PDA

View Full Version : Mute TVG ?

larman
08-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Can we have a show of hands? How many hit the mute button when you
tune in TVG ?

joanied
08-08-2010, 11:07 AM
:D Good idea....those guys drive me nuts....give me Pincay & Stevens, even Siegle anytime!!

magwell
08-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd rather listen to a dripping faucet than to have to listen to Matt C or Ken R with their constant nonsense and that's putting nicely......;)

MickJ26
08-08-2010, 11:27 AM
TVG is a necessary evil, I think we'd all agree on that.

Stillriledup
08-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I unmute when a trainer or jock is getting interviewed. There's always possible they may say something i can use in my handicap.

kenwoodall2
08-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I would rather have muted it when the big early guy said you can discreetly deposit into TVG account so the spouse will not find out.

lamboguy
08-08-2010, 11:24 PM
TVG is a necessary evil, I think we'd all agree on that.that's not even close today. you can subscribe to dish network racing and get any track you want any time you want it. i did, its great and highly reccomend it to people like you,

duncan04
08-09-2010, 12:46 AM
So what is the over/under on the TVG complaint threads per week?? :rolleyes:

WJ47
08-09-2010, 05:19 AM
I don't mute them. I love TVG! The announcers are entertaining to me. I don't bet their selections, but I keep TVG on all day even when I'm not betting. Life would suck for me if there was no TVG! I don't understand why people hate TVG so much.

I understand that Dish has some alternative now for people who don't enjoy TVG.

Marshall Bennett
08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah , many that complain , including myself simply can't resist . TVG makes my day a more enjoyable one .

OTM Al
08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
So what is the over/under on the TVG complaint threads per week?? :rolleyes:

It used to be a monthly phenomenon, but there does seem to be a proliferation lately. Probably because people are on vacation and have nothing better to do than stare at their TV on a Wednesday afternoon.

And as bad as you think TVG is, for those complainers out there, have you ever looked what is on the rest of your channels? Ooof. I'll take TVG any day.

Marshall Bennett
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Other than news and an occasional sporting event I haven't found anything else worthwhile in years .

lamboguy
08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
tvg deserves all the credit in the world for doing a very fine job over the last decade keeping the racing business alive. they certainly have helped to bring in some new customers in the game.

the way their business model is set up is that they make money when you bet. they even make it if you don't bet with tvg as long as the track you play falls under the category of tvg exclusive.

so they put a crew of people together that give out their picks to entice you to bet them. maybe after 10 years you are sick of listening to the same people read their picks off a piece of paper that someone else has come up with. maybe you are sick of rich perloff and others now on their network with their crusade against bridgjumping. the reason they have this crusade is because tvg loses alot of money when someone bridgejumps and wins in their adw. that is the only reason perloff has a crusade.

the network often has tough choices in which races to show live, or sometimes stretch calls only.

i like to see races in their entirety and live and not on tape delay. sometimes i learn by watching the race and can make better choices at a latter date. for all these reasons i have regretfully given up on TVG and signed up with Dish network. if you like the entertainment value that tvg offers and like the picks they give you for free by all means don't sign up with dish,and stay with tvg.

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Other than news and an occasional sporting event I haven't found anything else worthwhile in years .

You gotta DVR "The Real Housewife's of Hooterville" and next Season they are doing "The Real Housewife's of Petticoat Junction" Sam Drucker is the host!

Of course you could opt for "Cops" on the crime channel. They will be chasing cow tippers in Bug Tussle............

tubesockshakur
08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
who is the chick with the nice rack......hell with all the other clueless talking heads on that show. seems ron ellis can give some good capping advice but thats it.

Tape Reader
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't mute them. I love TVG! The announcers are entertaining to me. I don't bet their selections, but I keep TVG on all day even when I'm not betting. Life would suck for me if there was no TVG! I don't understand why people hate TVG so much.

I also like TVG. I think that what WJ47 and I have in common is that we don't pay attention to their selections as we have our own method of betting. If one follows their picks and does not win, there certainly will be a negative bias.

I very much enjoy: Rich Perlof's intelligence, Mr. B's golf & Dad stories, Christina's interviews, Frank Lyons insight and humor, and, if you're still with me, Matt Caruthers "balls" and antics. (IMO, Matt is a player.)

I also very much like when they have people from the "game" on, as I see that as a privilege to listen to.

Stillriledup
08-11-2011, 04:58 AM
I'm using the mute button more than ever now. Todd Schrupp is just getting really hard to listen to. Schrupp's new nickname, "more words than winners"

Yesterday he was 6 by 3 by 3 by 2 in his late del mar pick 4 ticket and picked NO winners. He was 0 for 4 while selecting 14 horses, all of them lost.

That's hard to do.

JBmadera
08-11-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm using the mute button more than ever now. Todd Schrupp is just getting really hard to listen to. Schrupp's new nickname, "more words than winners"

Yesterday he was 6 by 3 by 3 by 2 in his late del mar pick 4 ticket and picked NO winners. He was 0 for 4 while selecting 14 horses, all of them lost.

That's hard to do.

that's funny - more words than winners. I'll laugh about that all day!

Canarsie
08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
t
maybe you are sick of rich perloff and others now on their network with their crusade against bridgjumping. the reason they have this crusade is because tvg loses alot of money when someone bridgejumps and wins in their adw. that is the only reason perloff has a crusade.

You still are having a crusade over this without one shred of evidence? You also said they were handed their picks but have backed off of that lately, Then you proclaimed Michelle Yu a very good handicapper.

I agree with a lot of what you say but in this case not a chance. Perloff is so low on the totem pole there he almost never gets to be an analyst during prime time. If you really think he is moving players with his opinions I have a bridge to sell you. Besides over and over again he has been declared the best at TVG by a majority on here every time this is discussed. It isn't even close but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Again please provide one shred of evidence that they are handed a piece of paper with picks on them. If that's the case how come so many of their picks are scratched when they go on air and say" They have to be capped the day before because of graphics".

Didn't another ADW stop someones bridgejumper wager because it was too high an amount? Mine (NJBets) won't even give me the option well over 50% of the time.

I'm watching TVG less and less but have to for NYRA. I'm not embarrassed to say the Mrs. would shoot me if a dish was put on or near the roof because one crashed through a neighbors when they were huge.

You are 100% right on the business model that can't be disputed. Most people are shocked when they learn what it entails.

For what it's worth when Perloff is on (Monday or Tuesday) my remote doesn't change a channel.

Remember what you just said "I have given up on TVG" so there should be no more analysis from you. You said that once before and then jumped on the Michelle Yu bandwagon and her harness picks even though you stated 'I don't watch anymore".

OTM Al
08-11-2011, 07:35 AM
You still are having a crusade over this without one shred of evidence? You also said they were handed their picks but have backed off of that lately, Then you proclaimed Michelle Yu a very good handicapper.

Thread is just over a year old. Stillmadathischeerios strikes again.

Canarsie
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Thread is just over a year old. Stillmadathischeerios strikes again.

Oops my BIGGEST apologies to Lambo didn't even think to look at the date.

Lambo you owe me a good bashing :lol:

BlueShoe
08-12-2011, 12:09 AM

That's hard to do.
Not for me, last week I came pretty close.:blush: In a pick 3 went single, single by 5. The two singles won, so in the last leg had five going in a nine horse field. Of the four runners I left out, two of them ran one-two. :bang: This game sure can make you feel very foolish and deflated at times. :D

Rapid Grey
08-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Schrupp reminds me of Howard Cosell, he never knows when to shut up.

Carrothers is there for himself not the viewer. I mute'em but always try to listen to Olivares when she's in the paddock.

Goofyscott
08-12-2011, 01:13 AM
When Todd has a pick that I do....I almost immediatly say..there's money ive given away!

Goofyscott
08-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Michelle Yu!! Oh yeah...babe!!
When Todd has a pick that I do....I almost immediatly say..there's money ive given away!

Track Phantom
08-12-2011, 06:38 AM
I purchased the DISH network and watch the live feeds. I did that about 3 months ago and have had TVG on about 5 or 6 times at most since then.

I think Christina will be doing work for ESPN before too much longer. She is the absolute best, most professional on air talent they have. The rest of the gang is a tad amatuerish. The assclowns they've brought in lately like the dude with the eyebrows and the guy who gets drunk on their Friday show....wow....apparently they threw a dart into a crowd and propped up the person it hit.

The Los Al crew is great, except Les Onaka. Wow, wow, wow is he captain obvious and seriously cannot speak. Good combo for an on air analyst.

Canarsie
08-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I purchased the DISH network and watch the live feeds. I did that about 3 months ago and have had TVG on about 5 or 6 times at most since then.

I think Christina will be doing work for ESPN before too much longer. She is the absolute best, most professional on air talent they have. The rest of the gang is a tad amatuerish. The assclowns they've brought in lately like the dude with the eyebrows and the guy who gets drunk on their Friday show....wow....apparently they threw a dart into a crowd and propped up the person it hit.

The Los Al crew is great, except Les Onaka. Wow, wow, wow is he captain obvious and seriously cannot speak. Good combo for an on air analyst.

I agree with Christina she majored in journalism. She does any job as a pro and can adapt to any situation. I actually think she could make it into a major local news department if she wanted to.

The push is on for exchange wagering I can't see Betfair consistently losing millions if they don't implement it within the next year. Time is flying, soon it will be winter, and they really have no decent tracks to show where they have the "exclusive" tag.

I know he's not the most popular guy here but when TLG is on the air the production is top notch I DVR every show on MSG. Just wish they would archive them on the net for everyone to see when they get the chance.

toussaud
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
iI purchased the DISH network and watch the live feeds. I did that about 3 months ago and have had TVG on about 5 or 6 times at most since then.

les onaka might be the best handicapper on both networks combined. dude is a beast. do not let his lack of gab give you a bad impression of him.

he is the sole reason i watch TVG some friday / saturday nights.

i get the impression alot of times he's trying to dumb down what he is trying to say. he's very smart.

mannyberrios
08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Gino is pretty good also!

Track Phantom
08-12-2011, 06:16 PM
i
les onaka might be the best handicapper on both networks combined. dude is a beast. do not let his lack of gab give you a bad impression of him.

he is the sole reason i watch TVG some friday / saturday nights.

i get the impression alot of times he's trying to dumb down what he is trying to say. he's very smart.

He is a beast? If you say so....

toussaud
08-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't even have dish where i live now, so i never watch TV G, i have not in months. Tonight i am staying somewhere that happens to have dish so I said you know let me tune in to TVG and watch del mar.

my god what has happened. like seriously what is this. they are not even pretending to be interested in handicapping anymore. between interivewing random people at restaurants, and asking blonde's in the crowd who their favorite horse is in the up coming race and all the new guys with too much goo in their hair wearing sports jackets with blue jeans and the Disney channel music in the back ground

TVG has 2 saving graces .First, is they have 2 tracks that are major players, del mar and hollywood park, that are exclusive so you have to watch TVG

more importantly is their video quality is light years better than what you get on the standard track feed or HRTV.

thespaah
08-12-2011, 10:56 PM
tune in TVG ?
All the time!! My patience has run out with the contrived yuks and other nonsense.
The pushy manner in which the on camera people give the perception that only type of wagers are multiple race wagers also gives me a headache.
TVG also has to stop the Del Mar love fest.

thespaah
08-12-2011, 10:58 PM
TVG is a necessary evil, I think we'd all agree on that.
Yes. Until I pull the trigger and add the Racing Network to my satellite subscription.

thespaah
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM

Yes...HRTV

eastie
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM
tune in TVG ?

my wife loves it on mute, with music on the satellite radio. much more enjoyable

duncan04
08-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I don't even have dish where i live now, so i never watch TV G, i have not in months. Tonight i am staying somewhere that happens to have dish so I said you know let me tune in to TVG and watch del mar.

my god what has happened. like seriously what is this. they are not even pretending to be interested in handicapping anymore. between interivewing random people at restaurants, and asking blonde's in the crowd who their favorite horse is in the up coming race and all the new guys with too much goo in their hair wearing sports jackets with blue jeans and the Disney channel music in the back ground

TVG has 2 saving graces .First, is they have 2 tracks that are major players, del mar and hollywood park, that are exclusive so you have to watch TVG

more importantly is their video quality is light years better than what you get on the standard track feed or HRTV.

I see you caught the late double! Lol

Stillriledup
08-25-2011, 08:53 PM
WOW did YOU see Schrupp's outburst on the last race at DMR. Oh my god i just yelled STFU at the tv. What an *ss clown.

JESUS what WAS that?