PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Kristin Mulhall

Roy C
08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Kristin Mulhall ripped Doug O'Neil on another board for Burna Dette and tried to stop another O'Neil horse by showing up at Los Al last night to purchase Taxi Fleet before he ran for 2k. When her offer was turned down, she then dropped a claim for the old warrior. Taxi Fleet went on to beat the worst 2k field ever put together and Kristin was outshook on the claim. Chris O'Dell won the shake and was beaming from ear to ear as if he claimed the next John Henry. Kristin still tried to purchase the alleged double bowed horse but O'Dell refused to sell and Kristin left empty handed. Even though it didn't work out, it's nice to see someone with their heart in the right place.

andymays
08-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Just from following the circuit over the years and seeing Kristin interviewed once in a while I have to say she seems to be the real deal (Good person with a big heart). :ThmbUp:

GaryG
08-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Yes, Bobby Frankel did that many years ago with a 12yo warrior named Strong Award. He claimed him and gave him back to his breeder.

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
why no press coverage ?

Relwob Owner
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Kristin Mulhall ripped Doug O'Neil on another board for killing Burna Dette and tried to stop another O'Neil murder by showing up at Los Al last night to purchase Taxi Fleet before he ran for 2k. When her offer was turned down, she then dropped a claim for the old warrior. Taxi Fleet went on to beat the worst 2k field ever put together and Kristin was outshook on the claim. Chris O'Dell won the shake and was beaming from ear to ear as if he claimed the next John Henry. Kristin still tried to purchase the alleged double bowed horse but O'Dell refused to sell and Kristin left empty handed. Even though it didn't work out, it's nice to see someone with their heart in the right place.

Roy,

Awesome story.....we need many more Kristin Mulhall's out there to do things like this.....

andymays
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I have a feeling that this story isn't over by a longshot. Too many hard feelings over this. It will be interesting to follow and it has implications about how much responsibility owners and Trainers have for caring for their horses after they can't race anymore.

Kristin has a lot of guts to take this on. :ThmbUp:

Hanover1
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Its great folks step up and try to grab these bottom feeding horses, however given the numbers, we will always see cheap, sore horses racing. Until the rules are overhauled regarding these claimers (good luck with that) people will make a living racing them.
Don't be fooled for one moment that many of the household names in sports have not started a bowed/sprained/strained/sore/ouchy/quarter cracked, ect..horse. Its the idiots that can't tell/do not care when horse is able to go on despite his issues that make the game ugly.

andymays
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Its great folks step up and try to grab these bottom feeding horses, however given the numbers, we will always see cheap, sore horses racing. Until the rules are overhauled regarding these claimers (good luck with that) people will make a living racing them.
Don't be fooled for one moment that many of the household names in sports have not started a bowed/sprained/strained/sore/ouchy/quarter cracked, ect..horse. Its the idiots that can't tell/do not care when horse is able to go on despite his issues that make the game ugly.

There is no question that Horse Racing has an ugly side for both horses and for people who bet on them.

If owning and/or training a horse is a lifetime commitment then how many new owners will be coming into the sport?

It's a tough and expensive call if you have to pay the bills.

Hanover1
08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
There is no question that Horse Racing has an ugly side for both horses and for people who bet on them.

If owning and/or training a horse is a lifetime commitment then how many new owners will be coming into the sport?

It's a tough and expensive call if you have to pay the bills.

I don't have the numbers Andy, but I know for a few owners that ROI really sux at mid-lower levels, and only increases (sux worse) as the price of the stock goes up. Its that 1 good one that gets you over the hump, and some guys will spend a lifetime to obtain the Holy Grail....

thaskalos
08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't have the numbers Andy, but I know for a few owners that ROI really sux at mid-lower levels, and only increases (sux worse) as the price of the stock goes up. Its that 1 good one that gets you over the hump, and some guys will spend a lifetime to obtain the Holy Grail....Could it be that these owners are as addicted to this game, as we are?

Hanover1
08-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Could it be that these owners are as addicted to this game, as we are?

Without a doubt.....

joanied
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Ditto...kudos :ThmbUp: to Kristin. I'm so pissed of at O'Neil I could spit blood...and yes, Bobby was wonderful about trying to save as many horses as he could...his division of Old Friends is the best testament to the man they could have given him...he'd be so proud and happy (he just wouldn't let it show!)...let's hope someone gets the courage to change rules for the low level claimers...I understand these horses are what keeps many in the business and and making a living...but to what expense...that of equine lives lost, horses living each day in pain...pitiful, pathetic situation.

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Ray Paulick? Seth Morrow? Steve Byk ? are you going to ignore this story?

You know, I normally give trainers a little slack. They know horses, I don't know crap about them. But now that Kristin has weighed in...... I am pulling in the slack.

thaskalos
08-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Ray Paulick? Seth Morrow? Steve Byk ? are you going to ignore this story?This is the part of the game that they don't like to advertise...

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
why no press coverage ?

No press. :mad:

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Kristin is awesome, she's a good trainer and hard worker, kudos to her for sticking up for a horse that no one else is sticking up for.

JeremyPlonk
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I look forward to tackling this issue in my upcoming ESPN.com column later this week. Unfortunately with my weekly late Thursday/Friday posting slot, it may look a bit late to the party. I watched Burna Dette's race live on TVG last weekend was disgusted. I felt bad for announcer Mike Joyce, who was left in no-man's land.

MickJ26
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Mike Joyce was talking about this last night on TVG.
Trainers coming out of the woodwork to put claims in.
As bad as Drug O'Neill is, the vets and stewards should be held accountable for letting a horse run that shouldn't be.

andymays
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Mike Joyce was talking about this last night on TVG.
Trainers coming out of the woodwork to put claims in.
As bad as Drug O'Neill is, the vets and stewards should be held accountable for letting a horse run that shouldn't be .

I have a feeling that if they looked too closely 50% of the horses (thoroughbreds) running at Los Alamitos wouldn't be able to run. Los Alamitos doesn't care in my opinion.

We already know they don't give a sh*t about Horseplayers (2% take raise). :ThmbDown:

Hanover1
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I understand the need for changes in regards to cheap horses, but to cry for more negative press???? As if that has solved anything at this point?
I get it now, lets use the press to bring about change :bang:
Where are they when something good happens?

andymays
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I understand the need for changes in regards to cheap horses, but to cry for more negative press???? As if that has solved anything at this point?

It's gonna happen on this one. This stuff with O'Neill has been building for years now.

The sh*t is about to hit the fan and it's going to open up a huge can of worms for racing.

They will probably paint the picture for all of racing instead on concentrating on O'Neill and Los Alamitos. That's what they usually do.

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM

The only one who will write anything 'negative' is Ray Paulick. You won't be able to find DRF or TVG when it comes to 'reporting' on things.

Where's Bryant Gumbel?

sonnyp
08-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I look forward to tackling this issue in my upcoming ESPN.com column later this week. Unfortunately with my weekly late Thursday/Friday posting slot, it may look a bit late to the party. I watched Burna Dette's race live on TVG last weekend was disgusted. I felt bad for announcer Mike Joyce, who was left in no-man's land.

please, please address this. do not let the timing deter your effort.

although it will be another blackeye, eventually, this kind of crap from guys like o'neill and gill will no longer be tolerated.

and yes, the stewards, vets and administrators should be held accountable for what ray charles could have seen as a distinct possibility.

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Kudos to you :ThmbUp:

WJ47
08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
This situation disgusts me. When a horse takes that steep of a class drop, you would think the stewards would demand an explanation or a vet's statement that the horse has been examined and is sound to run. I can't bet horses taking deep class drops unless they've been running way over their heads because I suspect the drop means the horse is unsound and ready to break down. I'm suprised the jockeys will even take mounts on suspicious class dropping horses.

I'm horrified by Doug O'Neill's actions. It's a disgrace to racing. People worry that racing will get another black eye if this shameless behavior is revealed, but that's the only way it will stop. Burna Detta should have been retired to a nice farm instead of running in pain and dying on the track so Doug could collect his lousy $2000. If he's that hard up for money perhaps we should take up a collection for him. That's what gives racing a bad name. Bad trainers running unsound horses who break down while thousands of people are watching.

I really hope there is an investigation going on into Doug's depraved behavior.

Kristin has a big heart! :) I wish she would have won the shake on that horse.

Relwob Owner
08-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Right, lets keep this problem "in-house" and not let the press say anything :bang: ....that has worked wonderfully so far, hasnt it? :eek:

If it takes the press coming out with things to make the sport wake up and start legitimately policing itself, then so be it. It is not like the sport is exploding with popularity now, is it?????

Maybe if the press did expose things, those in charge of racing would get off their asses and finally do something about the immoral/unethical and often times illegal things that happen in our sport every day. You seem to be in the "it is a business" camp and have resigned yourself to things, but I will never, ever be that way.....I know so many people in this game who do things the right way and it is about time those people are rewarded with the punishment of those who dont.....

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Jeremy, please to an expose on Doug O'Neill,

nijinski
08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
O'Neil is getting hit hard on this , and he probably desrves it.
What bothers me is that guys like the Dorf and a few others
on that circuit are just as guilty and timing along with coverage
of their superstars has enabled them to sweep the bad deeds
under the rug.
I would love to see a discussion about the late Heavenly Perfect ,
a filly that suffered senslessly , but it was years ago , and no
one wants drudge up negatives on a high profile barn.

kenwoodall2
08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I have not seen the PP's for either of his runners. Showing more than one of these:

------------------------
Here is the list I make that was added to and/or mostly approved by Seabiscuit movie trainer Michael Chew, and by Tom Schell:

DANGER SIGNS A RACEHORSE MAY HAVE A LEG/FOOT PROBLEM:

D eclining speed

N egative PP comments

F ront wraps

01) More than 3 months' layoff between races.

02) 2 or more gaps in racing frequency of more than 6 weeks.

03) 3 or more consecutive races with gaps of 2 weeks or less.

04) 2 or more consecutive unusually slow workouts.

05) Lugging, drifting, swerving more than once within 1 or 2 races, especially on turns.

06) Awkwardness while trying to switch leads.

07) Excessive bobbing while running, (like a merry-go-round pony).

08) Any problems leaving the gate in a race.

09) 5 or older stretching out or shipping to a slower pars track (wearing down).

10) Losing normal early speed.

11) Lung infection (possible parallel sign of overwork).

12) New front wraps.

13) 1 month of racing while showing no works.

14) Alteration of training or racing regimen.

15) more than 19 1/2 furlongs of workouts and/or races within 30 days.

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
O'Neil is getting hit hard on this , and he probably desrves it.
What bothers me is that guys like the Dorf and a few others
on that circuit are just as guilty and timing along with coverage
of their superstars has enabled them to sweep the bad deeds
under the rug.
I would love to see a discussion about the late Heavenly Perfect ,
a filly that suffered senslessly , but it was years ago , and no
one wants drudge up negatives on a high profile barn.

Lets work on getting O'Neill out of the sport and then we'll go after someone else.

nijinski
08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Lets work on getting O'Neill out of the sport and then we'll go after someone else.
Fair enough , when it's done , then I only ask that you look into the the
PureThoughts rescue of Pleasantly Perfect and the discuss the condition
they found her in.
Mind you I am not one of the Peta peeps , but this one got to me and I
lost all respect for the fillys connections.

Back to O'Neil , this may not be an easy task , and I think he will cry scapegoat.

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Fair enough , when it's done , then I only ask that you look into the the
PureThoughts rescue of Pleasantly Perfect and the discuss the condition
they found her in.
Mind you I am not one of the Peta peeps , but this one got to me and I
lost all respect for the fillys connections.

Back to O'Neil , this may not be an easy task , and I think he will cry scapegoat.

Racing doesn't need guys like this in the game. But, i'm sure that after the hubbub dies down it will be business as usual, no one will care and everyone will forget. O'neill will be back to the barn, smiling and earning huge dollars off this sport and no one will care to question what he's doing.

Skanoochies
08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Be very careful. These accusations may or may not be true. But wouldn`t it be ironic if said trainer were able to sue for libel (written) or slander (spoken) against someone, particularly on P.A.`s board.

Just a thought. :confused:

sandpit
08-09-2010, 11:18 PM
TVG was having their monthly love-in with O'Neill on their all-access show Sunday, so I can't imagine them uncovering the soft underbelly, so to speak. And how can you expect California to do anything when they just let a guy they gave a lifetime ban to just a couple of years ago right back in the saddle at the premier meet on the circuit.

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/smilies/45.gif

Stillriledup
08-09-2010, 11:22 PM
TVG was having their monthly love-in with O'Neill on their all-access show Sunday, so I can't imagine them uncovering the soft underbelly, so to speak. And how can you expect California to do anything when they just let a guy they gave a lifetime ban to just a couple of years ago right back in the saddle at the premier meet on the circuit.

Cats with 9 lives are jealous of this guy.

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Be very careful. These accusations may or may not be true. But wouldn`t it be ironic if said trainer were able to sue for libel (written) or slander (spoken) against someone, particularly on P.A.`s board.

Just a thought. :confused:

Ironic ?

that's why the press should check into this. This is a story that cries out for investigation on some levels. Horseplayers can see this drop for what it is.

I am sure Dougie didn't think the horse was going to go down like that. But second guessing a guys judgement is part and parcel to being a public figure in a sport such as this. It happens all the time in other sports. I haven't read everything in this thread (skimmed it) but it piqued my interest enough that I think somebody in the racing press should be looking hard at it. If horseplayers on a board such as this are talking about it.......it's a worthy story. Most of the time it goes the other way. A story is written, we all read it and comment. Some of the best stories or informative pieces are written when the groundswell of opinion like expressed here spawns a story. It is news worthy. Enough said.

slew101
08-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Too bad they didn't all access the LA pre-race instructions.

Hanover1
08-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Too bad they didn't all access the LA pre-race instructions.

If the mare was that bad, Im sure the rider knew to "keep a good hold of 'er".

sonnyp
08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
If the mare was that bad, Im sure the rider knew to "keep a good hold of 'er".

he did and he looked back to make sure nobody was following him.

kenwoodall2
08-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Trainer are liable for the DRUG condition of the horse; track vets are the only ones LEGALLY responsible for the soundness of runners (correct me if I am wrong. For a reason- to fill races. Pressure from inside racing is basically what influences racing and connections about slaughter, overworking, racing injured, too low of purse drops, decent retirement. As Mullhall did prove, other trainers can be aware of problems.
IMHO, big class drops are to try to get a win for the owner. Neccessary for some horses to win, bad training indicator for some other horses.
Although I disagreed with the scratch, Steve Myadi admittedly bowed to pressure to retire his last former BC horse.
Is anyone going to suggest necropsy reports be made public (coroner autopsies are, and are not private because the patient is dead).

kenwoodall2
08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
"Jamgotchian’s attorney, Ronald Caswell, said he has noticed a “pattern of obstruction” from the CHRB when it comes to Jamgotchian’s public records requests, of which there have been dozens.

“These necropsy reports are public records. It’s really a black and white case,” Caswell said. “Instead of giving him the documents so he can conduct a study on his dime, they’re withholding them from him. What do they have to hide? They seem to have an unstated policy of denying access to documents across the board.”

****CHRB Assistant Executive Director Bon Smith said the necropsy reports are confidential medical records.

“[Jamgotchian] has contended the horses are dead and are no longer under vet care, but the reports were written on an animal that at that moment was under vet care,” Smith said.

CHRB Equine Medical Director Rick Arthur referred to Jamgotchian’s efforts to obtain the necropsy reports as a “harassment request.”

****“The only reason the necropsy reports were withheld was on the opinion of the deputy attorney general, who said they are not subject to public records,” Arthur said. “They are medical records that contain information on the history of the horse.”

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Just a thought. :confused:Would you care to elaborate? I don't remember reading anything that could be construed as libel.

Opinions are not libel. And I don't recall anyone in this thread trying to pass off an opinion as fact. Did I miss something?

nijinski
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I read a while back , but after Gasper Moschera left the NY area
that a jockey actually fell off one of his horses on purpose because
at the start because he didn't think the horse could finish the race,
The question of why not refuse , was answered in the piece.
He said he needed to stay on good terms with the trainer because he did give him live mounts.

tzipi
08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I read a while back , but after Gasper Moschera left the NY area
that a jockey actually fell off one of his horses on purpose because
at the start because he didn't think the horse could finish the race,
The question of why not refuse , was answered in the piece.
He said he needed to stay on good terms with the trainer because he did give him live mounts.

Was Gasper ever suspended? I don't really recall him being suspended for drugs or whatever. I could be wrong though.

Skanoochies
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Would you care to elaborate? I don't remember reading anything that could be construed as libel.

Opinions are not libel. And I don't recall anyone in this thread trying to pass off an opinion as fact. Did I miss something?
Quote; "Burna Detta should have been retired to a nice farm instead of running in pain and dying on the track so Doug could collect his lousy $2000." Unquote.
Has it been proven the horse was unfit and running in pain? Was there not a vet that checks out the horses before the race? Seemingly sound horses break down on occasion.

I am in no way extolling the virtues of O`Neil, just suggesting making a statement like that without proof may be dangerous.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :confused:

owlet
08-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote; "Burna Detta should have been retired to a nice farm instead of running in pain and dying on the track so Doug could collect his lousy $2000." Unquote.
Has it been proven the horse was unfit and running in pain? Was there not a vet that checks out the horses before the race? Seemingly sound horses break down on occasion.

I am in no way extolling the virtues of O`Neil, just suggesting making a statement like that without proof may be dangerous.

This is plainly an OPINION as to what should have been done with the horse and not an assertion of fact. It therefore cannot be considered defamatory in any sense of the word.

Even if it were Cal. Civil Code Section 47(2) provides for immunity from defamation in cases of "public interest." Dougie and his ilk clearly qualify given the tons of ink spilled.

nijinski
08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Was Gasper ever suspended? I don't really recall him being suspended for drugs or whatever. I could be wrong though.

Not to my knowledge , I don't think he ever used steroids either , but he
definately was the trainer I read about.

Can't say what Gasper or even Oscar Barrera did back then , but I will say they
went through many an ice bucket and I'm sure there were ankles and knees
getting Vet care.
Even Woody told SI the story about Conquistador Cielo's bad ankles and
that he took chances with . it's all in the SI Vault. But being they were
selling pricey shares on him he got 24/7 care.

The problem we have is these cheaper horses do not get the proper care and are run into the ground , no animal deserves that.

kenwoodall2
08-11-2010, 07:27 PM

The races were steady good speed, even the 7th place within 3 lengths. I do not know about pain, but the PP's show no serious leg/foot problems but as of Hollendorfer's drop there was a minor problem that did not hinder good performance. Many trainer have many horses that they have to race and train carefully. Taxi Fleet and Myadi's BC horse were also sound enough to race. The ones who IMHO and according to the factors available in PP's and online (and in Barbaro's case, Prado in the post parade) who should not have run are Stormy Do and Barbaro, for example.

tzipi
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Not to my knowledge , I don't think he ever used steroids either , but he
definately was the trainer I read about.

Can't say what Gasper or even Oscar Barrera did back then , but I will say they
went through many an ice bucket and I'm sure there were ankles and knees
getting Vet care.
Even Woody told SI the story about Conquistador Cielo's bad ankles and
that he took chances with . it's all in the SI Vault. But being they were
selling pricey shares on him he got 24/7 care.

The problem we have is these cheaper horses do not get the proper care and are run into the ground , no animal deserves that.

I always saw horses feet in ice buckets when I worked in the barns. That was common practice with cheap horses when I worked there. Oscar Barrera I know was chided on when he took off winning races left and right. Just didn't hear much about Gasper.
Cheap horses always take a beating. It's really sad when you deal with the horses themselves. I mean honestly,very few owners or trainers look out for the cheapest of the cheapest horses. They are ask to run constantly for one reason and one reason only.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Has it been proven the horse was unfit and running in pain? Was there not a vet that checks out the horses before the race? Seemingly sound horses break down on occasion.The horse broke down. Therefore, at least for some brief moment in time, the horse was running in pain. And the horse did die on the track...was it not euthanized immediately? Plus, since the horse was claimed, Doug (and the owners) collected the $2000.

As far as I can tell, this statement is part opinion and part fact. Opinion being that Burna Detta should have been retired to a nice farm. Fact being the rest.

Roy C
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I heard some news that Mr. O'Neil phoned Kristin to scold her about the following post she made on the Del Mar Forum:

Very sad to see what is being done to these horses. If someone can afford to take the risk and claim a 25K claimer they certainly do not need the 2K! A trainer should have their license taken away for an incident like Burna Dette. It was obvious something was seriously wrong! We are here to take care of the horses and make the right calls for them, not butcher them.. I understand a sound horse will break down and sh-- happens but not in a case like this. I did go to Los Al and try to get Taxi but unfortunately did not get him. I offered to buy him as well after the race but they would not sell. I WILL get Taxi at some point and he will have a great home just have to pray nothing happens between now and then...

Nice to see Doug picking on horses and women too.

kenwoodall2
08-12-2010, 05:47 PM
How about graded stakes horses returning in allowance races? That is a steep drop.
Doug ran the horses at Los Al because of the short distance of the races.

nijinski
08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Huge accusations made today by Indian Charlie on Ken McPeek.
Can't forward the link if anyone interested would appreciate.

Another one that got away with abuse?

sonnyp
08-12-2010, 08:17 PM

Another one that got away with abuse?

delete if not o k

here's the indian charlie link:

http://www.indiancharlie.com/2010/08/11/thursday-august-12-2010/

Relwob Owner
08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
How about graded stakes horses returning in allowance races? That is a steep drop.

The comparison of a drop from graded stakes to an allowance race makes for a very poor comparison IMO.....One of the main accusation in the case of the drop in O'Neills caes is them allegedly hoping to lose the horse and secure some money out of the horse(in a heartless, senseless move if accurate)....dropping from graded to allowance just doesnt fit because there is no claiming involved....I can only hope your post was tongue in cheek

Mineshaft
08-12-2010, 08:36 PM

Incorrect. He ran the horse at Los Al to lose the horse plain and simple.

nijinski
08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
delete if not o k

here's the indian charlie link:

http://www.indiancharlie.com/2010/08/11/thursday-august-12-2010/
Thanks Sonny P , I know it's a different trainer but another example of
someone who should be held accountable for bad deeds.

kenwoodall2
08-13-2010, 01:41 AM
The comparison of a drop from graded stakes to an allowance race makes for a very poor comparison IMO.....One of the main accusation in the case of the drop in O'Neills caes is them allegedly hoping to lose the horse and secure some money out of the horse(in a heartless, senseless move if accurate)....dropping from graded to allowance just doesnt fit because there is no claiming involved....I can only hope your post was tongue in cheek
Continuing, since blinkers on trying to lose :) , would the new owner have gotten the blinkers too?

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2010, 01:51 AM

Another one that got away with abuse?That Meadowlands story is as old as the hills. It's not news. It was well reported at the time.

Stillriledup
08-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I heard some news that Mr. O'Neil phoned Kristin to scold her about the following post she made on the Del Mar Forum:

Very sad to see what is being done to these horses. If someone can afford to take the risk and claim a 25K claimer they certainly do not need the 2K! A trainer should have their license taken away for an incident like Burna Dette. It was obvious something was seriously wrong! We are here to take care of the horses and make the right calls for them, not butcher them.. I understand a sound horse will break down and sh-- happens but not in a case like this. I did go to Los Al and try to get Taxi but unfortunately did not get him. I offered to buy him as well after the race but they would not sell. I WILL get Taxi at some point and he will have a great home just have to pray nothing happens between now and then...

Nice to see Doug picking on horses and women too.

He scolded her? Really?