PDA

View Full Version : Meadow lands ???

JWD
08-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I spent Sat. evening at Pocono Downs. Before the 16th race the track announcer stated that in several weeks horses from the Meadowlands will be racing here at Pocono because Meadowlands will be shutting down. I checked the website calendar and it shows them down from Aug.21 to Oct. 22 with racing only on Fri.& Sat. for the remaining year. My question is are they going down for maintenance or what ??? I couldn't find anything on the website.

pandy
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I believe there are only 4 dates left this year, Friday and Saturday cards for the next two weeks.

Tom
08-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow. That sucks.
Not much sense following a track like that anymore.
Looks like Canada gets my money.

wilderness
08-09-2010, 02:41 AM
the only new procedure here is in the additional two days, times four weeks.

The Meadowlands has traditionally ended its season on Hambletonian Day.

After Garden State closed the Meadowlands picked up some of those fall dates formerly at GSP.

There have been rare instance, where the Meadowlands held an extra weekend of overnights after Hambletonian today.

They've NEVER raced year-a-round.

Trotman
08-09-2010, 07:05 AM
And as it has been in other years most of the horses, trainers and drivers head to the WEG circuit to race for the big purses, but I don't think Lou Pena will be coming just like other cheaters such as Ken Rucker stay away.

toetoe
08-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Don't forget the carryover for Friday night. If it carries again, Saturday's pool will be even juicier. :jump: .

Pacingguy
08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I believe there are only 4 dates left this year, Friday and Saturday cards for the next two weeks.

This week they race Friday and Saturday and next week, only Friday. Saturday was cancelled due to a football game. They can't race on days/nights there are football games.