PDA

View Full Version : While liberals and right-wingers try to score points.....

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Time to brush up on a new language...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq8wbXAR4ZQ

Horsepicker

DJofSD
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Yep.

Not buying goods made in China is difficult but not impossible.

For example, I have been making upgrades to my cooking equipment. All Clad still made in the USA (most). My new table service is from France.

If I go to the store and do not absolutely need it right now, and I find it's from China, it goes back on the shelf and I go home to do research about other vendors and there source.

And if I'm shown something by a sale clerk, if it's from China, I reject it. I used to be a bit embarrassed but I got over it fast.

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Dude, if you actually do that, you are probably the real, last American, and more American than me.

You are a lone soldier in a crumbling , burning Rome.

To the true, to the sincere, big ups.

Horsepicker

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Yep.

Not buying goods made in China is difficult but not impossible.

For example, I have been making upgrades to my cooking equipment. All Clad still made in the USA (most). My new table service is from France.

If I go to the store and do not absolutely need it right now, and I find it's from China, it goes back on the shelf and I go home to do research about other vendors and there source.

And if I'm shown something by a sale clerk, if it's from China, I reject it. I used to be a bit embarrassed but I got over it fast.

That takes more guts and heart than being in ANY military pulling a trigger or being a street thug gangster or Wall Street/Political crookster, I know I am right.

Horsepicker

JustRalph
08-11-2010, 05:15 PM
That takes more guts and heart than being in ANY military pulling a trigger or being a street thug gangster or Wall Street/Political crookster, I know I am right.

Horsepicker

Wow, are you on an overdose of Hyperbole today?

You have obviously never had to point a gun at somebody and decide whether to kill them or not.......... :bang:

hcap
08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
A few years ago I helped a friend, a plastic fabricator with a small shop to price manufacturing costs for a construction tool. Not something he could produce cheaply and in quantity. A rafter layout gauge to speed up repetitive angle cuts. Originally planed inn steel, but lighter and durable enough if injection molded. We sent out specs and drawings. Many to jobbers in China, and many to US plastic corporations.

The Chinese bids came back a bit over 1/3 the cost of the US preliminary estimates including freight

Tom
08-11-2010, 09:13 PM
The Chinese bids came back a bit over 1/3 the cost of the US preliminary estimates including freight

Did that include the coat of lead paint?

Seriously, I deal with China-made tooling every day. Without exception, it it is
CRAP. WE have to bring it to our shop to make it runnable.

How about your unions, hcap? You think the cost of China goods would be that low if your unions ever got a hold over there? You have any idea what working conditions are like in China? People are expendable. People like mostie would NEVER work in China. I have guys in China regularly - you should hear the horror stories of how they get those cost so low.

Our prices are higher because they include living wages, they include safety, they include union demand, retirement, and they have to be high enough four the thieving libs to steal big slices of to use are their solutions to everything.

True story.....our guy is in a Chinese shop for mold try-outs. While they are getting things ready, he see a table with 6 young girls sitting at it, doing some assembly work. They are right next ( 3 feet) to some hot oil lines, with no protection, and the lines themselves are NOT the heavy duty (expensive) type required by US regulations, closer to garden hoses.

He says to the guy (China shop guy) he is working with that those hoses are not safe for hot oil they could easily rupture and spray hot oil.
He was seriously concerned over the situation. He was told by the China dude, "No worry....have lots of hoses."

But you lib-progs would just love to turn this country into a shit-hole like China, wouldn't you? There is a reason crap is cheap.

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 09:25 PM
You have obviously never had to point a gun at somebody and decide whether to kill them or not..........

The moment you sign up, on your own, that decision has been made, and usually for benefits to be gained and its a job.

There's not an entity or power in the heavens or Government in the World that can make you kill anyone for any reason, that decision is solely yours. Period.

Can they make you kill your family? Case closed.

Horsepicker

TJDave
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
You have obviously never had to point a gun at somebody and decide whether to kill them or not.......... :bang:

That's not the way it works.

You point a gun at someone after you've decided to kill them. ;)

hcap
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
But you lib-progs would just love to turn this country into a shit-hole like China, wouldn't you? Bullshit.

If China and the other countries had unions and concern for humans and the environment thieving western companies could not outsource. Globalization is a race to the bottom.
Don't you think after running a shop in NYC, for years I don't know this.

Cheap labor overseas and capitalist greed destroyed our manufacturing base. Please!

Tom
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Cheap labor overseas and capitalist greed destroyed our manufacturing base. Please!

Oh, so close.
Sorry, the answer is "our government."

hcap
08-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh, so close.
Sorry, the answer is "our government." Globalization and outsourcing are market driven phenomena The fact is that conglomerates and their lobbyists manipulate politicians. Administrations that are beholden need the boot.

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
But you lib-progs would just love to turn this country into a shit-hole like China, wouldn't you? There is a reason crap is cheap.

Aren't you the guy that believes corporations should pretty much as they damn please?

So far less right-wingers than libs are involved in outsourcing overseas?

So Bush senior did not give incentives, tax breaks and subsidies for Corporations if they decided to move their business out of America?

Aren't you the one and right-wingers believes that unemployment is mostly for slackers not looking for work and should not be extended, the one's wanting the extension are not looking hard for work, with all this ABUNDANCE of employment?

Aren't you the one and right-wingers believes that most American Workers and the system is slated against employers and that WHATEVER work conditions , pay and no benefits they spit out should be satisfied?

Don't you believe in good ole Capitalism like they did before Unions and child labor in sweat shops at the turn of the century and going BACK to that time again, you know, working 3 jobs, no benefits, no overtime , no pensions, no safety precautions( don't make corp spend their profits), kids got to work instead of going to school, wife works two jobs, employers/Corporations pretty much doing whatever and whenever they want, almost like now, and still barely make ends meet paycheck to paycheck?

How dare they make Corporations spend money that is supposed to be profit on safety so as not suffer like the dead coal miners cuz of safety cutbacks and like those that died on that oil rig.

Safety and spending money on crap like that is what is running Corporations overseas, damn libs.

If you can find a clip of some right-winger being supported by other neo-cons bashing and wanting to publicly lynch businesses for hiring illegals, moving overseas with jobs, buying votes with lobbyist, purposeful horrendous and unsafe working conditions, AND who did not support any Democrat, please do so, you know, Rush, Hannity, etc....

......its going to be a l-o-o-o-o-ng wait to find and dig DEEP into the archives for THAT needle in a haystack of Corporate protectionism and pro-Rich guy propaganda/brain-washing.

Horsepicker

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh, so close.
Sorry, the answer is "our government."

Lobbyist and Corporations "own" governments and spend money on BOTH sides of the lib/conserv isle.

Only very small mom and pop business suffer.....they can't move overseas or openly and legally bribe political officials.

And they did not get bail out money, and sitting on mountains of cash, tax incentives and subsidies gaining interest in the bank.

Horsepicker

BenDiesel26
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Bullshit.

If China and the other countries had unions and concern for humans and the environment thieving western companies could not outsource. Globalization is a race to the bottom.
Don't you think after running a shop in NYC, for years I don't know this.

Unions=expensive labor. There is an academic consensus on this. Hence, the outsourcing to China. Meet in the middle genius. Greed is greed, whether it's so called "capitalist" or "UNION".

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Unions=expensive labor. There is an academic consensus on this. Hence, the outsourcing to China. Meet in the middle genius. Greed is greed, whether it's so called "capitalist" or "UNION".

Unions got people out of sweat shops "genius".

Unions got children chained to a work station out "genius".

Unions got workers out of blatantly dangerous work conditions.

Unions are now corrupt as politics, but the inception and ideals from the start was noble.

And Rush, Hannity, neo-cons are in the middle? Not so genius.

We have had 8 years of Bushes middle ground alright, in the middle of economic hell.

Horsepicker

JustRalph
08-11-2010, 11:18 PM
The moment you sign up, on your own, that decision has been made, and usually for benefits to be gained and its a job.

There's not an entity or power in the heavens or Government in the World that can make you kill anyone for any reason, that decision is solely yours. Period.

Can they make you kill your family? Case closed.

Horsepicker

and what in sam hell does the above have to do with the post I made ? You are a lunatic.........

Horsepicker
08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
and what in sam hell does the above have to do with the post I made ? You are a lunatic.........

If you cannot connect the dots, you are the true lunatic.

Horsepicker

Dave Schwartz
08-12-2010, 01:06 AM
That's not the way it works.

You point a gun at someone after you've decided to kill them.

I don't think I have ever heard a better example the difference between bad guy and good guy mentality.

Thanks!

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2010, 03:19 AM
The short version is that Horsepicker isn't happy with Obama. He's just afraid to say so.