PDA

View Full Version : 2010 BC Classic

horses4courses
08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Just watched the Whitney.

Does anyone think that Quality Road can turn the tables on Blame in Nov?

The fractions were not too quick today - the pace is likely to be quicker at Churchill - the Classic is on Blame's favorite track - they will have another quarter mile to travel.

Things do not set up too well for Quality Road, do they?

bisket
08-07-2010, 06:11 PM
they are all gonna be looking at zenyatta's dupa at the wire

depalma113
08-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Quality Road isn't a mile and a quarter horse, so I doubt it.

horses4courses
08-07-2010, 06:15 PM
they are all gonna be looking at zenyatta's dupa at the wire

I don't doubt that.........

cpitt84
08-07-2010, 06:15 PM
it looks like blame is the best horse to beat zenyatta

However, with zenyatta's stride and closing speed..she will be hard to beat

bane
08-07-2010, 06:17 PM
anybody with Tatical Speed that could beat her?

MickJ26
08-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Lookin At Lucky gets first run on the pacesetters and takes it on his way to Horse of the Year.

bisket
08-07-2010, 06:22 PM
anybody with Tatical Speed that could beat her?
secretariat?.... man o war?.... spectacular bid?..... seattle slew?.... ruffian?

nearco
08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Quality Road would be better off in the Dirt Mile, he would be unbeatable. Can't see this horse ever winning a 10f G1. Obviously he will still run in the Classic though, as that's where the glory is.

horses4courses
08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Silence from the speed figure gurus.

All they envisioned this Fall was QR using his superior dirt speed to leave the
plodding Zenyatta in his dust and fumes.

It's been out there so often on this site:

"Z is just too slow"

"The numbers and stopwatch don't lie"

It's pretty quiet on that front since the Whitney, isn't it?

How will they describe Zenyatta's demise at Churchill now?

Rachel and Lucky gonna stick it to her?

Don't bet on it........

tucker6
08-07-2010, 07:07 PM
secretariat?.... man o war?.... spectacular bid?..... seattle slew?.... ruffian?
among many, many, many others.

Tom
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM

What does today's race have to do with speed figures? Zenyatta would have had a HELL of a time beating the QR that won at GP or won the Met. She would probably catch the one who lost today. Your point is?

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't doubt that.........I strongly do.

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 08:48 PM

All they envisioned this Fall was QR using his superior dirt speed to leave the
plodding Zenyatta in his dust and fumes.

It's been out there so often on this site:

"Z is just too slow"

"The numbers and stopwatch don't lie"

How will they describe Zenyatta's demise at Churchill now?

Rachel and Lucky gonna stick it to her?

Don't bet on it........So you think Zenyatta would have beaten both QR and Blame today?

Don't make me laugh.

I do love how you Zenyatta backers must live in the theoretical. That's fine because that's where her connections live as well, and that's why she won't win HOY for the second year in a row.

horses4courses
08-07-2010, 08:58 PM
So you think Zenyatta would have beaten both QR and Blame today?

Don't make me laugh.

I do love how you Zenyatta backers must live in the theoretical. That's fine because that's where her connections live as well, and that's why she won't win HOY for the second year in a row.

This, I believe, will be the third year that Zenyatta will be considered for HOY.

Curlin, that excellent dirt horse, who couldn't cope on turf or synthetic, had all the East's backers 2 years ago. Zenyatta managed to finished second.

Looks like the California-haters will have Rachel, Blame, and Quality Road to root for this time. You can't consider Looking At Lucky anything but West Coast.

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
This, I believe, will be the third year that Zenyatta will be considered for HOY.

Curlin, that excellent dirt horse, who couldn't cope on turf or synthetic, had all the East's backers 2 years ago. Zenyatta managed to finished second.

Looks like the California-haters will have Rachel, Blame, and Quality Road to root for this time. You can't consider Looking At Lucky anything but West Coast.She wasn't really considered the favorite for HOY three years ago...last year people gave her a much better shot...but you're right I suppose...

Three years in a row for the supposed best horse ever? That's gonna smart.

Edward DeVere
08-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Rail Trip could easily be in the mix.

And Majesticperfection would have one hell of a lead after four furlongs. . . .

;-)

born2ride

Looks like the California-haters will have Rachel, Blame, and Quality Road to root for this time. You can't consider Looking At Lucky anything but West Coast.

What does east/west coast have to do with this?

horses4courses
She wasn't really considered the favorite for HOY three years ago...last year people gave her a much better shot...but you're right I suppose...

Three years in a row for the supposed best horse ever? That's gonna smart.

She wins the BC Classic, she takes HOY.
Even the haters couldn't stop that from happening.

horses4courses
08-07-2010, 09:08 PM
What does east/west coast have to do with this?

Quite a bit, imo.

The majority of Zenyatta's critics are not from the West Coast.
Most of her detractors have little good to say about California, or it's racing.

andymays
08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Quite a bit, imo.

Most of her detractors have little good to say about California, or it's racing.

Most of it has to do with synthetic surfaces and not Zenyatta.

tucker6
08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
She wins the BC Classic, she takes HOY.
Even the haters couldn't stop that from happening.
I don't believe we have to worry about that happening. You'd be better off worrying about whether she'll even be at the starting gate for the BCC. I certainly think she's less than 50/50 for that.

Tom
08-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Most of it has to do with synthetic surfaces and not Zenyatta.

IMHO, it is EAST coast bias in a big way, not the tracks.
Especially so now that RA is a two-time loser and obviously seeking shallow waters.

But I could be wrong.;)

Skanoochies
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Especially so now that RA is a two-time loser and obviously seeking shallow waters.

But I could be wrong.;)

And that coming from an east coaster?

Good post Tom. :ThmbUp:

Relwob Owner
08-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Quite a bit, imo.

I dont see the East Coast/West Coast thing....I think most of her detractors on here seem to be passionate racing fans who are disgusted by how her connections constantly keep her in restricted races against soft fields. They realize how cool it would be to see her run against other top horses during the year and not wait until the end of the year to do so.

BluegrassProf
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Most of her detractors have little good to say about California, or it's racing.IMHO, it is EAST coast bias in a big way, not the tracks.
Especially so now that RA is a two-time loser and obviously seeking shallow waters. :D Fantastic! Always happy to see the hapless handful jumping on the opportunity to dumb various issues down to their most simplistic, most deflected and rhetorical denominator(s). The NAACP is to racism as Zenyatta hyperfans are to bias and hyperbole.

Racing and everything be damned - it's all just hatin' - even the Cali wackytracks get some love. If nothing else, you gotta appreciate the consistency. :ThmbUp:

Boogieboogieboogiebiasbiasbias...

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 09:35 PM
She barely beats Rinterval (my pick in another thread by the way) and there are guys on here who think she would have just waltzed on by Quality Road and Blame today....

Funny stuff...

I know, I know...she runs to the level of her competition...more theory than practice, since she has barely ever run against the best of the best...and before I get another lecture, I hold her to the "best of the best" threshold because I am constantly told on here that not only is she the best female EVER, but quite possibly, the best horse EVER to look through a bridle.

WinterTriangle
08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
And that coming from an east coaster?

I'm surprised you're surprised. Tom has never shown any strong biases if you read his posts.

I bet against QR today. I have looked thru his ped stuff so many times, I can't find anything to recommend him at 1-1/4 and I wasn't even sure about 1-1/8 given the field today.

I have no idea who will even run in the BCC so I'm not even thinking about it.:confused:

BluegrassProf
08-07-2010, 09:38 PM
:D

Honest to goodness, it's like we're on ever-loving Neptune. I love it. :faint:

born2ride
08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Quite a bit, imo.

You really believe that her lack of a challenging campaign had nothing to do with her failure to capture a HOY, and it's just a west coast bias. Okay. :confused:

horses4courses
08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
She barely beats Rinterval (my pick in another thread by the way) and there are guys on here who think she would have just waltzed on by Quality Road and Blame today....

Funny stuff...

They'll be playing a nice waltz at Churchill Downs come November..... :lol:

born2ride
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM

But I could be wrong.;)

I suggest you peddle what you're smoking at the upcoming HempCon in San Jose. As a native Californian I can assure you the bias is the opposite direction and has been for quite some time.

Relwob Owner
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
They'll be playing a nice waltz at Churchill Downs come November..... :lol:

Maybe they will because unlike other horses who are engaging the other top ones(see the Whitney), she is saving her energy and beating creampuffs out West....even if she does win the Classic, I feel like it is Horse of the YEAR and not one race.....consistently running in restricted, creampuff races like today seriously damage both her legacy and her claim to any honors for the year that include both male and female horses.....

BluegrassProf
08-07-2010, 09:48 PM
They'll be playing a nice waltz at Churchill Downs come November..... :lol: :D Zing!

But you reallize it still wouldn't wash away the somewhat off-putting scent of a typically weak, disappointing (for ALL parties) year-long campaign, dontcha? How on earth could this be any more explicit? I mean, seriously - if you're cool with that, more power to ya. Gooo team. :ThmbUp: But dang, man...there's no reason to keep up with the "haters" foolishness, dismissing clearly reasoned critique as little more than bad mojo. It's not hate, I promise.

And if you're somehow surprised that plenty of folks found today's race only so thrilling, I strongly suggest taking off the Z-colored glasses...like I said, snakes & sparklers have limited entertainment value, and one single BOOM! in November - fabulous though it could surely be - leaves much to be desired in a big, wide, wonderful world of racing.

Good race today, on that note...glad our lady got the neck past that Rinterval there. Rinterval. Thrills bound. ;)