PDA

View Full Version : Lebron...and his "sidekick"

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20408793,00.html?hpt=T2

I see some problems in this article. Not to mention the example it sets for young men. I find this article disturbing.........

From the link:

Though they've been together since high school, the couple, who have two sons, LeBron Jr., 5, and Bryce, 3, aren't planning to tie the knot just yet, and she would "never rush" her "soul mate" to get married – though the topic has been discussed.

"I've definitely not put a fire under his ass," says Brinson, 24. "We're really comfortable with the way things are now. And it's not up to me. When it happens, it happens. If we do it, I want it to be forever."

James, 25, believes, with or without a wedding ring, Brinson will be there to support him and has all the qualities he's looking for in a partner.

"A person like myself always needs a great sidekick and a person you can rely on no matter the circumstances. And she's that," James tells the magazine. "She's got my back, and I love her for that."

sonnyp
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
you can talk jobs, the economy etc etc, but the biggest problem our society has, one which may ultimately lead to our demise, is the breakdown and disappearance of the traditional family unit.

sad thing to watch.

Overlay
08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
If I referred to my wife merely in those terms, I'd get a kick (not in the side, however). :eek:

DJofSD
08-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I wonder if Dr. Laura has seen that piece.

GameTheory
08-09-2010, 03:19 PM
She's not going to be stupid and let his millions get away, married or not. And LeBron is the center of the universe, how else is a kid whose been told he's the center of the universe since he's been a teenager going to feel?