PDA

View Full Version : Da Boy Scouts Boo Obama

JustRalph
08-08-2010, 09:48 PM
oAWsy7VV8oE

MONEY
08-08-2010, 10:07 PM
That is very disrespectful.

I don't like President Obama, his policies or his administration, but he is our President. I have to live with that fact until at least the next presidential election. That's the way this country works and that's one of the things that makes the USA the best country in the world. If he wins again, then it's just too bad for me and everyone else that doesn't like him.
In any case the most time that he can be president is another 6 years. As long as he is the top man, it is up to all of us to protect his right to be there.

If we want the rest of the world to respect our president, then we should also give him the respect that the President of the United States deserves.

TJDave
08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Didn't vote for Obama...disagree with his polices...don't want him reelected-- but this is plain wrong.

If my kid booed the president, any president, I'd slap him silly.

Tom
08-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Know your enemy and don't hide it. He has not earned an ounce of respect. He is nothing more than an employee of this country, and a damn lousy one at that. Respect for government people is passe.

Would you have been opposed to the Hitler Youth booing der Fuhrer? Or Stalin? Or Sadamm Hussein?

boxcar
08-08-2010, 11:50 PM
That is very disrespectful.

I don't like President Obama, his policies or his administration, but he is our President. I have to live with that fact until at least the next presidential election. That's the way this country works and that's one of the things that makes the USA the best country in the world. If he wins again, then it's just too bad for me and everyone else that doesn't like him.
In any case the most time that he can be president is another 6 years. As long as he is the top man, it is up to all of us to protect his right to be there.

If we want the rest of the world to respect our president, then we should also give him the respect that the President of the United States deserves.

I thought respect was something to be earned? Tell me, please, all the ways BO has shown respect to the U.S.A., especially when abroad. Also, how has he shown respect for the tens of millions of people who work in the private sector when he constantly is telling us that what's wrong with this country is the private sector. The people in power are the Ruling Class. Do you think they respect The People?

Boxcar

TJDave
08-08-2010, 11:56 PM
He has not earned an ounce of respect. He is nothing more than an employee of this country, and a damn lousy one at that.

I don't respect him, I respect the office. I would also expect the same from my children, especially while living under my roof. In our democracy there's a proper way to exhibit one's displeasure with an elected official. It's called the ballot box. Most of these kids aren't old enough to shave, let alone vote.

Would you have been opposed to the Hitler Youth booing der Fuhrer? Or Stalin? Or Sadamm Hussein?

You equate them with Obama?

That's despicable.

Mike at A+
08-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Trying to post a pic but it isn't working. Is there some size restriction I need to stay under?

illinoisbred
08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
What's the Boy Scout motto-BE PREPARED-a quality anyone can quickly spot is seriously lacking and wanting in Obama.

Mike at A+
08-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Made it smaller (about 49K) - still not working.

TheBid9
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
When the Boy Scouts boo you, it's time to look in the mirror. Someone, on the forum, once posted that Obama had, "no American in him". I totally agree, his actions and attitude are starting to catch up with him. Will be interesting to hear the liberal spin.

jballscalls
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
all the kids i grew up with that were boy scouts were big time nerds

lsbets
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
all the kids i grew up with that were boy scouts were big time nerds

My son wanted to do cub scouts in first grade. I took him to a meeting and told my wife to take him to the next one and tell me what she thought. She texted me about 15 minutes into it "I think this is a little gay for him". :lol:

Robert Goren
08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
This says more about boy scouts leadership than it does about Obama. It is really sad that everything has become so political these days. There is time and place for showing disagreement with the president, but am I pretty sure that getting a bunch of kids to boo him is not the way to do it.

Robert Goren
08-09-2010, 10:32 AM
My son wanted to do cub scouts in first grade. I took him to a meeting and told my wife to take him to the next one and tell me what she thought. She texted me about 15 minutes into it "I think this is a little gay for him". :lol: In Nebraska, the boy scouts have had several scandals involving pedophiles becoming scout leaders. One even sat on the the state council.

PhantomOnTour
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
What are the min and max ages for boy scouts?

lsbets
08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
This says more about boy scouts leadership than it does about Obama. It is really sad that everything has become so political these days. There is time and place for showing disagreement with the president, but am I pretty sure that getting a bunch of kids to boo him is not the way to do it.

I agree with you on this one.

GameTheory
08-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Is everyone missing the fact that they are booing him because the president decided to appear on The View instead of showing up at this event like every other president? He dissed them, so they are booing. It is not some general anti-Obama thing -- it is a personal rebuke, tit for tat.

boxcar
08-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't respect him, I respect the office. I would also expect the same from my children, especially while living under my roof. In our democracy there's a proper way to exhibit one's displeasure with an elected official. It's called the ballot box. Most of these kids aren't old enough to shave, let alone vote.

You equate them with Obama?

That's despicable.

Ahh...so the only "respectful" way to express our displeasure with the president is through the ballot box? Hmm...interesting. Now I understand why "town hall" audiences are so carefully screened, so as to not let anyone in who would even dare ask a "disrespectful" question to the "office". :rolleyes:

My take: The president is an ELECTED public SERVANT. If he can't take the heat of political free speech, this tells me he's too thin-skinned and probably shouldn't be in that "office" in the first place.

Boxcar

Boxcar

boxcar
08-09-2010, 12:31 PM

You know why this is? Because the U.S. government is intruding into virtually every area of our lives. This is why everything is "so political".

Boxcar

newtothegame
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Goren...you talk about how political things have become...YOUR 100% right!! Have we not on the right yelling how devisive this administration has become and is pushing towards??? Every turn, its blame the past. Every other turn, its race.

The dave pointed out how we must protect the right for the president....
True! But what about the right to free speech? Is that not protected? What about the right off the people???

Next, some here have talked about respecting the Office? I agree again. But where was the respect (in the many photos circulated) where Obama would not recognize the flag by having his hand in the right position versus protecting the family jewels?

You guys talk about respecting the president but I believe it MORE incumbent on the president to respect the people he is there to SERVE!

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Is everyone missing the fact that they are booing him because the president decided to appear on The View instead of showing up at this event like every other president? He dissed them, so they are booing. It is not some general anti-Obama thing -- it is a personal rebuke, tit for tat.

Finally somebody hits on it! He chose Whoopi and Barbara over them and they know it.

Robert Goren
08-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Goren...you talk about how political things have become...YOUR 100% right!! Have we not on the right yelling how devisive this administration has become and is pushing towards??? Every turn, its blame the past. Every other turn, its race.

True! But what about the right to free speech? Is that not protected? What about the right off the people???

Next, some here have talked about respecting the Office? I agree again. But where was the respect (in the many photos circulated) where Obama would not recognize the flag by having his hand in the right position versus protecting the family jewels?

You guys talk about respecting the president but I believe it MORE incumbent on the president to respect the people he is there to SERVE!The president is not doing anything more than he promised to do when he was running. In fact he is doing less. I for one would like to see him do more. To me it about a common courtesy. There are plenty of places to rail about the president. But in places where he is doing where he is doing a largely ceremonial appearance as the president , not as the politician, is not the place. I felt the same way about Bush whom I had no respect for and never felt like he ever showed respect to people like me. If he speaks before the chamber of commerce, they can boo him all they like and I would not care.

boxcar
08-09-2010, 01:29 PM

You guys talk about respecting the president but I believe it MORE incumbent on the president to respect the people he is there to SERVE!

Good post! :ThmbUp:

And since this guy is a pathological liar -- constantly, always, incessantly lying to the American People, this proves beyond any doubt that he totally disrespects the American People. He is constantly betraying our trust with his numerous lies. It's not good to lie, generally but most especially to someone you supposedly respect.

And if you take this deeper, the elitist ruling class in this country, just by sheer virtue of what they are -- what they represent -- what their innermost attitudes are -- cannot possibly have any respect for us because they are morally, intellectually and every other way superior to us. So, generally, how can the vast majority of these politicians (especially libs) have any respect for anyone who is so inferior to them? It's just not possible. In their eyes, we're not even close to being their equals.

Boxcar

boxcar
08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
There are plenty of places to rail about the president.

Not from the Scouts' perspective, there aren't! All they did was rightfully seize the moment of opportunity to have their say.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Not from the Scouts' perspective, there aren't! All they did was rightfully seize the moment of opportunity to have their say.

BoxcarI can't believe you don't believe that they were put up to this by their leaders.

newtothegame
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I can't believe you don't believe that they were put up to this by their leaders.

I am not gonna begin to assume what may or may not have happened in regards to what was said by the troop leaders. But, I also think you arent giving these kids near enough credit Goren. Kids now a days a very sharp. True they mimic what their supervisors say depending on age....but kids know whats going on around them. Lets not kid ourselves here!

boxcar
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I can't believe you don't believe that they were put up to this by their leaders.

Pretty much the same way kids who sing songs and praises to BO in school are coached? You mean that way, right? All that free speech stuff is perfectly fine with you libs, just as long as it's chugging along a one way street.

Boxcar

Tom
08-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Pretty much the same way kids who sing songs and praises to BO in school are coached? You mean that way, right? All that free speech stuff is perfectly fine with you libs, just as long as it's chugging along a one way street.

Boxcar

mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm!

toetoe
08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Didn't vote for Obama...disagree with his polices...don't want him reelected-- but this is plain wrong.

If my kid booed the president, any president, I'd slap him silly.

Agreed. :ThmbUp: .

One possible exception: George Bush. :rolleyes: .

GameTheory
08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't think they were put up to it. It was a big news story how he decided to go on The View instead. So he sends a lame video, which is like extra topping on the insult, so they booed. Seems completely natural. I would've booed too.

As far as "everything being political", that comes directly from 60's liberals -- "the personal is political". They invented that.

Robert Goren
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
As far as "everything being political", that comes directly from 60's liberals -- "the personal is political". They invented that. You are right and they were wrong back then too.

cj's dad
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
In Nebraska, the boy scouts have had several scandals involving pedophiles becoming scout leaders. One even sat on the the state council.

So when the BSA boo this jerk you equate them to pedophiles !?!

Classy post detective !!

Robert Goren
08-09-2010, 09:08 PM
So when the BSA boo this jerk you equate them to pedophiles !?!

Classy post detective !! I was just responding to another person's post. It was not very classy for the BSA to covered up the scandal for years. Several former leaders are now in jail where they belong. Like the Catholic Church, BSA in Nebraska is facing law suits from the victims. The BSA is the Simon pure group of our childhoods. I do not like pedophiles and the groups who protected them. If it is one of your scared cows, tough. But I can not imagine even you could equate what the president has done or has not done to actions of some scout masters and cover up of it by the state organization. If an organization who protects pedophiles like BSA did in Nebraska boos the the president, he should wear it as a badge of honor.

cj's dad
08-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I was just responding to another person's post. It was not very classy for the BSA to covered up the scandal for years. Several former leaders are now in jail where they belong. Like the Catholic Church, BSA in Nebraska is facing law suits from the victims. The BSA is the Simon pure group of our childhoods. I do not like pedophiles and the groups who protected them. If it is one of your scared cows, tough. But I can not imagine even you could equate what the president has done or has not done to actions of some scout masters and cover up of it by the state organization. If an organization who protects pedophiles like BSA did in Nebraska boos the the president, he should wear it as a badge of honor.

I'm assuming you meant the word sacred. No, pedophiles are the dirt of the earth in my mind. But as liberals always do, it is ok for lefties to protest in the most unthinkable of manners without hearing a peep out of folks like you, but let the BSA boo BO and you somehow equate that with their problems with scout leaders.

Another great analogy on your part and another classy post by you making it seem like I somehow do not despise what pedophiles have done to innocent children. Bravo !!

traveler
08-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I got thrown out of the Boy Scouts for eating a "Brownie" ;)

skate
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Know your enemy and don't hide it. He has not earned an ounce of respect. He is nothing more than an employee of this country, and a damn lousy one at that. Respect for government people is passe.

Der, ok