PDA

View Full Version : BTVA Picks 8/11/08

SchagFactorToWin
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
My method has been selecting very few picks over the last month at Yonkers so I thought I would go back to the tracks where I learned handicapping- Batavia and Buffalo. And, for added embarrassment, I'm making my picks public.

Thirty years ago, I bet quinellas. Since that is no longer offered, I am betting exactas:

Race 3: 1|2, 2|1, 1|4
Race 6: 6|2, 2|6, 6|3
Race 10: 1|6, 6|1, 1|2

The first two are the best bets, the third has a lower probability of winning but has shown to be profitable in the long run. I'm betting the first 2, and am undecided about the third (as far as putting actual money down).

lamboguy
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
My method has been selecting very few picks over the last month at Yonkers so I thought I would go back to the tracks where I learned handicapping- Batavia and Buffalo. And, for added embarrassment, I'm making my picks public.

Thirty years ago, I bet quinellas. Since that is no longer offered, I am betting exactas:

The first two are the best bets, the third has a lower probability of winning but has shown to be profitable in the long run. I'm betting the first 2, and am undecided about the third (as far as putting actual money down).
i actually went to batavia downs on my way to finger lakes about 4 years ago before they had live racing, there was a simulcast room downstairs with old coffee. i bet a race at saratoga there won it and went on my way! so the place was good to me, i always remember my winners because they are so far and few between. good luck at batavia today,

botster
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]i actually went to batavia downs on my way to finger lakes about 4 years ago before they had live racing, there was a simulcast room downstairs with old coffee.

Old Coffee...hahaha.I would bet every thing was OLD there, from the bathrooms to the tellers punching out the tickets:D .I was there twnty years ago and I am sure it still looks exactly the same...even the driving colony.

botster
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Go get'em!

SchagFactorToWin
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]i actually went to batavia downs on my way to finger lakes about 4 years ago before they had live racing, there was a simulcast room downstairs with old coffee.

Old Coffee...hahaha.I would bet every thing was OLD there, from the bathrooms to the tellers punching out the tickets:D .I was there twnty years ago and I am sure it still looks exactly the same...even the driving colony.

Yeah, it's not nice there. But if you need solitude, that's the place to go! The few times I've been there the last couple of years, the grandstand had less than a dozen people, with the same number on the apron. All the others (all 50-100 of them) were sitting on cheap plastic chairs in front of the simulcast TVs. You can't smoke in the open grandstand and the PA system volume is still set for when the place was filled, so it blasts you out of your seat.

I wish they'd close and just use Buffalo.

Ray2000
08-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Nice hits:ThmbUp:

R6 $18.40 and R10 $56.00

SchagFactorToWin
08-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Ray. I'm going to 'go public' for the month of August and post all my BTVA bets. I've never consistently put them out there before. Every time I started, I hit a losing streak!

botster
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Nice hits:ThmbUp:

R6 $18.40 and R10 $56.00

Agreed:ThmbUp: ...dabbled in this circuit years ago for some time.They were alright for half milers.Hope you can get enough value for the long haul.Certainly a great start!!