PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga race 5 today. Tom Durkin is equipped with blinders!

Zippy Chippy
08-12-2010, 07:15 PM
When i had the pleasure to sit in for a race call with Sam Mckee he watches the whole race through his binocs and takes them away on the stretch and just calls with his eyes. Granted its a lot shorter stretch and harness. If anyone hasn't seen it yet here is the link. (ive posted a thread before).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kDcC0DvMc

Maybe Tom Durkin should take that into consideration. I hate to single the guy out but todays race call in the 5th race was absolutely horrible. To never mention the winner til literally the finish line is awful. I think there is only one of two ways this happened.

1. He was using his binoculars and just focused on the 8 and 9 horse in the last 1/16, then it was down to the final 50 yards and just at the wire he mentions the winner as he crosses the line.

2. or he was using his TV monitor which also didn't show the 10 horse flying til the wire.

If you were watching the race from the grandstand or some sort of box it would have been impossible not to see him coming . He was probably 5 lengths behind the field entering the stretch. He made up a remarkable amount of ground.