PDA

View Full Version : P VAL off his mounts at Del Mar...WHY???

tallen88
08-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Havent seen a thing, couldnt be.....nooooooo!

andymays
08-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Injured knee dismounting I believe. Not positive though.

tallen88
08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Good actually, thought of course it was the obvious with him, Drug test

Fingal
08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/DMR081210USA4.pdf

His mount Big Wig went bad in the race, he had trouble pulling it up. When dismounting he twisted his knee.

Tom
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Injured knee dismounting I believe. Not positive though.

You or him?

kenwoodall2
08-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Did he feel anything?

David-LV
08-13-2010, 01:40 AM
I guess this is your reward when you have to jump off a horse and land in that poly-crap that they call a race track, a twisted knee.

Will this injury be blamed on the poly-crap and or will Harper blame Patrick for not knowing how to land in that garbage?

When are they going wake up and tear out this junk?

________
David-LV

Stillriledup
08-13-2010, 01:49 AM
DLV, this was a turf race. It was a Doug O'Neill horse who broke down i believe.

bigmack
08-13-2010, 01:51 AM
I guess this is your reward when you have to jump off a horse and land in that poly-crap that they call a race track, a twisted knee.

Will this injury be blamed on the poly-crap and or will Harper blame Patrick for not knowing how to land in that garbage?

When are they going wake up and tear out this junk?
This was recently on & I was able to guess with no letters on the board. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_12_10_22_46_40.jpg

David-LV
08-13-2010, 02:28 AM
This was recently on & I was able to guess with no letters on the board. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_12_10_22_46_40.jpg

This is pretty good, I didn't know that the Poly-Crap discussion made Wheel Of Fortune.:lol::cool::lol::cool:

_________
David-LV

David-LV
08-13-2010, 02:41 AM
DLV, this was a turf race. It was a Doug O'Neill horse who broke down i believe.

You are right it was a turf race, but it really is time to rip out all synthetic surfaces in Calif. and get back to real racing the way it was meant to be on dirt.

The experiment is over and it FAILED, BIG TIME. :bang:

________
David-LV

Stillriledup
08-13-2010, 03:08 AM
You are right it was a turf race, but it really is time to rip out all synthetic surfaces in Calif. and get back to real racing the way it was meant to be on dirt.

The experiment is over and it FAILED, BIG TIME. :bang:

________
David-LV

Exactly, its trash.

domino1891
08-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Valenzuela injured (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/12/range-proving-to-be-a-dynamic-claim-by-trainer/)

Jockey Patrick Valenzuela recorded his ninth win of the meeting in Thursday’s first race, but suffered a knee injury three races later that forced him to take off his final four scheduled mounts on the card.

Valenzuela strained his knee trying to pull up Big Wig past the finish line in the fourth race, a one-mile turf run. Big Wig, a 5-year-old gelding trained and part-owned by Doug O’Neill with Paul Reddam was reported to have a possible right front leg injury and was vanned from the track for X-rays.

He is still listed on 24 mounts 8/13 - 8/15 (1 of them an AE)

Robert Fischer
08-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I still prefer the poly-crap, blow-ride, or cushion-crap
over the dirt for the Ca. tracks.

Done right, synthetic racing is less speed favoring, is more dependent upon getting a good trip and a good ride, and is a brand of racing with some of the characteristics that turf racing has.

I view US thoroughbred racing as one country-wide entity(even though the powers that be seem to think that weak scattered separatism is the wave of the future :bang::bang::bang:).

Poly (or synthetic, all weather etc...) is a part of my wagering menu, and I enjoy having that option.
AND occasionally I actually get value because of surface changes or bias etc... !

So from my perspective(USA thoroughbred horseplayer) I like having the option.

HOWEVER - - - I do feel empathy towards any horseplayers who felt a special connection with California Thoroughbred Horseracing prior to the surface changes. I can see how not only all the changes, but even just the fact that they lost the OPTION of betting dirt races and were basically forced to be the synthetic option. I understand that the premiere AMERICAN races are on DIRT.

=

Mineshaft
08-13-2010, 11:10 AM

He is still listed on 24 mounts 8/13 - 8/15 (1 of them an AE)

If he doesnt ride those days he will be taken off. He will be listed because those entries were taken before he got hurt.

kenwoodall2
08-13-2010, 11:53 AM
P Val's Doug horse last raced Aug 4, 2010. What or who should I trash for the vanned off and jockey injury; abusive trainer, old drunk jockey, or poly for a grass ride?

carlonr
08-13-2010, 11:54 AM
If he doesnt ride those days he will be taken off. He will be listed because those entries were taken before he got hurt.

Just spoke with Patrick's agent . He's OK and will ride today.

joanied
08-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I got horrified when I saw this thread title:faint: ...glad P Val is OK, hope the horse will be Ok too...anyone have word of the horse?

Stillriledup
08-13-2010, 05:38 PM
P Val's Doug horse last raced Aug 4, 2010. What or who should I trash for the vanned off and jockey injury; abusive trainer, old drunk jockey, or poly for a grass ride?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74027