PDA

View Full Version : Have you had problems with AT&T bundling

Black Ruby
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Last year I switched my tv service to ATT Uverse. All my services (tv, internet, landline, and cell) were supposed to be bundled, giving me a substantial discount. They originally bundled 2 services, and 2 on another account. Numerous calls did no good. Finally last month I discovered a link online to bundle them, but looking at my new bill, the landline doesn't appear.
Any of you who've had similar experiences with ATT, please let me know. I'd like to start a class action suit against these crooks for deceptive practices!

illinoisbred
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I switched to ATT early this year and my bill has never matched the quoted price. Their customer service is pretty poor-expect a long waiting time and little satisfaction when calling. Also, I'm glad I was home the day of the installation-would have had one hell of a "Frankensteined" house.

JustRalph
08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
I switched to ATT early this year and my bill has never matched the quoted price. Their customer service is pretty poor-expect a long waiting time and little satisfaction when calling. Also, I'm glad I was home the day of the installation-would have had one hell of a "Frankensteined" house.

they are too busy trying to figure out how to Keep IPhones connected to do anything else

boxcar
08-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Last year I switched my tv service to ATT Uverse. All my services (tv, internet, landline, and cell) were supposed to be bundled, giving me a substantial discount. They originally bundled 2 services, and 2 on another account. Numerous calls did no good. Finally last month I discovered a link online to bundle them, but looking at my new bill, the landline doesn't appear.
Any of you who've had similar experiences with ATT, please let me know. I'd like to start a class action suit against these crooks for deceptive practices!

I can empathize with you. I truly can. A few years ago, I got suckered into one of their "bundle" deals when I still had my satellite dish with Drek TV. To make a very long story short, the deal was anything but, as my bill was considerably higher. What I did was make a partial payment (my normal monthly payment) and sent a letter to customer service. No response. I then followed up with someone else at another location, and received no response. Finally, I wrote a certified letter to the CEO, and that actually evoked a pretty fast response. The guy's secretary called me and we had quite an "interesting' conversation. I let her know in no uncertain times that I was not a happy camper with AT&T and that just because they were a behemoth-sized corporation, I was not going to lay down for them and allow them to trample on me. (In fact, in the letter I threatened legal action if I didn't receive a favorable response within 30 days.) In the end, this gal took care of everything. (Never underestimate the power of executive secretaries.)

Just as aside -- this is why I greatly prefer dealing with corporations rather then the U.S. government. While Big Biz can indeed be daunting to deal with at times, nonetheless at the end of the day the little guy can still take legal action if push comes to shove. Try doing that with the Feds!

Boxcar

HUSKER55
08-13-2010, 05:05 AM
I have had the same problems and it doesn't seem to matter. AT&T, Time Warner, US Cellular...all of them are crooks.

I have often wondered what would happen if the customer made THEM sign a contract.

Think about it. They would not sign their own contract if it came from you.
So why would you sign theirs.

JQ Public gets screwd.