's remarks.

Just another nail in the Obama coffin!

Tom
08-15-2010, 11:40 AM
The cha cha cha president!
One step forward, two steps back.
Apparently, the only time the constitution is relevant is when it protects muslims. The door is wide open for any real reporters this week to connect some dots, or at least make the CNC look like an idiot.

This schmuck has no clue what he saying - he just reads whatever they put on the TOTUS.

delayjf
08-15-2010, 11:41 AM
That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan

Muslims have the right to practice their religion - they do not have the right to build a mosque any where they please.

Imagine if they do build the thing and it catches fire. The firemen and Police would probably show up with hotdogs and simores chanting

THE MOSQUE...THE MOSQUE...THE MOSQUE IS ON FIRE

WE DON'T NEED NO WATER, LET THE ...... BURN. :D

cj's dad
08-15-2010, 12:17 PM
It is to be named the "Cordoba" mosque which was built after the conquest of Cordoba by the muslims.

from Wiki:

"After the Islamic conquest of the [/url]Visigothic kingdomthe Emir Abdar Rahman[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_ar-Rahman_I"]I (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visigothic_kingdom) bought the church. Abd ar-Rahman I and his descendants reworked it over two centuries to refashion it as a mosque, starting in 784."

So, the Muslims are going to name this monument to terrorism after the site of one of their greatest conquests ?

Coincidence ? No way !

Greyfox
08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
For starters Obama is a buffoon for even touching this with a 10 foot pole.
It's not his issue, it's a local issue.
Secondly, the mosque is two blocks from ground zero, but you'd never know that from the media hype.
Thirdly, it is going to be a lightning rod for trouble if it is built even 2 blocks from the Trade Center.
My crystal ball sees nothing good coming out of this.
The builders are being bull headed re this location.

boxcar
08-15-2010, 01:56 PM
For starters Obama is a buffoon for even touching this with a 10 foot pole.
It's not his issue, it's a local issue.
Secondly, the mosque is two blocks from ground zero, but you'd never know that from the media hype.
Thirdly, it is going to be a lightning rod for trouble if it is built even 2 blocks from the Trade Center.
My crystal ball sees nothing good coming out of this.
The builders are being bull headed re this location.

Builders smuilders. It's not the builders who had the final say. It's the POLITICIANS in NYC (i.e. the mayor and the city council members). They are a despicable bunch of human debris for approving this. Hopefully, the union construction workers will picket the site and allow no work to be done. (And from what I've heard, "to a man" they oppose this plan.

Boxcar

RaceBookJoe
08-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I do have to give the president his props...at least he makes his own decisions and doesnt get swayed by what the majority wants. I just hope he come in for a free lunch at my Pork BBQ stand i am opening right next door to the mosque. :) rbj

JustRalph
08-15-2010, 02:33 PM
It is to be named the "Cordoba" mosque which was built after the conquest of Cordoba by the muslims.

from Wiki:

"After the Islamic conquest of the [/url]Visigothic kingdomthe Emir Abdar Rahman[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_ar-Rahman_I"]I (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visigothic_kingdom) bought the church. Abd ar-Rahman I and his descendants reworked it over two centuries to refashion it as a mosque, starting in 784."

So, the Muslims are going to name this monument to terrorism after the site of one of their greatest conquests ?

Coincidence ? No way !

I don't know why so many people cannot understand this? This is exactly what they are doing and even many Muslims have come out against it.

*Damn, even my spell checker forced me to Capitalize "Muslims" it's a damn conspiracy

lsbets
08-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Then why is he running away from what he said as fast as he can?

I think the guy who has handled this best (can't believe I'm saying this) is David Patterson. He said there is no legal basis to block the mosque, but it is a bad idea, and he will offer state help to relocate it.

It is a horrible idea to build the mosque there. It is not a center of unity of healing, it is a symbol of division. How anyone cannot see that is beyond me, but a lot of folks have abandoned good sense in the name of being nice.

HUSKER55
08-15-2010, 03:47 PM
oBVIOUSLY you do not understand the political doctrine of muslims.

911 was and will never be part of the consideration. The head honcho said so himself in an interview on cnn.

lets see 2+2=

bigmack
08-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Last I heard they were unwilling to hear-out Patterson. This is more than likely a PR stunt.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_15_10_13_00_00.jpg
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/13/2010-08-13_we_can_talk_about_move_sez_mosque.html

riskman
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
What I would like to know is where the funding is coming from to build this 13 story 100m project near Ground Zero.

I believe this question was asked previously ---

boxcar
08-15-2010, 05:50 PM
What I would like to know is where the funding is coming from to build this 13 story 100m project near Ground Zero.

I believe this question was asked previously ---

Unspent TARP money?

Boxcar

nijinski
08-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Unspent TARP money?

Boxcar
He is going around the world collecting .
A good chunk pf funding came from Malaysia.
I believe he is on his way to Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Lucky man that Imam Rauf , dosen't have to report his
exact sources.

I was born and raised in NY and this really bothers me.
I moved across the GW and know countless numbers of people here who have
lost a loved one in the attack.
I remember the fear we went through that day.My brother a school principal
trying to keep the calm amongst his students and faculty in the City , no one
allowed to leave.
How fast the Mayor and the President forgot the Target we were.
Nice , just make it easier for them. I'm disgusted!

boxcar
08-15-2010, 07:22 PM

So...you're okay with Mavericks as long as he or she is your kinda person? Of course, I like these types, too, whenever their position makes good sense.

Now...since this Mosque thing apparently makes good sense to you, would you care to explain it to us? It would help us to process and understand your deep "love" for the current Moron-in-Chief.

Boxcar

JustRalph
08-15-2010, 07:57 PM
He is going around the world collecting .
A good chunk pf funding came from Malaysia.
I believe he is on his way to Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Lucky man that Imam Rauf , dosen't have to report his
exact sources.

I was born and raised in NY and this really bothers me.
I moved across the GW and know countless numbers of people here who have
lost a loved one in the attack.
I remember the fear we went through that day.My brother a school principal
trying to keep the calm amongst his students and faculty in the City , no one
allowed to leave.
How fast the Mayor and the President forgot the Target we were.
Nice , just make it easier for them. I'm disgusted!

Whenever these type of decisions are made I always fall back to "what would those people who had to jump from the buildings say" They were the ultimate victims in the horrid events of that day. If they could have a say, what do you think it would be ?

nijinski
08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Whenever these type of decisions are made I always fall back to "what would those people who had to jump from the buildings say" They were the ultimate victims in the horrid events of that day. If they could have a say, what do you think it would be ?

Very Good Point JR.

GaryG
08-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I can see Barry Hussein pulling the strings from behind closed doors to make sure it IS NOT at that location. He acted stupidly again, shooting his mouth off just because he needs to be in the spotlight. Public reaction is overwhelming and it is time for damage control....again.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Now...since this Mosque thing apparently makes good sense to you, would you care to explain it to us? It would help us to process and understand your deep "love" for the current Moron-in-Chief.

Boxcar

Apparently you didn't comprehend what I wrote.

Tom
08-15-2010, 11:26 PM
They want to start the healing process?
They want to find common ground between us and the muslims?
They have a right to build it here, just like any other religion?

Not a chance, you frigging terrorist loving president - Not here they don't.
Not ever.

Screw the mayor and the president to HELL and back. There is no place in this country for either scumbag.

eCuuEJK5crM

nijinski
08-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Tom , How fast people forget .

How is it also that this Imam Rauf holds his stand so stubbornly
and not budge in light of all the pain he is is causing.

I really would like his full funding disclosed for his Cordoba

and Why is it I cannot publicly display my Bible in Saudi Arabia?

boxcar
08-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Apparently you didn't comprehend what I wrote.

I understood perfectly. You love BO because he's his own man. He's a "maverick". He's going against the public grain on this Mosque issue, so you must be in agreement with him. Therefore, why? Explain to us why you think it's such a good idea. Maybe some of us, too, will come to see the light and have a real....er...love fest for him.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
08-16-2010, 01:16 AM
I understood perfectly. You love BO because he's his own man. He's a "maverick". He's going against the public grain on this Mosque issue, so you must be in agreement with him. Therefore, why? Explain to us why you think it's such a good idea. Maybe some of us, too, will come to see the light and have a real....er...love fest for him.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Here's what Obama said the last couple days about the mosque. It's from an article in the Washington Post:

Speaking to a gathering at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Obama said that he believes "Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country."

Asked Saturday about the issue during his trip to Florida, Obama said: "I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making a decision to put a mosque there. I was commenting very specifically on the right that people have that dates back to our founding."

Obama said that "my intention was simply to let people know what I thought. Which was that in this country we treat everybody equally and in accordance with the law, regardless of race, regardless of religion."

I know you wish Obama or I said it was a good idea but he didn't and neither did I. Just so you know in no uncertain terms, I agree with everything he said above.

Here's the link to article pasted above:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/14/AR2010081403106.html

JustRalph
08-16-2010, 01:33 AM
The age of consent in Kentucky is 13 yrs old for girls

That makes screwing 13 yr old girls legal........

Just because it is legal.......doesn't make it right

bigmack
08-16-2010, 03:18 AM
The age of consent in Kentucky is 13 yrs old for girls

HUSKER55
08-16-2010, 04:33 AM
don't they also allow marring 2nd cousins?

JustRalph
08-16-2010, 04:35 AM

Ok, guess I will have to spend more time ole ky

It was 13 last case law I read

Btw, it can change with the bang of a gavel.

Tom
08-16-2010, 07:24 AM
and Why is it I cannot publicly display my Bible in Saudi Arabia?

What do you think the response if NYC put up a MANGER scene at that location?

newtothegame
08-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Here's what Obama said the last couple days about the mosque. It's from an article in the Washington Post:

Speaking to a gathering at the White House Friday evening to observe the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Obama said that he believes "Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country."

Asked Saturday about the issue during his trip to Florida, Obama said: "I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making a decision to put a mosque there. I was commenting very specifically on the right that people have that dates back to our founding."

Obama said that "my intention was simply to let people know what I thought. Which was that in this country we treat everybody equally and in accordance with the law, regardless of race, regardless of religion."

I know you wish Obama or I said it was a good idea but he didn't and neither did I. Just so you know in no uncertain terms, I agree with everything he said above.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/14/AR2010081403106.html

Ahh so what he is really saying is we need to stick to our founding principles.....OR....I thought he said those things like our Constitution was outdated??? Which is it??? Talk about wanting the cake and eating it too!!!

Ahhhh wait...I know, this one fits the agenda...so its ok to keep our founding principles!

delayjf
08-16-2010, 10:03 AM
One thing I absolutely love about Obama is his total disregard for his critics.

THE TEA PARTY IS GOING TO LOVE THIS. The cliché - the straw that broke the camel's back has never seemed so apropos.

ArlJim78
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Obama, the great communicator and brilliant political tactician, will be paying the price for this one for some time to come, as will his party. He makes a very clear supportive statement on Friday at his Iftar dinner, and goes out of his way to say that religious freedom means that Muslims are free to build a mosque even in lower Manhattan. The crowd applauds. Now most people including the press assumed that he was supporting the ground zero mosque because of his direct reference.

But not so fast there hold on to your hats, a firestorm develops around him from all sides, even within his own party, so he takes a break from miniature golf the next day, and rushes out to clarify his perfectly clear remarks from the night before. Now he says he won't comment on the wisdom of building that mosque, that he was only talking about the right to build it. and this is what some people call standing up to his critics? There is no debate about the right to build it, only the insensitivity of it, and he knows it. so this way he gets to once again do what he is famous for and vote "present". He is trying to have it both ways and he thinks we're all stupid enough to fall for it.

later that same night another White house spokesman had to clarifiy Obama's clarification, saying that he still stands behind what he said on friday night. and because of Obama making this now a national issue, it will not go away and it becomes an election issue that I'm sure most democrats did not welcome.

I'm just waiting for his proposal to hold a beer summit to smooth things over.

boxcar
08-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Are you a, dumb mindless drone? I don't give two flips what BO said. I know what he said. I want to hear what YOU have to say. You said that you LOVE this guy because he stands up to his opposition. You love him because he's a "maverick", and you have said this in the context of the topic of this thread. So, evidently, you agree with his support and endorsement of the plans to build a mosque at Ground Zero. I want to know why YOU think building this mosque at that particular site is such a great idea.

Boxcar

newtothegame
08-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Obama, the great communicator and brilliant political tactician, will be paying the price for this one for some time to come, as will his party. He makes a very clear supportive statement on Friday at his Iftar dinner, and goes out of his way to say that religious freedom means that Muslims are free to build a mosque even in lower Manhattan. The crowd applauds. Now most people including the press assumed that he was supporting the ground zero mosque because of his direct reference.

But not so fast there hold on to your hats, a firestorm develops around him from all sides, even within his own party, so he takes a break from miniature golf the next day, and rushes out to clarify his perfectly clear remarks from the night before. Now he says he won't comment on the wisdom of building that mosque, that he was only talking about the right to build it. and this is what some people call standing up to his critics? There is no debate about the right to build it, only the insensitivity of it, and he knows it. so this way he gets to once again do what he is famous for and vote "present". He is trying to have it both ways and he thinks we're all stupid enough to fall for it.

later that same night another White house spokesman had to clarifiy Obama's clarification, saying that he still stands behind what he said on friday night. and because of Obama making this now a national issue, it will not go away and it becomes an election issue that I'm sure most democrats did not welcome.

I'm just waiting for his proposal to hold a beer summit to smooth things over.

Not too mention, to come out and say this during the Muslim day of Ramadon (sp)...we know damn good and well where his intentions were...just as the muslims intention for this site!

JustRalph
08-16-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/muslim-leaders-to-abandon-plans-for-ground-zero-community-center-1.308426

canceling the Mosque according to rumors

GaryG
08-16-2010, 05:28 PM
If this relocation does come to pass you know damn well that Barry Hussein will take credit for it....

bigmack
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/muslim-leaders-to-abandon-plans-for-ground-zero-community-center-1.308426

canceling the Mosque according to rumors
It has to be true, Harry has turned and his finger is constantly wet & in the wind.

President Obama's staunchest ally in the Senate broke with the president today over the controversial Islamic center planned for a site near Ground Zero, and said he is opposed to its construction.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-seize-ground-mosque-campaign-issue/story?id=11411490

boxcar
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't count on this just yet. When has BO backed down to public opinion? He hates real Americans. He'd be loathe to switch course. This thing is just a rumor as of right now.

Boxcar

RaceBookJoe
08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
It has to be true, Harry has turned and his finger is constantly wet & in the wind.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-seize-ground-mosque-campaign-issue/story?id=11411490

I think that has more to do with his senate race vote than anything. rbj

slewis
08-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Not too mention, to come out and say this during the Muslim day of Ramadon (sp)...we know damn good and well where his intentions were...just as the muslims intention for this site!

What a knucklehead... Dont you have some oily shrimp to wash?

slewis
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't count on this just yet. When has BO backed down to public opinion? He hates real Americans. He'd be loathe to switch course. This thing is just a rumor as of right now.

Boxcar

:lol: Why dont you give everyone YOUR definition a "real American".:lol: :lol:

slewis
08-16-2010, 08:44 PM
This controversy is playing right into the hands of our enemy...and our POLs are too stupid to realize so they take the bait.

They know the American laws, they have become well schooled in how to play the media...and use it to cause havoc..

You guys are playing right into their hands.....

Here's the deal:

If they have the funds and will, by law there is nothing to stop them. So if everyone would just shut up, they wouldn't be able to use this as a tool to further their cause.

Secondly, you can bet the FBI and CIA are carefully watching where funding for this project will come from...which it probably never will.
(In case people on PA dont know, regardless of their tax exempt status, property in that area of lower Manhattan is $$$$$ expensive).

So whether your on the right or left.....keep up the crying....that's just what the towel heads want.

bigmack
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Hold it right there, Slewie. You're singing bogus information.

The white shrimp season off the Gulf Coast opened today for the first time since BP's oil disaster, but are the crustaceans safe to eat?

Though the FDA, the NOAA and the state have officially OK'd fishing off the waters of Louisiana, many Americans and even local fisherman are wary of eating shrimp that have spent months living in oily water.

ABC News sent samples of shrimp caught off the Gulf Coast last week to Texas Tech, where scientists tested every edible part of the shellfish for the presence of oil and dispersant.

The verdict?

"We were not able to find any evidence of oil residues," said Ron Kendall, director of the Texas Tech's department of environmental toxicology. Oil dispersants were also absent. http://blogs.abcnews.com/nightlinedailyline/2010/08/is-gulf-seafood-safe-to-eat-.html

Watch it or next time they'll be fines & suspensions. :rolleyes:

slewis
08-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Hold it right there, Slewie. You're singing bogus information.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/nightlinedailyline/2010/08/is-gulf-seafood-safe-to-eat-.html

Watch it or next time they'll be fines & suspensions. :rolleyes:

I saw this report Mack and it's great news..

We should all thank Allah.:lol:

(Had to keep the post somewhat on thread)

jognlope
08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
There is already a mosque right near ground zero that has been operating for years.

boxcar
08-16-2010, 10:18 PM
:lol: Why dont you give everyone YOUR definition a "real American".:lol: :lol:

A real American is someone who cherishes Freedom, Individual Liberties and Capitalism and last but not least believes in the Rule of Law and that the Law of the Land is the U.S. Constitution. Now, go back and play in your sandbox, SL because any one of these ideals is way beyond your comprehensive ability.

Boxcar

Jay Trotter
08-16-2010, 10:25 PM
I went to Google Maps and punched in "sushi restaurant near pearl harbor, hawaii" and found ten locations....

http://www.myalohavibe.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/787/logo.jpg

I'm wondering when the first one was built and if there were any protests?

slewis
08-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey everyone....remember this???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11474440/

newtothegame
08-16-2010, 11:36 PM

Don't you have a horses ass to stick your head in????

slewis
08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
A real American is someone who cherishes Freedom, Individual Liberties and Capitalism and last but not least believes in the Rule of Law and that the Law of the Land is the U.S. Constitution. Now, go back and play in your sandbox, SL because any one of these ideals is way beyond your comprehensive ability.

Boxcar

Until a judge rules out of your favor....then you revert to the New Testament as the Law of the Land.

The height of hypocracy.

slewis
08-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Don't you have a horses ass to stick your head in????

You're correct...I really should get back to work.

So far at this Saratoga meet, we've only won two races and settled for a third place finish in the Whitney.....

Then on the other hand, we've only had 5 starts....so I guess I'll have more fun abusing you and Boxcrap.:jump:

newtothegame
08-16-2010, 11:52 PM
You're correct...I really should get back to work.

So far at this Saratoga meet, we've only won two races and settled for a third place finish in the Whitney.....

Then on the other hand, we've only had 5 starts....so I guess I'll have more fun abusing you and Boxcrap.:jump:

You know the sad part slew....if you wanted to have logical discussions, I would more then welcome that. but, when all you have to say is belittling comments, all you will get back in return from me is belittling comments. I can play that game well too. It's no biggie to me.

I would much prefer logic and reason...but hey...what can I say. You must of spent one too many days in the barn smelling chit for reason and logic...so have at it. Just don't expect me to say nothing...that will NOT happen!

bigmack
08-17-2010, 12:13 AM
What a shame. Are you Fein or the bald one?
(Nevermind, with a name like Carlson he wouldn't be allowed to work on WS)

You must have a good Gene Stevens story or 3 to share.

slewis
08-17-2010, 12:15 AM
You know the sad part slew....if you wanted to have logical discussions, I would more then welcome that. but, when all you have to say is belittling comments, all you will get back in return from me is belittling comments. I can play that game well too. It's no biggie to me.

I would much prefer logic and reason...but hey...what can I say. You must of spent one too many days in the barn smelling chit for reason and logic...so have at it. Just don't expect me to say nothing...that will NOT happen!

How can you say you want to have a logical discussion when you post something like this?
What do you think our President...like him or hate him...meant here?
What correlation to Ramadan did his statements to the press have?

Some secret Muslim code?

Im waiting for one of you guys to say there are two "Hotline" phones in the oval office... One dials directly to Putin...in case of emergency...
The other directly to Bin Laden.....for tomorrows instructions....

slewis
08-17-2010, 12:16 AM
What a shame. Are you Fein or the bald one?

You must have a good Gene Stevens story or 3 to share.

Neither.....Fein was down at Monmouth with C C's Pal.

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 12:27 AM

How can you say you want to have a logical discussion when you post something like this?
What do you think our President...like him or hate him...meant here?
What correlation to Ramadan did his statements to the press have?

Some secret Muslim code?

Im waiting for one of you guys to say there are two "Hotline" phones in the oval office... One dials directly to Putin...in case of emergency...
The other directly to Bin Laden.....for tomorrows instructions....

Ok since you asked....and I will answer, but let me ask you this.
Do you think it a sensative issue? I am aware of the law and I am aware this country was based in religeous freedoms..(see my early post in this thread).
But, do you think it a sensativity issue? If not, then why has there been threads on this very forum about the "stars and bars"? They all talk about sensativity and what people THINK the southern flag represents. Course I debunked that...and the thread died.

Secondly, why do you think the president had ANY concern in this issue?
As I have said previously, I find it very curious he gets involved in such matters as professors and CT police, muslim mosque, buying soviet aircraft, american world apology tours, etc etc.
yet true WORLD problems like IRAN and N Korea...(except for a few words of rhetoric)...silence. Does the president not know his role or has his teleprompter gone astray?????

With all of the above...and plenty more too add on if ya like...don't you find it curious that this issue has been in the news for weeks yet the president chose THAT time to speak about it? Coincidence??? Possibly but I don't believe so. Just as I do not believe it a coincidence the site that this IMAM chose. The mosque in a much less sensative place would hardly get any attention....and your right, this is what the muslim world wants to use as propoganda. But I think your on the wrong side of that propoganda...they need to see that there are just some lines you don't cross!!

slewis
08-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Ok since you asked....and I will answer, but let me ask you this.
Do you think it a sensative issue? I am aware of the law and I am aware this country was based in religeous freedoms..(see my early post in this thread).
But, do you think it a sensativity issue? If not, then why has there been threads on this very forum about the "stars and bars"? They all talk about sensativity and what people THINK the southern flag represents. Course I debunked that...and the thread died.

Secondly, why do you think the president had ANY concern in this issue?
As I have said previously, I find it very curious he gets involved in such matters as professors and CT police, muslim mosque, buying soviet aircraft, american world apology tours, etc etc.
yet true WORLD problems like IRAN and N Korea...(except for a few words of rhetoric)...silence. Does the president not know his role or has his teleprompter gone astray?????

With all of the above...and plenty more too add on if ya like...don't you find it curious that this issue has been in the news for weeks yet the president chose THAT time to speak about it? Coincidence??? Possibly but I don't believe so. Just as I do not believe it a coincidence the site that this IMAM chose. The mosque in a much less sensative place would hardly get any attention....and your right, this is what the muslim world wants to use as propoganda. But I think your on the wrong side of that propoganda...they need to see that there are just some lines you don't cross!!

Do I think it's a sensitive issue you ask?
I guess you've never read previous posts on other threads on this subject that I've made.
I used to work on the 84th floor of the WTC.... Everyone who worked on my trading desk is dead. EVERYONE. Those (in my firm)that made it out alive picked the correct (of two) staircases. Everyone else perished.

I doubt there is ANYONE on PA who this (or any other 9/11 issues) hits harder than me.

But lets get something straight... The issue here is NOT the Mosque. The underlying issue is that our leaders have had an "open door" policy for decades. Anyone comes in...and stay as long as you please to "make a life for yourself"... "find the American Dream". Now we have many hard working foreigners. Whoopty do. Along with those, we've also been infiltrated with those that want to kill us.... Because of this failed open door policy.
For cheap labor...or whatever excuse Washington wants to give us.

FOR YEARS before 9/11...I, at work, was constantly handed memos from our buildings owners..that it was IMPERATIVE to have your WTC ID at all times because our Govt had credible intel that an attack was coming....
They didn't know how...but they knew it was coming...

Even after all of this disaster...big business still wants a parade of cheap labor to flow in.... and if a few bad guys slip in too....oh well, wrong place wrong time.

No Newby, the Mosque purchase/construction is protected by law.... but if I really had things MY way, it would never be an issue.

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Do I think it's a sensitive issue you ask?
I guess you've never read previous posts on other threads on this subject that I've made.
I used to work on the 84th floor of the WTC.... Everyone who worked on my trading desk is dead. EVERYONE. Those (in my firm)that made it out alive picked the correct (of two) staircases. Everyone else perished.

I doubt there is ANYONE on PA who this (or any other 9/11 issues) hits harder than me.

But lets get something straight... The issue here is NOT the Mosque. The underlying issue is that our leaders have had an "open door" policy for decades. Anyone comes in...and stay as long as you please to "make a life for yourself"... "find the American Dream". Now we have many hard working foreigners. Whoopty do. Along with those, we've also been infiltrated with those that want to kill us.... Because of this failed open door policy.
For cheap labor...or whatever excuse Washington wants to give us.

FOR YEARS before 9/11...I, at work, was constantly handed memos from our buildings owners..that it was IMPERATIVE to have your WTC ID at all times because our Govt had credible intel that an attack was coming....
They didn't know how...but they knew it was coming...

Even after all of this disaster...big business still wants a parade of cheap labor to flow in.... and if a few bad guys slip in too....oh well, wrong place wrong time.

No Newby, the Mosque purchase/construction is protected by law.... but if I really had things MY way, it would never be an issue.

Glad we got that cleared Slew...and with the exception of one thing...I agree wholeheartedly.

BIG BUSINESS is where I have the issue. Do they do what you mentioned?? Yes, without a doubt. But, they do not control the borders! They are not the ones who regulate the hiring practices. They do NOT enforce government laws which have created those loopholes you speak of.
They merely live within the laws which are provided for them. And if they break the laws, then they should be punished to the fullest extent.

You and I both know that not only this administration, but many have failed to enforce laws regarding the borders. It's an issue now due to the economic climate. So this president is tasked with that, like it or not. And he is failing miserably as he is showing that he wants amnesty. Now you can use whatever term you like but, the facts are he and this administration will not enforce the laws. They would rather go after a state trying to enforce it.

P.S I feel greatly for your losses of your friends. I truly do.

slewis
08-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Glad we got that cleared Slew...and with the exception of one thing...I agree wholeheartedly.

BIG BUSINESS is where I have the issue. Do they do what you mentioned?? Yes, without a doubt. But, they do not control the borders! They are not the ones who regulate the hiring practices. They do NOT enforce government laws which have created those loopholes you speak of.
They merely live within the laws which are provided for them. And if they break the laws, then they should be punished to the fullest extent.

You and I both know that not only this administration, but many have failed to enforce laws regarding the borders. It's an issue now due to the economic climate. So this president is tasked with that, like it or not. And he is failing miserably as he is showing that he wants amnesty. Now you can use whatever term you like but, the facts are he and this administration will not enforce the laws. They would rather go after a state trying to enforce it.

P.S I feel greatly for your losses of your friends. I truly do.

Oh Newby, Newby.....

I'm actually starting to like you....

Newby, you see they DO control the borders....and they DO write the GOVT laws. Just in an INDIRECT way.

See Newby, through the power of LOBBYING and political bribery, I mean contributions, BIG BUSINESS decides what goes on at the borders and how hard the labor laws are enforced.

Any idea of the position of the US chamber of commerce regarding border and labor control?

Come on, I know you know this stuff.... and it's not a Rep or Dim thing.... they're ALL in on the gig......

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Oh Newby, Newby.....

I'm actually starting to like you....

Newby, you see they DO control the borders....and they DO write the GOVT laws. Just in an INDIRECT way.

See Newby, through the power of LOBBYING and political bribery, I mean contributions, BIG BUSINESS decides what goes on at the borders and how hard the labor laws are enforced.

Any idea of the position of the US chamber of commerce regarding border and labor control?

Come on, I know you know this stuff.... and it's not a Rep or Dim thing.... they're ALL in on the gig......

I agree!!! That's why I have said from day one on the political front that ALL in congress with an (I) behind their name need to go. I know the lobbying that takes place although maybe not as much as you. But I do understand money runs this. That's why I have been ALL for political reform.

There needs to be campaign laws (firm) in place. Term limits... Lobbyist laws....etc etc... But at every turn I hear it can't be done.

Why? The tea party...although I do not agree with them on everything...started in no time flat and is a major movement that now has politicians running for their lives. The people can do anything if they put their mind to it.

With the decisiveness that this administration has caused, there may not be a better time then now.

slewis
08-17-2010, 02:05 AM
I agree!!! That's why I have said from day one on the political front that ALL in congress with an (I) behind their name need to go. I know the lobbying that takes place although maybe not as much as you. But I do understand money runs this. That's why I have been ALL for political reform.

There needs to be campaign laws (firm) in place. Term limits... Lobbyist laws....etc etc... But at every turn I hear it can't be done.

Why? The tea party...although I do not agree with them on everything...started in no time flat and is a major movement that now has politicians running for their lives. The people can do anything if they put their mind to it.

With the decisiveness that this administration has caused, there may not be a better time then now.

Wont happen..... The dynamics (ethnicity, culture, population) of the country have changed too drastically and are now tilted away from the white conservative vote/leadership that could leverage those changes.
There will be NO changes in immigration unless there is complete amnesty for those here with no recourse and no fines and conservatives and Repugs will never agree to that. But again Newby, stall tactics are exactly what Big Bus wants.... so this works perfectly for them.

jognlope
08-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I had to deactivate facebook because I have a native American woman claiming Obama wants the country "to be taken over by Muslims" She won't stop, she's like stalking me. And last night I reactivated for about 10 minutes and she got me again, a long windy email saying she felt "so so so so so so so so sad" for me because I agreed with some of Obama's policies.
"Masjid Manhattan, on Warren Street, four blocks from ground zero, was founded in 1970. Masjid al-Farah, formerly on Mercer Street, moved to its present location on West Broadway, about 12 blocks from ground zero, in 1985. Both mosques — essentially one-room operations — routinely turn people away for lack of space." From NY Tmies.

lsbets
08-17-2010, 10:12 AM
I had to deactivate facebook because I have a native American woman claiming Obama wants the country "to be taken over by Muslims" She won't stop, she's like stalking me. And last night I reactivated for about 10 minutes and she got me again, a long windy email saying she felt "so so so so so so so so sad" for me because I agreed with some of Obama's policies.
"Masjid Manhattan, on Warren Street, four blocks from ground zero, was founded in 1970. Masjid al-Farah, formerly on Mercer Street, moved to its present location on West Broadway, about 12 blocks from ground zero, in 1985. Both mosques — essentially one-room operations — routinely turn people away for lack of space." From NY Tmies.

Were either of those mosques placed in a location where part of the weapons used to attack the WTC landed? Were either of those mosques named for the location of one of Islams greatest conquests in Europe? There is nothing benign about this mosque. There is nothing unifying about this mosque. Anyone who thinks this mosque is a good idea is simply an idiot.

jognlope
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Well 51 Park Place is hardly ground zero, you have to wind through streets. It's kind of a seedy block, has a shop with PORN in big neon letters right beside it and another shop is for "sexy lingerie," has a neon sign of a woman doing something in her little teddy. I can't see any visitors from ground zero making their way over there. I used to work at Lehman Brothers, then a hospital by the seaport. I was on my lunch hour, as usually wandering up Fulton St in all the discount boutiques and looked up and saw smoke. It was 12:15. That was the first bombing.

Usually the people from ground zero there to pay their respects, drift down the opposite direction of Park Place on Water st. to the South St. seaport complex.

jballscalls
08-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Were either of those mosques placed in a location where part of the weapons used to attack the WTC landed? Were either of those mosques named for the location of one of Islams greatest conquests in Europe? There is nothing benign about this mosque. There is nothing unifying about this mosque. Anyone who thinks this mosque is a good idea is simply an idiot.

I think it's actually a community center and not a Mosque by definition.

but there are lots of other places to build, i think building there is just insensitive to too many folks

boxcar
08-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Well 51 Park Place is hardly ground zero, you have to wind through streets. It's kind of a seedy block, has a shop with PORN in big neon letters right beside it and another shop is for "sexy lingerie," has a neon sign of a woman doing something in her little teddy. I can't see any visitors from ground zero making their way over there. I used to work at Lehman Brothers, then a hospital by the seaport. I was on my lunch hour, as usually wandering up Fulton St in all the discount boutiques and looked up and saw smoke. It was 12:15. That was the first bombing.

Usually the people from ground zero there to pay their respects, drift down the opposite direction of Park Place on Water st. to the South St. seaport complex.

I would bet this is the only time in your entire life you have cast "PORN" and "sexy lingerie" shops in a negative light. Outside the context of 9/11 and this proposed mosque, I venture to say you have never cast these kinds of moral aspersions upon these kinds of business. Am I warm here? I bet outside this context, you were just fine with these businesses. But now you use them to try to show that this mosque is not anymore evil than these businesses when previously the thought never entered your mind to associate these businesses with any kind of immoral practices?

And one more thing about your utterly lame attempt at drawing a moral equivalency parallel: The shop owners didn't fly airplanes into buildings. The shop owners aren't murderers. The shop owners didn't kill innocent people in cold blood. The shop owners in all probability aren't Muslims who hate the "great Satan".

Boxcar

jognlope
08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
No not even close to warm, just mentioning. Casting aspersions by mentioning. Wow you guys need to get hobbies.

boxcar
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
No not even close to warm, just mentioning. Casting aspersions by mentioning. Wow you guys need to get hobbies.

So, why were you trying to make a moral equivalency between those shop owners and the Muslim enemies of America? Explain that to me, please.

Boxcar

jognlope
08-17-2010, 02:24 PM
No just that a tourist from Idaho is not likely to want to visit that block and therefore, won't see or hear from the mosque. They aint' going that direction. They going down the street to the seaport to see the ships and eat chichi food and buy expensive boutique items. Or hop the ferry to the status of Liberty. The mosque won't interfere with any sentiment surrounding ground zero. This was just a big media hype, nothing more.

ArlJim78
08-17-2010, 02:30 PM
The manager of Al-Arabiya tv comes out against the NY mosque (http://www.aawsat.com/english/news.asp?section=2&id=21980), and makes a good argument.

I cannot imagine that Muslims want a mosque on this particular site, because it will be turned into an arena for promoters of hatred, and a symbol of those who committed the crime. At the same time, there are no practicing Muslims in the district who need a place of worship, because it is indeed a commercial district.

Obama, Bloomberg, and Hamas remain strident supporters.

jognlope
08-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Then I wouldn't go to Teeneck, NJ, because it has plenty of mosques and Main street is practically an international restaurant site. And what do you know, those Teeneck people seem okay.

Muslims died on 911, too, in their offices of the twin towers.

Tom
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I went to Jersey once - still have flashbacks to this day.

lsbets
08-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Jog - I'll be more direct about my questions which you have conveniently chosen to ignore. You seem to think this mosque, or community center, is nothing other than innocent.

Why did they choose that particular building where pieces of one of the planes that hit the WTC ended up? It might not be the site of the WTC, but that building is certainly a part of the attack.

Why the name Cordoba initiative? The conquest of Cordoba is one of the great celebrated moments of the Muslim invasion of Europe. They built the Cordoba mosque on the site of the main Christian Church in the city. The Cordoba mosque stood as a monument to their conquest.

Since you feel everything there is so innocent and benign, perhaps you could address the concerns rising from the two very valid questions posed above.

ArlJim78
08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
the Cordoba initiative was meant to erect a giant shiny victory symbol next to ground zero, to stick a finger in the eyes of westerners and to stand as a symbol of Islamic conquest. there is no Muslim demand for it in that area, it is nothing less than pure provocation. if you are blind to that i can't help you

jognlope
08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I have no idea. But then what about the two mosques already down there near ground zero.

lsbets
08-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I have no idea. But then what about the two mosques already down there near ground zero.

I don't think either of those two questions apply to those other mosques. Surely you can see that, right?

Can you answer the questions raised about the Cordoba Initiative?

bigmack
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
KO can take over for her:

QZpT2Muxoo0

riskman
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM

The company I worked for occupied 9 floors at 2WTC the south tower. All floors were above the impact point. Yes, there is another on PA who understands that delay meant death that fateful day. I lost many friends and associates in addition two of my friends who were firefighters died that day.
I agree with most of your post. How these bastards got in the country in the first place says a lot about our immigration laws. It all starts there.

cj's dad
08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Is Mostposttoasties related to Keith Olbernazi ??

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't think either of those two questions apply to those other mosques. Surely you can see that, right?

LS, your asking a question of someone who does NOT want to see what is right in front of them. You won't get that reply directly.
What jog doesnt want to see is the other mosque's had nothing to do with this incident.
What jog does NOT want to see is that THIS site was picked for a particuliar reason.
A particuliar name...
A particuliar date of opening...
Sometimes ya just can't see the forest through the trees unless you want too!!

lsbets
08-17-2010, 10:02 PM
LS, your asking a question of someone who does NOT want to see what is right in front of them. You won't get that reply directly.
What jog doesnt want to see is the other mosque's had nothing to do with this incident.
What jog does NOT want to see is that THIS site was picked for a particuliar reason.
A particuliar name...
A particuliar date of opening...
Sometimes ya just can't see the forest through the trees unless you want too!!

Its obvious job does not want to see the truth about this so called community center. But as she continues to rail on and on about it, I will continue to ask her the same questions. Maybe she will start to think, maybe not, but others who do not know all the facts as it relates to this mosque might see the truth.

hcap
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/17/ground-zero-imam-helped-f_n_685071.html

'Ground Zero Mosque' Imam Helped FBI With Counterterrorism Efforts

In March 2003, federal officials were being criticized for disrespecting the rights of Arab-Americans in their efforts to crack down on domestic security threats in the post-9/11 environment. Hoping to calm the growing tempers, FBI officials in New York hosted a forum on ways to deal with Muslim and Arab-Americans without exacerbating social tensions. The bureau wanted to provide agents with "a clear picture," said Kevin Donovan, director of the FBI's New York office.

Brought in to speak that morning -- at the office building located just blocks from Ground Zero -- was one of the city's most respected Muslim voices: Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf. The imam offered what was for him a familiar sermon to those in attendance. "Islamic extremism for the majority of Muslims is an oxymoron," he said. "It is a fundamental contradiction in terms."

...Feisal Abdul Rauf was dispatched on speaking tours by the past State Department on multiple occasions to help promote tolerance and religious diversity in the Arab and Muslim world. In 2007, he went to Morocco, the UAE, Qatar and Egypt on such missions, a State Department official confirmed to the Huffington Post.

A moderate Sufi with an excellent understanding of world affairs

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/17/ground-zero-imam-helped-f_n_685071.html

In March 2003, federal officials were being criticized for disrespecting the rights of Arab-Americans in their efforts to crack down on domestic security threats in the post-9/11 environment. Hoping to calm the growing tempers, FBI officials in New York hosted a forum on ways to deal with Muslim and Arab-Americans without exacerbating social tensions. The bureau wanted to provide agents with "a clear picture," said Kevin Donovan, director of the FBI's New York office.

Brought in to speak that morning -- at the office building located just blocks from Ground Zero -- was one of the city's most respected Muslim voices: Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf. The imam offered what was for him a familiar sermon to those in attendance. "Islamic extremism for the majority of Muslims is an oxymoron," he said. "It is a fundamental contradiction in terms."

...Feisal Abdul Rauf was dispatched on speaking tours by the past State Department on multiple occasions to help promote tolerance and religious diversity in the Arab and Muslim world. In 2007, he went to Morocco, the UAE, Qatar and Egypt on such missions, a State Department official confirmed to the Huffington Post.

Your right cap' , I am not sure what all of us were possibly thinking...I mean the insensativities are really just more of our own insecurities.

I mean I am sure that all of this "extremism" is just mischaracterized by us on the right.

really harmless people with a harmless religion. Never mind the fact that Sharia (sp) law goes totally against THIS countries constitution...what possibly are we thinking on the right.

Forget the fact that this is the site of the world trade center (hallowed ground even in the presidents words). Why don't we just use Arlington national Cemetary?? I mean alot of clean green space. So we just toss a few graves aside...no biggie...right??

We're already paying with tax dollars the funding for this IMAM trip so he can garner more funding...hell he is almost like a brother!!!

Why not just have him move in with ya?? I am sure after all of the lefts convincing that he just wants "brotherly love"...so why not show him the true reality of America and how hospitable we are??? You've probably got a spare room that YOU can take and let them have the house!

:bang:

nijinski
08-17-2010, 11:04 PM

Well his true colors came shining through.
This is also the same man who refuses to take sides when discussing Hamas!

Tom
08-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Imam Obama?
You mean .....the Kenyen?

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 11:36 PM
And what's even funnier.....is all you on the left railing about this muslim mosque.....WHAT ABOUT THE GREEK ORTHODOX THAT WAS THERE??? Why is the port authority holding it up from rebuilding??? I have yet to hear one of you from the left about that???

What about the public funding in our tax dollars for this IMAM's world fund raising trip???

bigmack
08-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Dial-up the ol' HuffPuffPost and they'll tell ya how to spin this guy. Good work as usual, hcap. :rolleyes:

Further in the 'article' appeared:

Then there is the interview he gave to CBS's "60 Minutes" shortly after the 9/11 attacks occurred. "I wouldn't say that the United States deserved what happened," he said by way of explaining the attacks. "But the United States' policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."

Crime? Accessory?

slewis
08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
And what's even funnier.....is all you on the left railing about this muslim mosque.....WHAT ABOUT THE GREEK ORTHODOX THAT WAS THERE??? Why is the port authority holding it up from rebuilding??? I have yet to hear one of you from the left about that???

What about the public funding in our tax dollars for this IMAM's world fund raising trip???

Newby....what point are you driving at hcap regarding the Port Authority and the Greek church?... Could you be more specific?

newtothegame
08-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Newby....what point are you driving at hcap regarding the Port Authority and the Greek church?... Could you be more specific?

Not necessarily at cap but, anyone on the left who is in support of this mosque.

Ive heard about the president saying that this country was founded on religeous beliefs and the right to practice those beliefs (in support of the muslim mosque).

So, with that being the case....why has the Greek orthodox church not been rebuilt yet? It was there prior to the attacks and was destroyed when one of the towers collopsed on it. The Archdioscese wants it rebuilt...the congregation wants it rebuilt...previous governor of NY has come out and condemned the Port Authority for not allowing this to progress...so my question is....

Whats wrong with the greek church? Do they not have the same religeous freedoms???

Where is the outcry from the left to rebuild that ?

slewis
08-17-2010, 11:51 PM
The company I worked for occupied 9 floors at 2WTC the south tower. All floors were above the impact point. Yes, there is another on PA who understands that delay meant death that fateful day. I lost many friends and associates in addition two of my friends who were firefighters died that day.
I agree with most of your post. How these bastards got in the country in the first place says a lot about our immigration laws. It all starts there.

Really really sorry.....for both of us....and all who've suffered.

slewis
08-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Not necessarily at cap but, anyone on the left who is in support of this mosque.

Ive heard about the president saying that this country was founded on religeous beliefs and the right to practice those beliefs (in support of the muslim mosque).

So, with that being the case....why has the Greek orthodox church not been rebuilt yet? It was there prior to the attacks and was destroyed when one of the towers collopsed on it. The Archdioscese wants it rebuilt...the congregation wants it rebuilt...previous governor of NY has come out and condemned the Port Authority for not allowing this to progress...so my question is....

Whats wrong with the greek church? Do they not have the same religeous freedoms???

Where is the outcry from the left to rebuild that ?

The proposed land of the Mosque is NOT owned by the Port Authority.

The land the Church wanted to build would be a lease ..on PA property.

NOTHING is being constructed yet down there.... So the church will have to wait...or find another site to lease.

Mayor Bloomberg is trying to work something out... But keep in mind that the Port Authority of NY-NJ is not really a Govt agency...it's more like a franchise. (If I remember correctly).

It's not like the Gov is kissing the ass of one religion and smacking down another.

newtothegame
08-18-2010, 12:09 AM
The proposed land of the Mosque is NOT owned by the Port Authority.

The land the Church wanted to build would be a lease ..on PA property.

NOTHING is being constructed yet down there.... So the church will have to wait...or find another site to lease.

Mayor Bloomberg is trying to work something out... But keep in mind that the Port Authority of NY-NJ is not really a Govt agency...it's more like a franchise. (If I remember correctly).

It's not like the Gov is kissing the ass of one religion and smacking down another.

Thanks for clearing a few things up....

And although you see and know more about the projects in that area due to location...(and I respect your opinions on them)....

Why did BO stick his nose in this one...ultimately that's what burns my azz! if he is going to make a point for one (that happens to be muslim) , why not the other as well?

Personally, I think if they want to build the mosque, learning center, or whatever its called, fine! But not on THAT ground!

Move em to an outlier area...some where thats not so sensative.
Also rebuild the greek church! It was there PRIOR, and I am not sure what is the leases and clauses..but make a home for them too!

My whole issue comes down on this POTUS and his poor decision making and choices of when to make them.

When I see stories of yours and the other person who LIVED that nightmare...I just see it as a spit in your face as well as others. And we may disagree...thats ok...but too me, thats SACRED ground now!

Honestly, I would imagine that property in NY city is very hard to come by in that area...but if the government wants to do the right thing...Nationalize it and put a memorial there for all those who lost loved ones. Seems to me to be the only just thing to do!

newtothegame
08-18-2010, 12:17 AM
August 16, 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Alex Kushnir
Alex@DemosforCongress.com (alex@DemosforCongress.com)

Port Authority Lies about Ground Zero Church

http://www.georgedemosforcongress.com/refresh/tiny_mce/plugins/imagemanager/images/Chris_Ward_Port_Authority.jpgBrookhaven, NY- George Demos, the Conservative Republican Candidate for Congress in New York's First Congressional District, responded to the Port Authority's dishonest statement in the Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703723504575425613931039720.html) about the Demos campaign's call to rebuild the Ground Zero Church, and called on Tim Bishop to break his silence on the Mosque and Church.

George Demos said:

"Our campaign recently called it an outrage that the Port Authority is blocking the rebuilding of St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church destroyed on September 11 by Islamic extremists while our own government facilitates a trophy Mosque nearby.

After our campaign's national media interviews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Q_Ai_c7eY) and extensive press coverage, the Port Authority finally responded to the Wall Street Journal that 'the Church has the right to rebuild at any time (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703723504575425613931039720.html). '

How disgraceful, disingenuous, and disrespectful for Port Authority Director Chris Ward to instruct his spokesman to lie to the American people.

The Port Authority demanded that the Church relinquish its deed to the property which the Church rightfully refused in the absence of a binding contract to rebuild in another location. Without the Church's permission, the Port Authority nevertheless excavated the land where the Church stood. For the last year, the Port Authority has refused to meet with Church officials and is now reneging on its commitment to rebuild the Church.

Our own Congressman Tim Bishop refuses to listen to his constituents on this issue of national significance and is afraid to comment on the Mosque or the Church, other than to cavalierly dismiss the matter as a 'local land use issue. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703723504575425613931039720.html)' Even President Obama disagreed with Tim Bishop's assessment when he offered his own imprudent comments on Friday.

As our Congressman, I will never be afraid to take a stand on issues of national importance and I will always fight hard to hold our government accountable for its actions. We may tolerate religious differences, but we will not tolerate our Judeo-Christian values being disrespected by our own government."

http://www.georgedemosforcongress.com/refresh/templates/in_the_news.php?id=81

slewis
08-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for clearing a few things up....

And although you see and know more about the projects in that area due to location...(and I respect your opinions on them)....

Why did BO stick his nose in this one...ultimately that's what burns my azz! if he is going to make a point for one (that happens to be muslim) , why not the other as well?

Personally, I think if they want to build the mosque, learning center, or whatever its called, fine! But not on THAT ground!

Move em to an outlier area...some where thats not so sensative.
Also rebuild the greek church! It was there PRIOR, and I am not sure what is the leases and clauses..but make a home for them too!

My whole issue comes down on this POTUS and his poor decision making and choices of when to make them.

When I see stories of yours and the other person who LIVED that nightmare...I just see it as a spit in your face as well as others. And we may disagree...thats ok...but too me, thats SACRED ground now!

Honestly, I would imagine that property in NY city is very hard to come by in that area...but if the government wants to do the right thing...Nationalize it and put a memorial there for all those who lost loved ones. Seems to me to be the only just thing to do!

Firstly, BO has been saying a lot of stupid things lately. He would be much better off staying out of something like this because whatever he says is just going to be spun.

Secondly, regarding your second post, I didn't realize (nor am I sure) if the church owns the property. ..or if they lease it. If they own it, the problem with building now is right to access streets/sidewalks...which are probably surrounded by property owned by (and access blocked to)the Port Authority. So they could hold things up. But this guy you bring up is a typical politician spinning the truth here. The PA is not allowing ANY construction in the area until everything is being agreed and approved by all the power players in NY. This guy, (who happens to be a RW conservative) is way off base. Dont get me wrong...he could be a flaming left winger as well....but this is just the type of crap that MUST stop in this country if we're ever going to right the sinking ship.

The Mosque situation has NOTHING to do with the church situation...and the reasons the PA are blocking any construction down at ground zero are NOT in the same political spectrum as this Mosque debate.

newtothegame
08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
And if you OPPOSE the mosque.....

Well Pelosi wants to find YOU!!!

Nancy Pelosi Joins the Fringe Mosquerade (http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/08/17/nancy-pelosi-joins-the-fringe-mosquerade/)

Posted by Erick Erickson (http://redstate.com/erick/)

Tuesday, August 17th at 11:34PM EDT

Ladies and gentlemen, we have come through the looking glass.

Tonight on KCBS radio in San Francisco, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi began calls for investigations (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/aug/17/audio-rep-pelosi-calls-investigation-wtc-mosque-op/) into opponents of the Ground Zero mosque.

Aligning herself with the fringe — a group of people no larger than those who think 9/11 was an inside job and those who think Barack Obama is a foreign born Manchurian candidate — Pelosi said, “There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded.”

Kerry Picket has more on this fringe mosquerader (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/aug/17/audio-rep-pelosi-calls-investigation-wtc-mosque-op/) at the Washington Times. Someone might want to ask Pelosi if she also thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

http://redstate.com/

newtothegame
08-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Firstly, BO has been saying a lot of stupid things lately. He would be much better off staying out of something like this because whatever he says is just going to be spun.

Secondly, regarding your second post, I didn't realize (nor am I sure) if the church owns the property. ..or if they lease it. If they own it, the problem with building now is right to access streets/sidewalks...which are probably surrounded by property owned by (and access blocked to)the Port Authority. So they could hold things up. But this guy you bring up is a typical politician spinning the truth here. The PA is not allowing ANY construction in the area until everything is being agreed and approved by all the power players in NY. This guy, (who happens to be a RW conservative) is way off base. Dont get me wrong...he could be a flaming left winger as well....but this is just the type of crap that MUST stop in this country if we're ever going to right the sinking ship.

The Mosque situation has NOTHING to do with the church situation...and the reasons the PA are blocking any construction down at ground zero are NOT in the same political spectrum as this Mosque debate.

One way or another, they need to find their way through this mess...

And as previously mentioned, I personally hope that the land stays SACRED and un-mollested where it can be politicized. Your right...the WH brought this upon themselves. It was already a sensative issue....now its a NATIONAL sensative issue.

newtothegame
08-18-2010, 01:03 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz081710dAPR20100817024556.jpg

boxcar
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz081710dAPR20100817024556.jpg

This regime no longer gets its power from the consent of the governed. The governed are too stupid to know what is right and wrong, according to Ruling Class. Instead, government gets its power from its own consent.

Most people never wanted ObamaCare? So, what? Ram it through anyway.

Most people in this country side with AZ on the immigration issue. So, what? Sue the state and screw the citizens of the state and pay no heed to the security of the citizens -- or even to national security issues.

Most people in this country are opposed to a mosque being built at Ground Zero. So what? Let's ram it down the throats of New Yorkers and the entire country because it's the politically correct thing to do.

See a pattern here, folks?

Boxcar

GaryG
08-18-2010, 06:02 PM
The Speaker weighs in....another vast conspiracy...:lol:

From Fox News:
Never mind that the overwhelming majority of 9/11 victim families opposes building the mosque so close to such hallowed ground. Ms. Pelosi evidently believes these families have formed some kind of vast right wing conspiracy to inflict sensitivity upon those who would kow-tow to a controversial Muslim cleric.

"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some,” Ms. Pelosi said in comments captured by Kerry Picket of the Washington Times’ Water Cooler blog. “And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque is being funded."

Greyfox
08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some,” Ms. Pelosi said in comments captured by Kerry Picket of the Washington Times’ Water Cooler blog. “And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque is being funded."

:rolleyes: She's not too bright. She should find out who is funding the mosque first.

bigmack
08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Arguably, most folk think locally. This issue doesn't have much impact on their lives but from what I can tell they side with the families/friends of the victims of 9/11.

Yeah, we have religious freedom. Yeah, people should be able to set-up shop where they choose. But if the people that suffered the most would like to have some distance between where their loved ones perished and a center/Homasque for the religion of those that annihilated them, I, and many of us, feel their wants should be respected.

Would be nice in a way to feel some camaraderie amongst us Americans & have a Pres and Speak'r who could see some value & respect for the will of Amercians and for us to diplomatically find another site. No dice.

Olbermann, Maddow, Matthews, Pelosi, Obama & all the rest try to portray us as haters and xenophobes because we'd like to do right by those we love as our countrymen.

If we can view America as a team there are some that aren't much in the way of team players.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4905978592_9bdfbf6586.jpg

ArlJim78
08-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Pelosi is a fascist. She should call up Harry Reid and find out who is funding his opposition to the mosque. Next she can check in with Howard Dean to see if he is getting his funding from the same source as Harry.

riskman
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
bigmack--Nice post. You hit the nail on the head.
This time on this issue, isn't ironic how the conservatives plea for government to save us from the infidels.
Regardless of whether Cordoba House is built or not, this will be an unqualified success for the self-serving politicians and their media mouthpieces.

GaryG
08-18-2010, 08:41 PM
The emperor could not resist showing his Ramadan muslim brothers that he is still one of them. D'OH!

newtothegame
08-19-2010, 12:14 AM
And now its being reported that the IMAM and supporters of the mosque center will NOT even discuss options for other locations......!!! Hmmm kind of makes ya wonder even further what the intent is (in case ya havent already figured it out) :bang:

Canadian
08-19-2010, 12:27 AM
The emperor could not resist showing his Ramadan muslim brothers that he is still one of them. D'OH!

He's not Muslim at all. You're making stuff up again.

boxcar
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
He's not Muslim at all. You're making stuff up again.

He said he was once. You need to listen to better.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Two years into his presidency and across the board fewer people believe that Obama is a Christian, and "a substantial and growing" number of people believe he is a Muslim. Even among Democrats the number that think he is a Christian has nose dived. And this data was taken before his Iftar dinner remarks about the ground zero mosque, so its sure that it will drop even more.
__________________________________________________ __
From Pew Research. (http://people-press.org/report/645/)
A substantial and growing number of Americans say that Barack Obama is a Muslim, while the proportion saying he is a Christian has declined. More than a year and a half into his presidency, a plurality of the public says they do not know what religion Obama follows.

http://people-press.org/reports/images/645-1.pngA new national survey by the Pew Research Center finds that nearly one-in-five Americans (18%) now say Obama is a Muslim, up from 11% in March 2009. Only about one-third of adults (34%) say Obama is a Christian, down sharply from 48% in 2009. Fully 43% say they do not know what Obama’s religion is. The survey was completed in early August, before Obama’s recent comments about the proposed construction of a mosque near the site of the former World Trade Center.

GaryG
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Anyone who listened to that fool Wright for all those years is no kind of a Christian. He preached a message of "down with whitey" while using the Lord's Name in vain to curse the USA from his pulpit. Barry Hussein knew he could not get elected if he admitted to being a muslim, but there are more tell tale signs all the time.

NJ Stinks
08-19-2010, 09:47 PM
If we can view America as a team there are some that aren't much in the way of team players.

And Riskman said you nailed it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are a riot. Your team can only hope to obstruct. I say hope because you couldn't even stop healthcare reform. :rolleyes:

With teammates like you (re: the GOP) I would just as soon play the PGA tour. No freakin' teammates.

Tom
08-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I say hope because you couldn't even stop healthcare reform. :rolleyes:

It think it went more like that YOU guys barely passes it, even with both houses and the WH you could BARELY get it by,

Don't worry, we will gut it as soon as DC is fumigated.

NJ Stinks
08-19-2010, 10:05 PM
It think it went more like that YOU guys barely passes it, even with both houses and the WH you could BARELY get it by,

Don't worry, we will gut it as soon as DC is fumigated.

It goes without saying that I thought the same thing in 2004.

Tom
08-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Yes, and here we are in 2010, talking about extending the Bush tax cuts, upping the ante in Afghanistan, realizing the benefits of the Bush surge.....

Don't mess with me this week, NJ, I am operating under the influence of the cleansing SPA waters. Oh yeah~! :kiss::lol:

bigmack
08-19-2010, 10:21 PM
With teammates like you (re: the GOP) I would just as soon play the PGA tour. No freakin' teammates.
That's quite alright, CandyPants. While it had little to do with partisanship and more to do with citizen camaraderie, it's clear there is no team for you.

I've heard science is making strong advances. Have you been tested for idiocy?

NJ Stinks
08-19-2010, 11:30 PM
That's quite alright, CandyPants.

Not bad, Bismarck. :ThmbUp:

newtothegame
08-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Islamic Infiltration ?????

The Muslim Brotherhood is leading the way for radical Muslims to infiltrate American society and government. Their goal is simple: control the United States and impose Shariah law.

In A.D. 622, Muhammad was forced to flee to Medina from his birthplace in Mecca, where the ruling tribe, the Quraysh, had come to see his preaching and proselytizing as a threat. While in Medina, he amassed a following of Bedouin warriors who swarmed to his banner to participate in the conquest and plunder of the smaller cities dotting the surrounding Arabian landscape. In 630, Muhammad’s armies surrounded Mecca and forced its unconditional submission. All organized resistance on the Arabian Peninsula then collapsed, bringing it under Islamic military domination.

In their book "Muslim Mafia," coauthors David Gaubatz and Paul Sperry expose the Muslim Brotherhood as the worldwide, Saudi government-funded Islamist hand behind all Sunni terrorist groups and the world’s largest and most dangerous stateless organization. They reveal the Brotherhood’s plan for the eventual Islamic domination of the United States and strategy to follow the example of the prophet after "he fled to Medina."

WEAKNESS IN THE FACE OF A THREAT

While there are reasons to be encouraged by the administration’s Afghanistan offensive, many serious observers of America’s war with militant Islam see reasons for alarm. A case in point -- the Fort Hood Massacre. It was shocking enough to learn that the American domestic military establishment cannot even protect its own troops inside the United States. But what seemed even more shocking was the fact that the country’s most senior Army officer, Gen. George Casey, publicly stated that the attack caused him to be more worried about harm to the military’s diversity than the disgrace that failed to prevent such an appalling waste of lives. Many fear our superpower status is rapidly ebbing away and, shockingly, at the behest of our own government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryKelley/2010/08/19/islamist_infiltration

plenty more at the link......

LottaKash
08-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Islamic Infiltration ?????

The Muslim Brotherhood is leading the way for radical Muslims to infiltrate American society and government. Their goal is simple: control the United States and impose Shariah law.

WEAKNESS IN THE FACE OF A THREAT

A case in point -- the Fort Hood Massacre. It was shocking enough to learn that the American domestic military establishment cannot even protect its own troops inside the United States. But what seemed even more shocking was the fact that the country’s most senior Army officer, Gen. George Casey, publicly stated that the attack caused him to be more worried about harm to the military’s diversity than the disgrace that failed to prevent such an appalling waste of lives. Many fear our superpower status is rapidly ebbing away and, shockingly, at the behest of our own government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryKelley/2010/08/19/islamist_infiltration

plenty more at the link......

What really burns my ass is that this "SCUMBAG MURDERING MAJOR" who blatantly, in "cold-blood", in view of numerous witnesses, killed 13-of our innocent "American Soldiers" and wounded another 33 more during his personal "Jihad", AND, he is still receiving $7 or $8K a month pay while being incarcerated.....

Furthermore, this "SOB" is asking for his $15K incentive "bonus", and is suing the gov't as well as the banks that are unwilling to cash his paychecks...

"unbelievable"....

The Bible is clear about what to do about "murderers"....He should have been shot on the spot, period....(I mean, how many lawbreakers are shot and killed on the spot for so, so much less of a crime)

As for the Mosque at ground zero....As,"spiteful and hateful," as can be....

GaryG
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Thank you President Obama....you have shown the kind of courage and leadership in this matter that will help us bury liberals at the polls in November. Please keep up the good work. We would love to see you here in Carter County when you have the time. Maybe you can break out that hokey chittlin accent.

Greyfox
08-20-2010, 02:59 PM
The clip below screams volumes. He said it..

bMUgNg7aD8M

boxcar
08-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Anyone who listened to that fool Wright for all those years is no kind of a Christian. He preached a message of "down with whitey" while using the Lord's Name in vain to curse the USA from his pulpit. Barry Hussein knew he could not get elected if he admitted to being a muslim, but there are more tell tale signs all the time.

You're right on target. His was a "social gospel", filled with hate for the white establishment, including all Jews. Any resemblance between his message and the true gospel is purely coincidental.

Boxcar

boxcar
08-20-2010, 03:34 PM
The clip below screams volumes. He said it..

bMUgNg7aD8M

Some guy on the Rush show yesterday swears this happened twice. The other time was when he was being interviewed with Brian Williams. Rush was skeptical, though -- and for good reason because it's not likely that second "Freudian slip" would have escaped Rush's attention. But the caller vehemently stuck by his story. Rush said he would check it out.

Boxcar