PDA

View Full Version : DMR 8/13 Late P4

Kevroc
08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Friday night late pick four at Del Mar!

RACE 5 $32k-$28k Claimers Fillies and Mares 4yo & up 1mile 1/16th Turf

:1: Hidden Romance- Steve Knapp speedball moves up slightly off the claim away from Jeff Bonde. Second off the layoff and fits like a glove. :ThmbUp:

:2: Girl Of Pangaea- German bred 5yo Beau Greely mare is two for two at the distance. She has run her career best figs in her last two races, a 79 and 76. Rates a look, sitting just behind the pacesetter.

:3: My Aunt Fanny- Victor Garcia claimed this 5yo mare last month for a mere $12.5k and is stepping her up to $32k here. A stout closer, she will need it all to go her way to get up.

:4: Madeline Ruby- Probably needed that last race, this is the second try off of a 5 month layoff. Only 1 for 11 on the turf but, has been running against decent class. Bejarano comes off in favor of the #9 and I'm gonna dare P Val to beat me here.

:5: Lady Alex- Rosario and Sadler second off the bench. 4yo Benchmark filly is another part of the pace in here. Would be foolish to leave off the ticket. :ThmbUp:

:6: Elle Pickle- This 8yo old lady hasn't seen the winner's circle since 2008. She hasn't even raced since October. Going to have to pass.

:7: Rollerskates- The Matt Chew 4% sends out this 6yo mare and she has no wins since 2008 either. 1 for 20 on the grass and is a rank outsider.

:8: Powerofvoodoo- 3rd off the layoff is a popular angle nowadays but, I cannot support this 6yo Unusual Heat mare that comes in 2 for 52 lifetime. A minor award is much much more likely tonight.

:9: Apt to Be Amazing- Consistent animal, this O'Neill claimer comes in off two very competitive efforts on SoCal grass and retains Bejarano. Obvious usage here. :ThmbUp:

:10: Operetta Italiano- This 4yo Bill Spawr filly has shown to be competitive at this level. She didn't fire in her last attempt which was her first try over the DMR lawn but, rates another chance with a clear run on the outside. :ThmbUp:

RACE 6 $12.5k Claimers 4yo & up 6.5f Synthetic

:1: Engine Sixty Nine- Fresh speed on the rail, the question will be if he is ready to fire in his first race since October. The barn is 1 for 19 this year and I cannot envision him shaking clear enough to hold.

:2: Waafi- Jack Carava closer is two for his last two and has been freshened. Down at this bottom level freshness means a lot. Can't ignore. :ThmbUp:

:3: Within Reason- Mike Mitchell claimed this guy for $10k on July 29th and brings him right back today. A 7yo warhorse, he is to be respected. Mitchell is 40% 1st off the claim in a 43 race sample size. Must use. :ThmbUp:

:4: Bad Boy- Dropping back down to the level of his claim, this 6yo gelding looks like he has lost his form. The class drop is supposed to wake him up. We'll see.

:5: Swift Demand- 3rd off the layoff for Ron Ellis, this guy fits in with these and has shown he can gun it or sit off the pace. I love the half furlong cutback in distance and is reunited with the five pound bug boy Gonzalez who rode him to victory at Hollywood. He should be a price because he is cheap but, the form cycle looks up and I'm punching. :ThmbUp:

:6: Adriatic Moon- Mark Glatt moves this one down first off the claim and his form looks pretty weak. I can understand this bottom level for the old timers but, this guy is only 4yo. Has been running against optional claimers in NoCal but, I can't use with confidence.

:7: Seven Point One- So let me get this straight.. he freaks a 92 beyer figure on Sept 24th 2008 vs $25k claimers at Santa Anita and then goes on the shelf for almost two years. Makes his return to the races for a paltry $8k and is a beaten favorite, squeezed at the break and finishing 4th. Len Powell takes the bait and claims him and now runs him for $12.5k. He has only run 14 races and he is a 7yo. He can definitely win but, these aren;t the types of animals I want to make a habit of betting on.

:8: Magnificent Blend- This is your textbook bottom level claimer. Just motoring along, always hitting the board and visiting multiple barns. He is always good for an 80s number and must be added to the list of contenders. :ThmbUp:

:9: Major Smoke- O'Neill is a perfect two for two with this guy since claiming him for this price from Carava. He ran a sick 93 last out and even if he bounces he can run a good enough race to win in here. Excellent post position too as he can sit just off them and pounce. :ThmbUp:

:10: Brinson- Coming out of a 1 for 50 barn and showing a string of beyer figs in the 60s, how can we support this guy? Toss out.

RACE 7 The Daisycutter Handicap $75k Fillies and Mares 3yo & up 5f Turf

:1: - Porto Marmay- 3rd off layoff for Canani, was only beaten a half length by Dotsy jean in the exciting Culver City stakes at Hollywood. With all the zip in this race, I like her to turn the tables on her. Less distance to catch her but, she is no stranger to this distance, compiling a recond of 2 wins and a third in four tries. :ThmbUp:

:2: Terrify- His race record is nothing but, optional claiming N1X company and his beyer figs haven't sniffed 90. That is sub-par versus this group. Pass.

:3: Reba Is Tops- 6yo mare is back from a 7 month layoff. When she last hit the track, she was beaten by Free Flying Soul and Tuscan Evening respectively. She has proven to run very well fresh and picks up P Val. A glowing record of 10 wins and 6 seconds in 22 races, she can beat these if up to the task. :ThmbUp:

:4: Pasar Silbano- Expect this Cassidy filly to be dueling at out with Octavia Blue and Dotsy Jean. Her last victory was February of 2009 and was front running fashion. The pace is too hot to put her on top. Maybe a minor award.

:5: Octavia Blue- Pure speed but, a bit cheap. Figures are below the 90 line as well. The only role she serves is to soften up the pacesetters.

:6: Dotsy Jean- She is in wonderful form and banging away. However, her game is six panels and she is Cal bred and could be in easier spots. Her 10 for 31 record is sweet and form is nice but, first try over the oval, first try going this short and all the other speed in the race adds up to me playing against her.

:7: Waveline- Her first race back off a year layoff was a score going 5f on this track for $100k claiming. She drilled a gorgeous 5f on August 8th and is a top notch contender in here. My number one selection. :ThmbUp:

:8: Bonifacio- Dollase runner second off layoff and has some speed from the outside. Her figures are a bit low and she was smoked in the Culver City versus Dotsy and Marmay. The one looming positive is a win at today's track and distance last meet but, even a duplicate of that performance probably wouldn't be enough to score here.

RACE 8 $25k Maiden Claiming 3yo & up 1mile 1/16th Synthetic

:2: Little Travis- Ted West barn is 5 for 24 this year, that's a decent 21%. This 3yo gleding though has had three tries to break maiden already and each one was terribly average. He gets in light with the five pound appentice but, even with that upgrade he would have to improve huge to score.

:3: Battle Point- First time in the M Val stable and P Val climbs aboard. Has showed flashes of brief speed in sprints and is stretching out for the first time. I really would have liked to see a 5f drill.

:4: Highest Honors- Draw a line through this one's first effort. he was off slow and had to swing 6wide. Am I really going to endorse a 5yo maiden with only one prior race? No, I'm not.

:5: Cat Brando- Dick Mandella put the blinkers on this one last time out and he responded by improving his speed figure by 14 points! He has proven he can get the distance and is a solid contender in here. :ThmbUp:

:6: Gobbler's Knob- 0 for 25, Tom Blincoe isn't giving up on this 6yo gelding! His best figure is a contending figure but, his best figures were two years ago.

:7: Yvett's Maar- Sal Gonzalez tries putting the blinkers on this one. The barn is 6 for 133 and an improve is not out of the question but, a win would be a surprise.

:8: Song Singer- Barn is 13 for 122 and rider is 4 for 102. Could get in the trifecta but, not in the top spot.

:9: Casa O- Rosario and Sadler second off the layoff. Has proven he can get the distance and now as an experienced 4yo, he should have an edge. Score. :ThmbUp:

:10: One French Kiss- Struck out in three MSW turf attempts to start his career, Paddy Gallagher dropped him to this level going 7f on the cushion track at Hollywood. He liked it. He drilled a half in :45.3 and although faded to 6th, was only beaten 2.5 lengths. Gets a nice little freshening and should be prepared to give a solid effort. :ThmbUp:

:11: Bred Royal- Moneyburner is a beaten favorite 4 times. The barn is a solid 29% and the jock is 25% and his figures are competitive. It is a curious ship but, I'm intrigued. Leaving off the ticket but, will use if there are scratches.

:12: Outrageous Fortune- Stout closer has steadily improved his figures with each and every start. Bejarano and Puype will try to run them all down. This guy will most likely be going best of them all in the end. :ThmbUp:

:13: Who U Foolin- Stuck out the outside and stretching beyond a mile for the first time. He ran well in his last start but, he is a troublebox and always has an adventurous ride. Pass.

:14: Bustanai- On the also Eligible list. Hasn't run since September and probably needs a race, especially from the far outside. Consider a win bet hedge if alive and he gets in.

TICKET

5) 1-5-9-10
6) 2-3-5-8-9
7) 1-3-7
8) 5-9-10-12 (consider 3 & 11 if scratches)

$120

Kevroc
08-13-2010, 01:21 PM
The #5 is out in the 5th, amend ticket.

5) 1-9-10
6) 2-3-5-8-9
7) 1-3-7
8) 3-5-9-10-11-12

$135

Kevroc
08-13-2010, 01:41 PM
*sigh* now the #1 is out of the 7th, amend again.

5) 1-2-9-10
6) 2-3-5-8-9
7) 3-7
8) 3-5-9-10-11-12

$120

mistered7
08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
5--- :7: :8: :9: :10:
6--- :3: :5: :9:
7--- :5: :6: :7:
8--- :9: :12: :14: