PDA

View Full Version : Hey Johnny Velasquez

Mineshaft
08-07-2010, 05:56 PM
you are in a Grade 1 race and have the lead down the stretch. Quit freakin lookin back to see where the competition is you moron.

And no i ddint bet the race.

andymays
08-07-2010, 05:58 PM
you are in a Grade 1 race and have the lead down the stretch. Quit freakin lookin back to see where the competition is you moron.

I posted that in the Whitney thread. It's B.S. to do that crap. I'd take him off.

Hoofhearted
08-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Too right, dude !
WTF was he looking around for as if he was showboating.
Bad, bad ride.

only11
08-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Mineshaft explain how looking back can cause a horse like QR caliber to lose a race after setting those fractions..

born2ride
08-07-2010, 06:01 PM
He spent way toooo much time looking around and not enough time being active on his horse. By the time Blame was coming strong Velasquez was too late. What a bs ride in the stretch. If I owned QR, I'd yank Velasquez off. The year is only getting stronger, you can't afford to have a jock pulling that crap.

andymays
08-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Mineshaft explain how looking back can cause a horse like QR caliber to lose a race after setting those fractions..

When you look back it shifts the weight ever so slightly. I'm guessing he looked back 5 or 6 times. Maybe someone can count the times.

slew101
08-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I have to agree 100 percent, although I'm a big fan of Blame. That horse is super tough. But what has Velasquez doing there? Trying to save the horse for his next start in a month?

He spent way toooo much time looking around and not enough time being active on his horse. By the time Blame was coming strong Velasquez was too late. What a bs ride in the stretch. If I owned QR, I'd yank Velasquez off. The year is only getting stronger, you can't afford to have a jock pulling that crap.

Mineshaft
08-07-2010, 06:06 PM

If you have to ask that question your not very smart.

So instead of throwing a few crosses at the horse to get some more run out of him and get his mind on one thing only you do nothing but look around and the horse is not going anywhere hes stuck in neutral. Thats how you lose a Grade 1 race.

born2ride
08-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I have to agree 100 percent, although I'm a big fan of Blame. That horse is super tough. But what has Velasquez doing there? Trying to save the horse for his next start in a month?

I'm a huge Blame fan too. And I'm not sure what the outcome would've been had Velasquez just stuck to his job. It's just bs to see the jock stop riding to rubber neck it.

only11
08-07-2010, 06:09 PM
If you have to ask that question your not very smart.

So instead of throwing a few crosses at the horse to get some more run out of him and get his mind on one thing only you do nothing but look around and the horse is not going anywhere hes stuck in neutral. Thats how you lose a Grade 1 race.
Mineshaft,Blame was the better horse today.

Tom
08-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Much better than the margin of victory.

Mineshaft
08-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Mineshaft,Blame was the better horse today.

We dont know that. If JV could of stayed after his horse instead of looking around QR might of won. It was a neck between both of them. So looking around didnt help his chances at winning.

born2ride
08-07-2010, 06:22 PM
We dont know that. If JV could of stayed after his horse instead of looking around QR might of won. It was a neck between both of them. So looking around didnt help his chances at winning.

No kidding. Just saw a replay and Velasquez started looking back midway through the final turn, why is he looking back before they reach the stretch? I stopped counting at 10 the number of times he looked back. And each time he looked back, he was doing nothing with the horse - his hands weren't urging, he didn't shown QR the whip, nothing.

joanied
08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
We do have another discussion on this in another thread...but, what the hell...I agree that John V screwed up...big time...it may have been the difference in winning this...as said by some others, looking behind you does effect the horse...it throws off balance and momentum, plus when you're looking back, you're not riding...I'm in front of my TV screaming at Johnny V...what the hell are you doing...ride, ride, ride... I don't know which of thse two were the better today, QR or Blame, because QR got a shit ride:faint:

otis0930
08-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Thank God I'm not alone here.......what a bullsh&t ride..I think JV was too overconfident........Hey Johnny....as they are turning for home can you try opening up on this field for Christ's sake...you only went :48.06 1:11.92 ...there will be plenty of time to see what's behind you after the race

big frank
08-07-2010, 11:54 PM
best horse won ,,,,, very simple.. stop blaming the scapegoats ,,,,, i mean jockeys !

otis0930
08-08-2010, 08:19 AM
What are you kidding me?...are you saying a jockey never loses a race?...A very good horse won the race....I'm not sure the best horse won the race

Robert Goren
08-08-2010, 08:26 AM
What are you kidding me?...are you saying a jockey never loses a race?...A very good horse won the race....I'm not sure the best horse won the race I bet QR, but I am sure the best horse won. QR is in the running for most over hyped horse in the world and I fell for it. Those high Beyers against weaker horses suck me in everytime.

Trotman
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
JV was duped by his own horse. Johnnie V thought this was his race to lose by overestimating his horse. If as he said after the race the horse just wouldn't get into the bit the whole race then instead of lookin he should have been whooping the margin at the wire was small. I have to agree with most BS ride :ThmbDown:

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Calvin got caught looking over his shoulder on Street Sense in the Preakness, and the margin of defeat to Curlin was about the same as the Whitney. Mighta gone the other way.